Lovren joins Liverpool - Official

toe_punt

Why should he be bothered that the club didn't inform him of the interest from Liverpool?,hes under contract to saints or am I being too simplistic?

When he signed a contract with us he must of been happy with it,have we changed his contract without him knowing?,is he on less money? Are we forcing him to do things against his contract terms?.....I'm guessing no

So whats the problem ?

The annoying thing is that it was easier to keep our stars in the Championship because

a) We could see they were class but it was a risk for any big prem team

b) We could offer them the carrot of promotion to keep a hold of them

We can't offer the players anything other than mid-table so now they feel they have to leave to progress.

What evidence do we have of this ambition?

The fact it knocked back a £20M bid for Lovren. The fact it hired a manager with an international reputation. The fact it received £55M for 2 players worth half that amount in the real world. That's enough to satisfy me for now before i start screaming that the end of the world is coming.

The fact it knocked back a £20M bid for Lovren. The fact it hired a manager with an international reputation. The fact it received £55M for 2 players worth half that amount in the real world. That's enough to satisfy me for now before i start screaming that the end of the world is coming.

Ok fair enough. So selling your best players for inflated fees should be seen as a sign of ambition?

Ok fair enough. So selling your best players for inflated fees should be seen as a sign of ambition?

Yeah, if you buy something of equivalent worth for market value. The jury is waiting to see how it goes with that but until then my sabre is staying in my pocket.

Lovren can pi&$ off. Go and be **** at a Suarezless Liverpool. I want players that want to be here playing for the stripes, even if that means compromising on League position.

I don't envy Koeman's job.

"My head is already in Liverpool" is something that has been badly translated by an online translator.

What it actually means is "in my head I'm already thinking about Liverpool" That is, based on the fact that Saints have no ambition, are selling their best players.

If Liverpool are trying to sell Aggen to Barcelona, I'm sure we'd do better selling Lovren to Barcelona and get and even better price or player back in return.

Well done Le Tiss for telling Lovren to keep his mouth shut.

Yeah, if you buy something of equivalent worth for market value. The jury is waiting to see how it goes with that but until then my sabre is staying in my pocket.

You've got a sabre in your pocket?

You wonder what kind of crazy, unrealistic dream Cortese promised to these players who are now unhappy. Welcome back to reality Dejan!

The fact that half our players are off to Champions League quality teams and most of the rest are internationals show's it wasn't such a "crazy, unrealistic dream"......We had a first team that was good enough for 3rd half way through the season. Unlike our sad fan base, that team believed and proved they were good enough......Add 4 or 5 more quality players over a couple of years and anything was possible.

But now we have Ralf and stripes and back to out traditional level of "reality" and everything is wonderful with the fan base.

Our only hope now, is that Koeman can rise above the incompetence of the board and make things happen in spite of them....If he can't then it's goodbye Premier League for sure.

You wonder what kind of crazy, unrealistic dream Cortese promised to these players who are now unhappy. Welcome back to reality Dejan!

Probably something along the lines of having great players at the club, a great academy and we will be looking to incrementally improve with very good signings when we have the opportunity in order to have a crack at Europe. How crazy and unrealistic.

While keeping them all at the club *****ing and moaning, bringing the rest of the team down, while putting in half the effort (as you do when you are unhappy in your job) would have been a much better idea would it? the club are screwed which ever way they jump. Keep all the want away players and they end up with a toxic dressing room which probably see us relegated. Sell the best players and lose the quality in the squad and see us struggling against relegation. Basically welcome to the modern PL this is what everyone was desperate for back in league 1, now you've got the dream, you have to live with the realities of it.

While keeping them all at the club *****ing and moaning, bringing the rest of the team down, while putting in half the effort (as you do when you are unhappy in your job) would have been a much better idea would it? the club are screwed which ever way they jump. Keep all the want away players and they end up with a toxic dressing room which probably see us relegated. Sell the best players and lose the quality in the squad and see us struggling against relegation. Basically welcome to the modern PL this is what everyone was desperate for back in league 1, now you've got the dream, you have to live with the realities of it.

when does that ever really happen?

when do players on the verge of their national teams ever EVER do that?

