Lovren joins Liverpool - Official

toe_punt

What' date=' they shoved him in the reserves and didn't play him to teach him a lesson?[/quote']

Sort of - he was told to train on his own/with the reserves but that was during his ban. I suppose he would have come back into the fold if he were available to play.

Also happened to Adebayor at Tottenham for different reasons.

Laughable. If that was Morgan, the exact same story, the exact same quotes, the exact same everything you would take that as "he's putting himself in the shop window, he's off". The forum would be in its usual meltdown.

either way there's no way lovren will be here next season that's going to be a huge loss, once a player decides they are leaving there's not a lot the club can do as he will either strike or just not turn up

On me Holibobs so not fully in touch.

If Lovren has gone on strike I hope that we ain't paying him, and if that tosspot Gordon Taylor the PFA union boss pokes his five eggs in we tell home to F off!!

i shall return to staring into the bottom of an emptying glass.

We have to draw a line in the sand at some point. This is it for me, we simply cannot continue to sell players however much is offered.

We have to send a message to the players we still retain & the footballing world outside that we can say NO no More!

To capitulate to another player just means we are a soft touch, and can be manipulated by anyone.

F**k Lovren let him go on strike, & keep fining him if he wants to be a c**t let him rot for his contract.

We don't need the money so why would we sell again.

did NC say we were going to win the CL?

Many oh here are happy to accept mediocrity (Me also, as i want stability and understand our limitations of the club)

ML and NC did not have those low expectations.People forget it seems that ML had total trust in NC and they had a bond. In business I have seen many people whose siblings were never as smart or business savvy and the wealth lost. So far i have not seen brilliant business decisions since ML passed away. To me NC turned a 13m asset into a 100m asset. This time next season we may be back to a 50m asset.

NC IMO had a desire and confidence that he could turn the club into a force, (he may of been wrong of course)and that could well have transmitted as he got the better players to either sign long contracts or indeed sign for us. He may have cancelled a book order (again there could be valid reasons) but he drove our football club to a level that we had not envisaged some time ago. I doubt Dortmund fana or Athletico fans really believed they would reach the heights either

Good post and I share your view. Shame so many others are accepting of what is happening.

I doubt Dortmund fana or Athletico fans really believed they would reach the heights either

It's risible to compare us with those two teams (and that has nothing to do with accepting mediocrity).

Dortmund is the powerhouse of the Ruhr area and it's football club regularly pull in 80,000 (the highest average attendance in Europe!!). They are not a club who have been punching above their weight, instead they are one of the mainstays of The Bundesliga.

And we've done Atletico Madrid before. They've won the League in almost every decade (and the Copa Del Rey) and are the second team in one of Europe's finest city's.

People forget it seems that ML had total trust in NC and they had a bond. In business I have seen many people whose siblings were never as smart or business savvy and the wealth lost. So far i have not seen brilliant business decisions since ML passed away. To me NC turned a 13m asset into a 100m asset. This time next season we may be back to a 50m asset.

To be fair business is about making money and big Kat has pulled in almost £60mill so far this summer.

It's risible to compare us with those two teams (and that has nothing to do with accepting mediocrity).

Dortmund is the powerhouse of the Ruhr area and it's football club regularly pull in 80,000 (the highest average attendance in Europe!!). They are not a club who have been punching above their weight, instead they are one of the mainstays of The Bundesliga.

And we've done Atletico Madrid before. They've won the League in almost every decade (and the Copa Del Rey) and are the second team in one of Europe's finest city's.

Indeed.

Dortmund have only won the League title eight times. And loads of other trophies including the, err, Champions League.

So yeah, the fans of that tiny plucky little club with the largest fanbase in Germany must be amazed how they've "hit the heights" all of a sudden.

And as you say, lets not dwell on the oh so similar to Saints record of Atletico. Just the standard winning of the league ten times, just like us.

Saints have just tweeted happy birthday to Lovren. This might be the most credible evidence to say that Dejan hasn't crossed the picket line

Could be the deal breaker .... well done Saints. :D

Y'day a Return to Red and White Stripes, today birthday wishes to Lovren, the PR team are working their socks off in the winning Hearts and Minds back campaign :toppa:

Indeed.

Dortmund have only won the League title eight times. And loads of other trophies including the, err, Champions League.

