Lovren joins Liverpool - Official

toe_punt

The difference being NC had credibility. Even ML, at the time a billionaire, knew NC needed to captain the ship for the sake of his investment. ML was a business man and knew this. His heir on the other hand is not a business person, evident by the collapse of the MALI Group and its financial downfall. Now we have a non business person in charge who unlike ML, (who to reiterate, was a business person, had invested his own money, knew NC could do the job better than him) thinks they all of a sudden they can run a business. I'm sure Conrad Hilton would be spinning in his grave if his great great grand-daughter (Paris) took the reigns of his Hotel group.

We are where we are, the players with talent came here as we had a mission (project) now thats gone FUBAR they want out, we will be attractive to players in the championship and minor euro leagues as a stepping stone to follow the likes of Lallana et al. We still have an academy and its the likes of Wallcot, Bale and Shaw that keep that stocked with talent as they view us as a fast route to the big time.

A very sensible post

Another reason why Lovren has to be made an example of.

Tadic is now rumoured to be snubbing Saints for Everton. Lovrens comments on lack of ambition are undermining the ability of Koeman to tempt players to Saints. Could be linked.

We need a VERY strong statement from the club to counter this line tomorrow. The club must (again to be fair) make a strong statement that our ambition remains the same and that all money will go on player sales. We need to make a statement that we are unlikely to sell him to Liverpool. We need to signal potential signings that Lovren is wrong and self oriented. We probably need to expose Liverpool and Lovrens agent too.

Time to show steel Reed. Show steel when prodded and fight back.

I absolutely agree, excellent post.

Much as I suspected, this is all about the club s lack of ambition thanks to Liebherr s refusal to provide funds to challenge for the Champions league. This woman has no business owning a Premier League football club ,she doesnt understand the business, and frankly has ruined the Saints project.

Yes, let's get her out. She hasn't sanctioned £100m of her own money to even get near the top 4, SHE HAS TO DO THAT, apparently.

Are fans this dim?

Quite frankly, he can f**k right off then, along with anyone else who doesn't want to be here. Utter, utter w*nkers - modern football and modern footballers, tossers.

Lack of public leadership between January and May has cost us dear. Things have improved with Reed taking a more prominent role, but the decision to hire Ralph was an absolute farce. I feel harsh saying that as in some respects he is a really nice bloke with far more humanity than the previous incumbent, and he might one day make a decent Chairman, but talk about throwing him in the deep end! Why oh why was Williams not appointed as Chief Exec, and why couldn't Krueger have been placed in a role with less responsibility - like the advisory position we were initially duped into thinking he was going to be performing - and learnt a bit more about the trade while working under Williams, before perhaps being promoted at a later date? Does anyone seriously think that the players were impressed by Krueger when he was announced as Chairman? I remember Rickie saying Krueger was 'dead enthusiastic' but you got the sense that he must have been perceived as a bit of an alien or a joke figure among the players. Who is this man, and why is he now running things (or not) at this football club? Williams, on the other hand, would have commanded a lot more respect.

It is very hard for us fans to know whether players like Lovren are dressing their cold ambition up with excuses about being neglected by the board, and we might doubt the veracity of such claims or whether it is really influencing their decision-making, but the manner in which the club drifted through January to March with little in the way of any public declarations about the direction of the club has just given them a convenient get-out clause.

Edited by Toon Saint

Much as I suspected, this is all about the club s lack of ambition thanks to Liebherr s refusal to provide funds to challenge for the Champions league. This woman has no business owning a Premier League football club ,she doesnt understand the business, and frankly has ruined the Saints project.

Yes, let's get her out. She hasn't sanctioned £100m of her own money to even get near the top 4, SHE HAS TO DO THAT, apparently.

Are fans this dim?

Yes. Ours are certainly. This board especially is largely populated by a bunch of utter ****ing helmets. Not sure why I bother reading it every day. Players may go, or stay, or come, or not, and not one of the negative, board hating, sky falling on our heads mob of whingers here will have any control over it. Nor will they be happy with ANY outcome.

