Feeling optimistic about coming season....

washsaint

Really very impressed with pelle interview (and Tadic) and both look like strong additions. If we can keep MS and bring in a GK, LB, CB and another striker I think we will be looking very strong for the new season and, arguably, stronger than when we started last season.

Add in a sprinkle of youngsters to make their mark this season - Reed, McQueen and others? - and it could be a good ride.

Tadic and Pelle for less than the Lallana fee without even touching the Shaw fee yet!

RK seems like a very big step up on MP: seems very forthright, honest and committed. Looks like he won't stand for any nonsense and his 'name' has already got us Tadic and Pelle: how sweet if we could get Blind too?

Really looking forward to kick off of the new season now!

What a difference a few weeks make eh!? I'm feeling very optimistic and positive for the new season now.

I believe we have an upgraded manager in RK, atleast a 'like for like' replacement for the badge kissing Judas and Pellè sounds like an ideal replacement for Lambert. We have more more money to spend and if we can hold on to Morgan then we are no worse off squad wise than when we finished last season.

COYR.

So 17th is now achievable then.

I will be surprised if we finish in the top 10, put it that way. Delighted with the 2 key signings, but we need a few more, especially GK.

Will Lovren stay and what about Osvaldo ? Will Gaston finally come good ? Lots of intrigue.

As for 17th, I would be delighted as we would be still in the premier league !

Delighted with 17th? Glad the club is run by people with a touch more ambition than you...

Current squad is better than most of the teams who finished below us last season, not sure what business they have done so far that is making you sure they will be stronger teams? Mid table squad now, if we can secure a new left back and centre back (which given money we have to spend and time left till next season, I am confident of), we will be mid table pushing for top half.

Delighted with 17th? Glad the club is run by people with a touch more ambition than you...

Current squad is better than most of the teams who finished below us last season, not sure what business they have done so far that is making you sure they will be stronger teams? Mid table squad now, if we can secure a new left back and centre back (which given money we have to spend and time left till next season, I am confident of), we will be mid table pushing for top half.

So where do you make that assumption? 17th would be an achievement, anything above will be miraculous

All I have said is I would be delighted with 17th, becasue we would still be in the PL. Anything above would be even better and obviously happiness would increase each place further up the league.

But, at the end of the day there is one objective surely ? Staying in the Premier league., 17th would secure that objective.

Tadic and Pelle for Lallana and we have still to spend Luke and Rickie fees yet....I think we will lose Lovren too much has been said by him, but keeping Morgan and adding probably 4 more well who knows. Would love to go to Anfield and spoil their start to the season

Really very impressed with pelle interview (and Tadic) and both look like strong additions. If we can keep MS and bring in a GK, LB, CB and another striker I think we will be looking very strong for the new season and, arguably, stronger than when we started last season.

Add in a sprinkle of youngsters to make their mark this season - Reed, McQueen and others? - and it could be a good ride.

Tadic and Pelle for less than the Lallana fee without even touching the Shaw fee yet!

RK seems like a very big step up on MP: seems very forthright, honest and committed. Looks like he won't stand for any nonsense and his 'name' has already got us Tadic and Pelle: how sweet if we could get Blind too?

Really looking forward to kick off of the new season now!

Where is the Pelle interview?

Big test is to see who we bring in next.

Ever since RK came in we have pretty much known about GP & DT,let's see if he can land some more top drawer players AND stick to his word Lovren and Morgan are staying

So far I am impressed by everything RK has done,long may it continue

Try the OS. There is also a good interview with Ron about Grazi on (Saints) YouTube

Cheers, found it now, useless mobile OS on iPad.

Is it me or does Pelle's hair look like it's made from liquorice shoelaces.

Well, I feel a helluva lot better now because we have moved to replace 2 of our 3 losses so far.

I get the impression Koeman is more engaged with the job than Pochettino was, I hope the substance is there too.

Overall, as long as we make good our losses and do something about the absence of J-Rod for the foreseeable future, I cannot see us doing worse, because Koemann must have better tactical nous than that one trick pony Argie.

The signs are good and we're going in the right direction so far, do need a couple more players in before the start of the season though.

An LB and a CB (if Lovren goes) is all we require really, really wish we'd ship out donkey Hooiveld but I can't see that happening unfortunately.

I'm excited but a little apprehensive. This is our transition season. I don't see relegation, we're too strong for that, but it'll take some doing to achieve what we did last season, even if we do strengthen all areas suitably. 10th-12th and a decent cup run would be OK.

I'm excited but a little apprehensive. This is our transition season. I don't see relegation, we're too strong for that, but it'll take some doing to achieve what we did last season, even if we do strengthen all areas suitably. 10th-12th and a decent cup run would be OK.

I'd be very happy with that.

A mid table finish would do very nicely.

I've been saying for a couple of weeks that we'll be fine; the situation's only getting more exciting. Short of Reed and Koeman telling barefaced lies we were always going to replace the departures with quality. You'd also have to ask why the hell RK would've come here if Liebherr's intention was a 'fire sale' (ha - at tens of millions a pop!) or asset strip.

Granted it's one thing to claim we're out to sign decent players and another to deliver it, but the board deserved more of the benefit of the doubt than they received. Here's to the team continuing to deliver across the required positions.

Well, I feel a helluva lot better now because we have moved to replace 2 of our 3 losses so far.

