Koeman Appointed

Saint Garrett

Is it the wrong time to admit that for a while he was in my Adrian Heath drawer for hated players after hauling David Platt back, then Conning the ref to only give a free kick and then going up the other end and scoring???

Wonder what Lawrie will have to say when they meet LOL.

but being serious, think it's an appointment that makes a statement. Hope it all works out well.

But he's a good sport about it...!

http://vod.com.ng/en/video/eaRxIf4o4jU/Phoenix-from-the-Flames-Ronald-Koeman

Edited by SW11_Saint

A bad day for the 'bedwetters' LOL

and the Hoddle supporters too

A very good appointment more experienced than MP

We have only sold Lambert since the end of the season so I think we should be fully behind Kat and the board and look forward to an exiting season and believe they know what they are doingl

Really pleased with this appointment, should stem the tide of players leaving.

Welcome aboard Ron manager, jumpers for goalposts...................marvellous.

Fingers crossed he can get Graziano Pellè , the guy looks like he'd make a really decent replacement for Ricky and you'd assume that big Ron might command some loyalty with him.

Really pleased with this appointment, should stem the tide of players leaving.

Welcome aboard Ron manager, jumpers for goalposts...................marvellous.

Fingers crossed he can get Graziano Pellè , the guy looks like he'd make a really decent replacement for Ricky and you'd assume that big Ron might command some loyalty with him.

If they go they go but it is going to be easier to get in new players I would have thought

Fantastic appointment(s) - no wonder Les had a smirk on his face in the recent interview - he must have known it was a done deal. Whether it will work remains to be seen - it will largely depend on the players, their willingness to work with Ron and his team, and the Board's willingness to get deals done for new top level players - also ran's will not cut it now. Feeling very positive after reading Ron's biog on the OS which reveals some stuff I didn't realise already - this guy really has got a top CV!

We have a manager and so can now deal for players, HTH :)

Love tHe fact that us Brits do gallows humour like no one else ;)

Great name apppointment and we cant argue with that - but lets hope he is able to to 'stem the tide' and put all the exodus rumours to bed. Always said it matters not who we appoint, what is important is that the players buy into his approach, and want to stay in a united side - our progress has been all about a TEAM effort where we are greter than the sum of its parts... but with some quality - Wishing RK all the best to build on the foundations laid by Pards, Adkins and MP - thast all we ca ask.

comes over very well - I am excited with the appointment and sorry that Spurs seem to be in meltdown after hearing of the appointment. LOL

I work n live in London and Spud fans I know are well ****ed off. How does little Southampton attached Koeman and they end up with MP.

Just hope we are still the ones laughing come next season

I work n live in London and Spud fans I know are well ****ed off. How does little Southampton attached Koeman and they end up with MP.

Just hope we are still the ones laughing come next season

Just tell those Spuds to'stick it'. All we need to do now is beat them at White Fart Lane !

He is on twitter which is quite strange for a manager. He just tweeted that he just passed 300,000 followers and that it has explode since he was announced at saints.

He only follows 34 people, these include Iniesta, Wesley Schijder (sp), John Guidetti, Pique and Mata.....Any of those would be nice,,,, still think guidetti has something to offer at the right club.

Compare this interview to Pooch's first one in english, where he literally looks like a slobby gringo, slouching, belly out, t-shirt on, 3 days stubble on his face...

The compare their records both as players and as managers...

No Brainer for me. Should (on paper) be a quality appointment. Our Laudrop but better?

Finding it very, very, very hard to be negative about this. Can someone on here help me out?

Nope, my proverbial cupboard is bare.

Glad the crap is over, feels like we've turned a corner. Hopefully having a committed experienced manager will now keep the wolves at bay.

Hopefully normal service resumed at SMS.

Nope, my proverbial cupboard is bare.

Glad the crap is over, feels like we've turned a corner. Hopefully having a committed experienced manager will now keep the wolves at bay.

Hopefully normal service resumed at SMS.

Hallelujah! I wonder how long this will last? I reckon two weeks.

Ronald Koeman, on 13th October 1993, you brought down David Platt as he was clean through on goal, in the penalty box. Only a free kick was given and you were not sent off. You then scored a free kick on the way to a 2-0 win for the Dutch. It cost us a place at the 1994 World Cup finals. At the time I was cross, particularly with you. I now realise I was wrong. It was only David Platt; he'd have missed anyway. We wouldn't have won the tournament, even if we'd got to the finals, probably exiting on penalties to the Germans. You did us a favour really. And now over 20 years on, you have arrived in Southampton. Hail Ronald, a true Saint. Until you leave for Spurs in 18 months...

@pn_neil_allen: A hearty clap for @alex_crook who said on June 3 where Ronald Koeman off to - and while holidaying in Barbados! Got some abuse for it too

Yep...would have been a great scoop if he wasn't about 12 hours behind everyone else on that day... :mcinnes:

Edited by trousers

Ronald Koeman' date=' on 13th October 1993, you brought down David Platt as he was clean through on goal, in the penalty box. Only a free kick was given and you were not sent off. You then scored a free kick on the way to a 2-0 win for the Dutch. It cost us a place at the 1994 World Cup finals. At the time I was cross, particularly with you. I now realise I was wrong. It was only David Platt; he'd have missed anyway. We wouldn't have won the tournament, even if we'd got to the finals, probably exiting on penalties to the Germans. You did us a favour really. And now over 20 years on, you have arrived in Southampton. Hail Ronald, a true Saint. Until you leave for Spurs in 18 months...[/quote']

Do I love Orange! ;)