The fact is KL owns the club so she signs the cheques. If she doesn't want to **** her money away on a mong-board forum pipe dream that's fine by me. If we end up back in the Championship next May( HINT: we won't) then so be it.

Another reason why Lovren has to be made an example of.

Tadic is now rumoured to be snubbing Saints for Everton. Lovrens comments on lack of ambition are undermining the ability of Koeman to tempt players to Saints. Could be linked.

We need a VERY strong statement from the club to counter this line tomorrow. The club must (again to be fair) make a strong statement that our ambition remains the same and that all money will go on player sales. We need to make a statement that we are unlikely to sell him to Liverpool. We need to signal potential signings that Lovren is wrong and self oriented. We probably need to expose Liverpool and Lovrens agent too.

Time to show steel Reed. Show steel when prodded and fight back.

Agree with the point re Lovren weakening the club's position and reputation as a whole, ridiculously unprofessional.

Also, I know that top-level transfers are full of every trick in the book, but at what point are we going to get to with Liverpool tapping up our players where something is at least raised with the powers that be.

Another footballer without any integrity. Lovren's behaviour is disgusting. His arrogance unbelievable! Ship them out ASAP & start again!

Anywhere but Liverpool (and any other Prem Club tbh), it is just getting pathetic now... Absolutely ridiculous...

I can understand why he has said what he has- but surely he is a bit thick of he ever thought there would European football at St Mary's ?

As I pointed out on Guan's latest thread

"An equally concerning point is that Guan stated "the team we are left with" and left out the "not for sale at any price" Lovren. Not good news at all. "

So I think it's fair to say bye-bye to Dejan.

Edited by farawaysaint

If I was ever in a position to decide which footballer I'd spend £18M on I'd be more than a little concerned about the investments attitude as well as they're ability. If he's shown this much arrogance and lack of respect with his current employer, surely it would raise questions about his attitude should things not all go his way at the new club.

its like marrying the woman you started ****yin while still she was still married to a previous husband.

We won't know that until the transfer window ends and we take stock of how much we've spent and who we have attracted to join us.

Koeman's appointment is very positive, but it should also be noted that he took a team that had to rely on what it had as it had to sell its best players as it needed the cash. He then delivered. Koeman's appointment is not necessarily an indication of Owners and Boardroom ambition. It could be that they brought him in to try and do the same. Therefore all we have is what we've brought in at the end of August as an indicator of ambition.

Important few weeks ahead, and so far we have signed nobody, with Tadic reportedly heading for Everton. Tough for Koeman.

Schneiderlin is the one ray of light this week - a blatant challenge to our Board to show ambition after talking to Koeman - he's leaving unless they do.

So the indicators of ambition are clear: spend the money and retain Schnederlin. We shall see and will know on 1 Sep if MoPo and Lovren were right.

Edited by SaintRobbie

Are fans this dim?

How do you know that? Strikes me the only way we will know the ambition of our ownership and Board will be at the end of the transfer window. I will make my judgment on 1 Sep. meantime they have a few weeks left to show some intent and sack Lovren.

Don't sell him to Liverpool - sack him. Make him stay - we don't have to pay a man on strike. Then sell him to the crappiest team we can find for him in Europe that meet our valuation. We will never lose cash on him.

Edited by SaintRobbie

How do you know that? Strikes me the only way we will know the ambition of our ownership and Board will be at the end of the transfer window. I will make my judgment on 1 Sep. meantime they have a few weeks left to show some intent and sack Lovren.

Don't sell him to Liverpool - sack him. Make him stay or head for the crappiest team we can find for him in Europe.

For what it's worth, I didn't write that - I quoted in the first sentence from a post on the mail website, my response to that is the below sentence. Just wanted to make that clear!

His comments worse than Lallana imo...absolute ungreatful w*nker

"'Look, I'd gladly stay in Southampton if the club had any ambitions, if they kept the key players. [if that had happened] not even the Liverpool bid would have dissuaded me."