The fact that half our players are off to Champions League quality teams and most of the rest are internationals show's it wasn't such a "crazy, unrealistic dream"......We had a first team that was good enough for 3rd half way through the season. Unlike our sad fan base, that team believed and proved they were good enough......Add 4 or 5 more quality players over a couple of years and anything was possible.

But now we have Ralf and stripes and back to out traditional level of "reality" and everything is wonderful with the fan base.

Our only hope now, is that Koeman can rise above the incompetence of the board and make things happen in spite of them....If he can't then it's goodbye Premier League for sure.

Over a full season (where you get a true picture of the quality and depth of a squad), we came 8th. A really decent finish considering some of the teams who finished above us (eg The smaller of the big 6/7, Spurs had a Turnover double ours, and those nasty Scousers commercial revenue alone is one & half times our total income).

Where would the funds have come from to (a) buy these new players and (b) fund their wages? Ramirez and Osvaldo have shown it's not easy landing these quality players and when players at our level show themselves to be real quality, it's not that easy keeping them either, particularly when the big fish are offering huge sums in wages.

We never had and never will have the financial muscle or pull to break in to the big boys club. Just how much of Markus' legacy would you have wanted spent chasing the dream?

All that proves is we hand a handful of good players to compete for CL you need a whole squad of good players we would never have kept hold of the good players long enough to build a squad good enough to break top four. Sad but that is the reality of the PL we had our best every PL season and our players still want to leave. I think those of us who always knew top 4/CL was bollix are handling the currently situation a lot better than those who bought into the saints in the CL fantasy.

when does that ever really happen?

when do players on the verge of their national teams ever EVER do that?

So you think they would have just carried on happily, Lovern and Lallana both refusing to play, if we just told all those players they weren't going anywhere....dream on.

So you think they would have just carried on happily, Lovern and Lallana both refusing to play, if we just told all those players they weren't going anywhere....dream on.

yep. as your scenario just does not happen.

he will want his bonuses, being part of a prem team, keeping his stock high incase offers come in for him again, keep his place for croatia

look what happened to osvlado when you do not really play..

he was Italy's number 9, now he is no where

my point is, enough is enough now. 3 of our crown jewells are gone....no team ever loses that, let alone half a team unless they are leeds or pompey......

he will want his bonuses, being part of a prem team, keeping his stock high incase offers come in for him again, keep his place for croatia

my point is, enough is enough now. 3 of our crown jewells are gone....no team ever loses that, let alone half a team unless they are leeds or pompey......

People really believe we would be left in a scenario where we would have up to all 5 players all on strike, making PL history in process :lol:

People really believe we would be left in a scenario where we would have up to all 5 players all on strike, making PL history in process :lol:

Some people believe professional ambitious footballers knowing they can double or treble their wages and play for the biggest teams on the planet put in one polite transfer request, get told no and then forget all about it, looking forward to another thrilling season of mid table football on fifty grand a week.

"No means no, boss. Okay, fine. Never liked Liverpool and having a six figure salary. Fair enough, I'm just happy to be paid an obscene amount here - any more would be a waste. Can't wait for the new season because I really believe in our vision to maybe play Champions League because I'd love to that. Just not next season for a club definitely in the champions league. No, at Saints some time."

No means no. LOLZZZZ.

Except for that to happen the player has to believe that the club would accept offers for him....which they won't because of us knocking back their big moves. You ever worked with people who don't want to be at their work place? They just go through the motions ****ing everyone around them off times that by four or five people and we would have **** team morale. Osvaldo is an excellent example of a player not wanting to be somewhere going through the motions and bringing the whole team down with his antics.

Some people believe professional ambitious footballers knowing they can double or treble their wages and play for the biggest teams on the planet put in one polite transfer request, get told no and then forget all about it, looking forward to another thrilling season of mid table football on fifty grand a week.

