Koeman Appointed

Saint Garrett

Credit where it's due, KL and the board have certainly put to bed my fears of just selling players and trying to milk it for all it's worth.

Even if we do sell players as expected, I'm not bothered now because this is us putting our marker down for the season.

We've come a long way from Paul Sturrock thats for sure.

Excellent News.

Gives a great indication that the club really is driving forward and wants our success to continue. I don't see Koeman choosing to come here if there was no ambition.

For me it also seems a more definitive end of the Cortese era (of which I give great credit and enjoyed immensely)

Now however, its a new chapter and this first real Football decision fills me with cautious optimism.

If you put aside everything else that has happened this summer, (or even in spite of all that) this is quite some indicator of the progress of the club overall, to attract such a name.

I'm really quite excited by this - lots of work to be done, but I'll happily say now that, if we can finish around 8th again next season, and retain the manager and the momentum, then I think we're set fair for further improvement over the following seasons.

Sure is. Definitely goes a long way towards putting my mind at rest. Hopefully it works out well for him and us.

No mention of his brother though?

Right profile for us

Used to working with young players

Proven coach to develop young players/develop players

Been successful in player/coach career

Fits role to take us to next level

Thinks he'll adapt to England easily due to studying the league

Adding a GK coach in due course

Katharina stabilised the club

Case now of moving forward and exciting the fans

Logical that we wouldn't make any moves on players without a new manager

Ronald and Les need to discuss players futures

We'll make squad changes if they're right for the club

If players leave and we raise significant funds, it'll all go back into the club

Chances of Lallana being here next season? "Difficult to say"

"Strong chance" that Lallana will want to be here next season

Used the word banter in a sentence

Used it twice

About it really.

Reed on now; 75 on the football side, 'he just slots in'. hasn't said no to players leaving, on Adam now, strong chance he will want t part of new set up; Shaw lots of water to go under bridge, wants to keep team together, but not convincing afraid to say,…..

Why koeman

Got right profile, used to working with young players, proven developing young players and improving players. Also very successful as coach and player

Never manager in england can he adapt

He will adapt very easily, thoughts on game, he's study premier league, quailties of man will be whether he can adapt

Brother erwin to be assistant, that'll be plus as family members will want to be successful. Adding goalkeeping coach in due course

How much stabalising?

Dont think he will need to do much, KL did that when she came in, thats the strength of the club (the staff) Koeman plays into the coaching\scouting etc departments

On players leaving

Logical not to make moves (in or Out) without manager input, thats for Les & ronald to sit down and assess, changes will be made that are relevent to future of club (if right for club)

All fees recieved reinvested into the squad.

Chances on lallana staying

Difficult to say, nothing been done at the moment, strong chance Adam will want to be part of southampton

On Shaw

Big talk on money, transfer fees getting quoted contain add ons etc, allot of water to pass under the bridge yet, have to do whats right for SOTON future

Meltdown, what Meltdown.

Promised a top coach with European level experience, and that's what we've got.

There's a lesson for a few on this forum, but they won't learn it.

Welcome big Ron.

I can't THINK who You Mean BY that.

On reed on SSN , If he says there going the fee offered will suddenly reduce as their bargaining position weakens. If he says there definitely staying, he'll look like a **** if we sell him even if we got 35 million plus. Im not sure what people want him to say...

Meltdown, what Meltdown.

Promised a top coach with European level experience, and that's what we've got.

There's a lesson for a few on this forum, but they won't learn it.

Welcome big Ron.

Course they won't.

Already some quality back-tracking this morning. "No, I wasn't saying we were going to get relegated. And, clearly the board have now stopped procrastinating." Because, obviously, if something hasn't happened in two minutes, they were just procrastinating. Utter moron. :mcinnes:

So, do people still think there is an asset strip in the offing?

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?50520-Pre-sale-asset-strip&highlight=asset+stripping

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?50476-Is-this-the-scenario&highlight=asset+stripping#.U58PtY1dVnI

Course they won't.

Already some quality back-tracking this morning. "No, I wasn't saying we were going to get relegated. And, clearly the board have now stopped procrastinating." Because, obviously, if something hasn't happened in two minutes, they were just procrastinating. Utter moron. :mcinnes:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?50520-Pre-sale-asset-strip&highlight=asset+stripping

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?50476-Is-this-the-scenario&highlight=asset+stripping#.U58PtY1dVnI

Old SaintsWeb proverb says:-

"When CB Fry and pap agree, those they oppose are probably wrong"

Bedwetters. You'd think we'd never seen lower league football or sold a player.

I'm much more confident about having a decent squad by the end of the transfer window now, irrespective of what happens with the jewels.

Even if this appoint fails to achieve what we want, you can't blame the board for trying. This is one of the best appointments we could've made, especially with some of the names the threads have produced in the last few weeks.

Reed on now; 75 on the football side, 'he just slots in'. hasn't said no to players leaving, on Adam now, strong chance he will want t part of new set up; Shaw lots of water to go under bridge, wants to keep team together, but not convincing afraid to say,…..

I hope people weren't relying on Koeman to keep the want aways here. Those players have IMO already made their minds up (probably before the season had ended and poch was even gone) they want to sign for bigger clubs and get paid more. If we can keep them great but I wasn't expecting the arrival of Koeman to change their minds as the reasons they want to leave haven't changed. be a Shame if the new managers start with saints was soured because people expect him to preform miracles with the want away players.

Don't cry for me Pochettino

The truth is I never loved you

All through my wild days

My mad existence

I kept my promise

Now keep your distance

While we are talking songs:

Koeman Come On, Koeman Come on, Koeman Come on, Come on!

He wants to be in our gang, our gang, our gang! He wants to be in our gang, oh yeeeeeaaahhh!

PS Evidently he is better with kids than the writer of that song!)

Course they won't.

I feared an asset strip, glad that it appears I have been proved wrong ☺

While we are talking songs:

Koeman Come On, Koeman Come on, Koeman Come on, Come on!

He wants to be in our gang, our gang, our gang! He wants to be in our gang, oh yeeeeeaaahhh!

PS Evidently he is better with kids than the writer of that song!)

NO.

I reckon the away pre-season friendly will be against Feynoord. Lots of mutual admiration going on on Twitter.

Would be a great away day too

anyone remember the last pre-season we had there circa 2000? Much fun had by all!