What do you expect the club to do you d1ckhead with players that don't want to be at the club.

Let him train with the kids.

His comments worse than Lallana imo...absolute ungreatful w*nker

"'Look, I'd gladly stay in Southampton if the club had any ambitions, if they kept the key players. [if that had happened] not even the Liverpool bid would have dissuaded me."

What do you expect the club to do you d1ckhead with players that don't want to be at the club.

Let him train with the kids.

He's gone already, it's all a show now as even Guan had him out of next year's team.

Are fans this dim?

You don't get it do you... We do NOT need to spend 100mil of her own money... But ensure we used the 120 mil turnover effectively.... No one is insisting she spend HER money, but we were told we do NOT end to sell for financial reasons! REED went on video to say so.... So if not financial it's because we have taken the money as we are UNABLE to convince any of these players to stay... The drive and determination is gone, the culture has changed. Yes most clubs would have struggled to turn down a 30 mil offer for Shaw, fair enough, but had we been Everton, he would have been all that had gone... No one else... Not possibly 4-6 key players, who by their leaving make I impossible for Korean no matter how much of the cash is reinvested.

1. Reed said sales whee not necessary

2. One or even two is understandable given that clubs of our size always face these situations

3. Tell me of another Prem club who has finished 8th and then sold the best players, not one or two, but all of them?

4. We have no idea how Cortese would have dealt with this summer, but he is NOT here, this is happening under KL and Kruegers watch, no one else's so they have to explain, or deliver.

5. I cannot understand anyone who thinks it's fine after such an excellent season, accepting that we need to 'rebuild' .. As if expecting the club to build on what we had achieved and progress, was something impossible without spending 100million.... That is Bol lox, we maybe needed to spend 20 or so max... With extra years experience, and a couple more youngsters coming through, and a new CB and cover for LB, we would have Ben in a great position.... Why has that not been possible? Sure maybe Shaw goes.... But this exodus?

Truth hurts... How many times do people have to hear it? Schneiderlin as good as said yesterday "match my ambitions and I'll stay". it's what all the players have been saying since cortese left in various interviews between now and then. It's what the vman said, someone genuinely itk. Problem is, we won't because that's not what our new board are about. They do write nice letters though, tbf...

Waaaaa but I don't wanna hear it , nasty players being horrible waaaaa..

Er no, they're being honest - unlike our new hierarchy who've lied and spun since they took over

Edited by Crab Lungs

His comments seem to be direct quotes, so have to assume they are true. If Lovren goes too, that won't help strengthen Morgan's wish for Saints to show ambition by letting our best centre back go. The more players leave, the more will want to leave.

We need to actually start signing players to show that we are ambitious. At this stage, words don't cut it!

Quite frankly, he can f**k right off then, along with anyone else who doesn't want to be here. Utter, utter w*nkers - modern football and modern footballers, tossers.

Agreed.

Lovren joined us a season after just staying up in the premier league, he took him from a club not playing him and he joined a team of players (who although quality to all of us) were not world class at all. I year or so ago Lovren would not of even hear of Shaw, Lallana or Morgan,,,,, now he wants a move he uses their sales as 'best' players leaving the club.

Even with NC here this period would of been tough. Get the most you can get for these wannabees and move no.

I think Lovren and Lallana will struggle to make impacts at new clubs (I think Saints are about their level) where as Schinderlin and Shaw will go on to do very well.

Agreed.

Lovren joined us a season after just staying up in the premier league, he took him from a club not playing him and he joined a team of players (who although quality to all of us) were not world class at all. I year or so ago Lovren would not of even hear of Shaw, Lallana or Morgan,,,,, now he wants a move he uses their sales as 'best' players leaving the club.

Even with NC here this period would of been tough. Get the most you can get for these wannabees and move no.

I think Lovren and Lallana will struggle to make impacts at new clubs (I think Saints are about their level) where as Schinderlin and Shaw will go on to do very well.

I expect Lallana will end up being very similar to Ozil, if a bit worse owing to him going from being a big fish in a small pond.