"No means no, boss. Okay, fine. Never liked Liverpool and having a six figure salary. Fair enough, I'm just happy to be paid an obscene amount here - any more would be a waste. Can't wait for the new season because I really believe in our vision to maybe play Champions League because I'd love to that. Just not next season for a club definitely in the champions league. No, at Saints some time."

No means no. LOLZZZZ.

Some might not be overly happy, but you don't sell all your best players in a window unless you're broke or relegated. No one else does it because it's madness.

I doubt Osvaldo gives a fig. He's still getting his mega wages paid and he also knows that at some point he will get another move (and if not his contract with us gives him security).

The players all have the power now, and the best the clubs can do is to ensure they have long term contracts or release clauses to compensate them for their losses.

We're losing players to the ambitious Liverpool, who can now be labelled unambiguous for losing their main talisman??? and what about poor old mediocre Arsenal being raided by the big boys for Nasri, Fabregas, Van Persie, Adebayour, Toure, Clichy, Song etc over a relatively short period?

More I read on all the media reports today the more I realise that Lovren has done far more damage to this club than he has good in a whole season.

I hope the club throw the book at him. We mustn't allow him to get his way and get to Liverpool.

Probably something along the lines of having great players at the club, a great academy and we will be looking to incrementally improve with very good signings when we have the opportunity in order to have a crack at Europe. How crazy and unrealistic.

AL.... "But I demand I play CL football next season - pah Saints have no ambition to get there in time to satisfy my self-gratification and bank balance. I don't have time or the commitment to work at it with Saints so I insist I go now, and if I don't, I'll scream and scream and scream until I'm sick"

DL.... "But I demand I play CL football next season - pah Saints have no ambition to get there in time to satisfy my self-gratification and bank balance. I don't have the time or commitment to work at it with Saints so I insist I go now, and if I don't, I'll scream and scream and scream until I'm sick"

LS.... "Moneeeeeeeeeey!!!! ManUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!"

RL...."Liverpoooooooooooool!"

The thing is, it's a little hypocritical to moan about a lack of club ambition at the same time as you're moaning that the club won't sell you.

These guys need to be a bit more professional. If they signed long deals purely on the word of one man, especially in an industry as bonkers as football, then they are a little shortsighted.

Lovren is totally out of order going so public as he has. I sincerely hope that we do not let him go until we have sourced a good replacement. I think the time has come now for all this to be taken in hand and if he has to stay here until the January window or even next year then tough. He will not like that but I am sure he will survive. I know that players tend to get there way in the end but I think our future survival in the Premier league trumps his personal ambition [or greed].

We never had and never will have the financial muscle or pull to break in to the big boys club. Just how much of Markus' legacy would you have wanted spent chasing the dream?

And that is exactly why teams like saints should go all out to do well in the cup games which is what made my blood boil last season.

Some might not be overly happy, but you don't sell all your best players in a window unless you're broke or relegated. No one else does it because it's madness.

You might not be overly happy, but a few footballers, their agents and bigger football clubs than us couldn't give a stuff about that.

At least it's clear why Cortese jumped ship, he sold a bunch a players his pipe-dream and got the hell out before the inevitable happened, I expect he left a big ****ing debt for the current board to clear up as well.

This.

At least it's clear why Cortese jumped ship, he sold a bunch a players his pipe-dream and got the hell out before the inevitable happened, I expect he left a big ****ing debt for the current board to clear up as well.

That's about the size of it. And some fans will still cling onto their heroes words, believing none of it would have happened if he was here.

The thing is, it's a little hypocritical to moan about a lack of club ambition at the same time as you're moaning that the club won't sell you.

The lack of ambition, the selling of our best players, happened before he starting moaning about not selling him. If we hadn't sold Shaw and Lallana then that would have signalled we meant business about breaking the top 6. The club had a choice, it could have given these players unbelievable money to tempt them to stay, otherwise it was pretty much inevitable that the talent would leave.

You club has chosen a different path, perhaps a more sustainable one, but with so much talent leaving the risk now is that we go down.

Edited by Chez