I get the impression Koeman is more engaged with the job than Pochettino was, I hope the substance is there too.

Overall, as long as we make good our losses and do something about the absence of J-Rod for the foreseeable future, I cannot see us doing worse, because Koemann must have better tactical nous than that one trick pony Argie.

That would be the pony that got us to eighth?

That would be the pony that got us to eighth?

The one trick pony who was heavily involved in what Alpine described as "the greatest five years in our entire history" or something a few weeks ago.

And the one trick pony that Alpine went suitably apesh it about when he left.

The gift that keeps on giving.

I'll feel happier when we have another 2 or 3 in. Good start but I feel pelle is a bit of a gamble so would like a more proven striker for the next one.

If you think a proven premier league striker is in our budget and likely to come here you're going to be disappointed.

If you think a proven premier league striker is in our budget and likely to come here you're going to be disappointed.

Suppose so. someone like benteke would be great though or a youngster with the potential to be brilliant. Up front is so important so we need a few options to get us goals.

Suppose so. someone like benteke would be great though or a youngster with the potential to be brilliant. Up front is so important so we need a few options to get us goals.

Danny Ings, although I have concerns about his fitness record, patrick Bamford would be a quality signing in the 'young, hungry and guaranteed to improve' mould.

So where do you make that assumption? 17th would be an achievement, anything above will be miraculous

Above 17th miraculous? You're having a laugh, aren't you? The current squad is only short of a replacement for Shaw from last time around unless it comes to pass that Pelle and Tadic are nowhere near as good as Lallana and Lambert. Although Lovren and Schneiderlin might yet leave, then of course we will sign replacements for them too. Again, whether they are better or not remains to be seen, but I really do wonder why certain people conclude that they couldn't possibly be, even before they have kicked a ball for us. The implication is that you believe they can't be, otherwise logically if they were, then they ought to be able to achieve a similar league position (unless of course our manager isn't as good as Pochettino, which I very much doubt)

Last year we achieved our main objective of keeping the best players at the club. We then strengthened with 3 Champions League quality players. This summer we have lost our 3 England world cup stars and proven top class Prem players and there are serious questions about 2 more. A lot of you are getting excited about two new signings who are unproven in the Prem, much the same way Spurs got excited about Soldado and other foreign imports last season. Lets hope Tadic and Pelle turn out better. The priority now must be to keep Lovren and Morgan - news of keeping them with their will would delight me more than this week's signings.

I am optimistic about Koeman. I remember him as a player - he was world class and seemed to have all the credentials to make him a great manager. I hope we are the club that can elevate him to that status.

Last year we achieved our main objective of keeping the best players at the club.

In the face of no serious bids from any major club for any of our best players.

It's a lovely attempt to rewrite history, but no, that was not last year's "main objective".

The one trick pony who was heavily involved in what Alpine described as "the greatest five years in our entire history" or something a few weeks ago.

And the one trick pony that Alpine went suitably apesh it about when he left.

The gift that keeps on giving.

Do your best finding quotes relating to either of the digs you've made here - the direct quote you've made, and me going "apesh" above-and-beyond the typical reaction to that news on here.

Feel rather sad for you that you've resorted to making things up...

Ok,so we carry on moaning then ?

I would rather react to news than bang on the happy-clappy Über fan sh*t like some of you lobotomised morons.

:lol: thanks Alps. That made my morning - I guess you felt my comment was directed at you? Oh well, if the cap fits......

Do your best finding quotes relating to either of the digs you've made here - the direct quote you've made, and me going "apesh" above-and-beyond the typical reaction to that news on here.

Feel rather sad for you that you've resorted to making things up...

Delighted you agree with me now that our last five years were not our best ever. Must have been your son online that day.

And delighted you are now supporting the "Billy Davies standard manager" you said we were going to appoint - or did your son type that one too?

And any views on the "Rudi Skacel level" signings we've made? Or are you pretending you didn't say that either?

I think I speak for the whole forum when I say we are all thoroughly looking forward to the hate filled spiteful little nicknames you come up with for our manager and new signings come the end of August. Get your thinking cap on.

Before the recent signings and press conferences i was thinking we would finish 16th/15th, however after hearing RK speak and seeing how he got two replacements for Lallanas fee and Lamberts covering there wages for the coming season, gives me great hope with the Shaw money and lets be honest Lorven money we can sign 4 good players and still have some change to cover there wages for the coming season.

4 players would have to be LB CB GK Winger or Striker.

Then i feel we can again go for a top 8 finish and maybe do it if the players blend well together, if not a good 12th-10th finish would be fine for RKs 1st season and then allow us to go for top 8 or 6 season after.

I think I speak for the whole forum when I say we are all thoroughly looking forward to the hate filled spiteful little nicknames you come up with for our manager and new signings come the end of August. Get your thinking cap on.

Considering the diversity of opinions on here, I think that it is arrogant for anybody to believe for one second that they speak for the whole forum. It isn't as if you don't have previous in twisting the opinions of others either.

Is this still up for debate? I thought we'd settled on Pellend and Turdic

Is this still up for debate? I thought we'd settled on Pellend and Turdic

He's still got Koeman to come up with though and there should be a couple more signings for alps to get his head around.

Best start thinking of some nicknames for Ings, Marshall etc. just in case.