For everyone upset about him leaving, don't worry. It'll be as if he isn't even there! ;)

Personally, I think it's got **** all to do with the club's ambition. I think he's saying whatever he can to get out of the club. The only thing that matters to someone like Lovren is the amount of cash he can squeeze out of the highest bidder ... the greedy ****

He's just trying to WUM.

If new comments are in any way true, i'd keep hold of him just to make a statement that such behaviour is completely unacceptable.

Problem is the board has set a president with Lallana which shows not only is it acceptable but it works !

Not impressed. I can understand his stand point but mouthing off in public is disgraceful and symptomatic of a toddler throwing his toys out of the pram when he can't immediately get his way. The way Liverpool have played this has been designed to unsettle our players and I'm glad that the Suarez situation is giving them a taste of their own medicine.

To return to Lovren, I do wonder how good he actually is. Don't get me wrong, he had some decent performances in a Saints shirt but Luke Shaw is a fabulous talent and I wonder if having him outside Dejan allowed him to stay central and offer less cover than if Fox, say, had been there. He's also prone to diving in, in the box, and can be a penalty waiting to happen. It would be great to keep him but I think that point has passed and £20 million is more than enough IMO.

Personally, I think it's got **** all to do with the club's ambition. I think he's saying whatever he can to get out of the club. The only thing that matters to someone like Lovren is the amount of cash he can squeeze out of the highest bidder ... the greedy ****

Think his wife might be an influencing factor also. She was off on week long holidays virtually every month. She left Southampton a good 2-4 weeks before the season ended.

How the hell can his "mind already be at liverpool" one club shows an interest and you say that and do everything. In your power to make the club have to get rid of you

Sent from my RM-885_eu_euro1_290 using Tapatalk

Massively disrespectful and damaging to the club and its aspirations to sign quality players .....he should be fined and left to train with the reserves or kids .

The club also need to issue a statement to water the effect of his comments down or we wont be buying anyone of any quality or potential .

How the hell can his "mind already be at liverpool" one club shows an interest and you say that and do everything. In your power to make the club have to get rid of you

Sent from my RM-885_eu_euro1_290 using Tapatalk

It's an embarrassing comment, for us as well as him.

Think his wife might be an influencing factor also. She was off on week long holidays virtually every month. She left Southampton a good 2-4 weeks before the season ended.

Maybe she got p**sed off with him waving his d!ck in other men's faces round the hot tub.

It's an embarrassing comment, for us as well as him.

sure is! He has made it very difficult fir the club to keep him now regardless as hes pretty much said he wont kick a ball for us again

Lovren's latest comments mark the final end of the dream for me. We are officially on our way back to (hopefully) mid-table mediocrity. Our 15 year journey through the echelons of English football has completed its circle.

We've even got the medicore stripes back..

To return to Lovren' date=' I do wonder how good he actually is. Don't get me wrong, he had some decent performances in a Saints shirt but Luke Shaw is a fabulous talent and I wonder if having him outside Dejan allowed him to stay central and offer less cover than if Fox, say, had been there. He's also prone to diving in, in the box, and can be a penalty waiting to happen. It would be great to keep him but I think that point has passed and £20 million is more than enough IMO.[/quote']

I wish we didn't have this revisionism when a good player leaves. Lovren is absolutely top class. I don't agree that he could walk into any team but he's more than good enough to be playing for a team fighting for trophies.

I wish we didn't have this revisionism when a good player leaves. Lovren is absolutely top class. I don't agree that he could walk into any team but he's more than good enough to be playing for a team fighting for trophies.

He is class yes, but it's human nature, everything he said there about Dejan's flaws is true you'll always highlight the bad in a situation like this.

Agree he's a fantastic player, even if his comments are not those of a decent person imo. Last centre back who looked that good for us was Killer imo.

How can you say that?!

Your support for the dream is all that keeps me going!

If you have given up, there surely is no point going on :(

You're new here. You'll get to know Alpine, he finds something to moan about every week. Even if we win 7-0 something will be the end of the club/dream/team etc etc