So yeah, the fans of that tiny plucky little club with the largest fanbase in Germany must be amazed how they've "hit the heights" all of a sudden.

And as you say, lets not dwell on the oh so similar to Saints record of Atletico. Just the standard winning of the league ten times, just like us.

Not entirely convincing.

Both are selling clubs, and when they do spend big, it's normally because someone has just given them a large wedge for one or more of their players.

http://www.soccerfame.com/transfer_table/team/borussia-dortmund

http://www.soccerfame.com/transfer_table/team/atletico-madrid

It's about net spend and successfully managing player turnover. Both of those clubs are models in how to do it right - Dortmund have made record profits this year.

And yes, things are different. Big woop. Take a gold star for pointing out the fúcking obvious, chaps. We don't have enough of that around here.

However, given Saints position of being able one of the few clubs that consistently produces high value talent ( and crucially, negotiates big fees ), maybe it's worth looking beyond 80,000 people and the unique characteristics of the Ruhr to see what they're doing right.

Indeed.

Well until a couple of seasons ago if you asked most on here to name 3teams from Germany or Spain neither of those would be in many peoples minds. They still have the disadvantage of teams with massive reputations and history in front of them.

There is nothing wrong in ML and NC believing and putting in a mindset into our club and staff that we could compete. I tell you what CB you go and see how many decent players we will get when Reed tries to sell the club to incoming players of a relegation struggle club, who will let themselves be blackmailed all the time. Personally I was delighted we had NC at the top who didn't listen to people whose intention was to destabilise the club. Yep we are so lucky that now he has gone we have our stripes back, a book is now on sale in the clubs shop and Frannie can now strut around again. We've got our club back alright, just as I remember it under Wilde and co

Well until a couple of seasons ago if you asked most on here to name 3teams from Germany or Spain neither of those would be in many peoples minds. They still have the disadvantage of teams with massive reputations and history in front of them.

In which case it doesn't say much for "most on here" as they've won the Bundesliga 5 time in the last 20 years. They are behind Bayern in terms of "massive" status but they are up there in much the same way as our top 4/5 are.

And as for Atletico, well since they last won La Liga in the mid 90s I think only Valencia & Deportivo have challenged the dominant two teams in Spanish football. They cant hold a candle to Real and Barcelona, but they're up there as the next best.

Edited by um pahars

In which case it doesn't say much for "most on here" as they've won the Bundesliga 5 time in the last 20 years. They are behind Bayern in terms of "massive" status but they are up there in much the same way as our top 4/5 are.

And as for Atletico, well since they last won La Liga in the mid 90s I think only Valencia & Deportivo have challenged the dominant two teams in Spanish football. They cant hold a candle to Real and Barcelona, but they're up there as the next best.

probably my bad on the team i was thinking of, there was a German team who went from rags to riches a couple of seasons ago, perhaps it was wolfsberg but they took on the big boys and really tugged on the top clubs tail. My point being of course if they can do it so why couldnt NC and Ml have the same vision/

If Everton can give it a bloody good go, then we could have too had we kept everyone this season. Or at best, just lost shaw and used that money with prem bt money to add 3-4 good players.

Remind me which players Everton have kept when been offered multi millions by champions league clubs. I can only think of Baines in the last 10 years, there must be dozens more I've forgotten about Brett as they've given it a bloody good go ain't they.

probably my bad on the team i was thinking of, there was a German team who went from rags to riches a couple of seasons ago, perhaps it was wolfsberg but they took on the big boys and really tugged on the top clubs tail. My point being of course if they can do it so why couldnt NC and Ml have the same vision/

Try 1899 Hoffenheim.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TSG_1899_Hoffenheim

Remind me which players Everton have kept when been offered multi millions by champions league clubs. I can only think of Baines in the last 10 years, there must be dozens more I've forgotten about Brett as they've given it a bloody good go ain't they.

that i s a good point

but I will also add, I dont recall them about to sell baines, barkley and howard in one go this summer

they do lose players, hence my point about people saying CL is completely out of the question. They lose players and give it a right go

difference is, they will lose 1 star player at a time

we have lost 3 already in 2 weeks

that i s a good point

but I will also add, I dont recall them about to sell baines, barkley and howard in one go this summer

they do lose players, hence my point about people saying CL is completely out of the question. They lose players and give it a right go

Maybe they haven't had massive offers and their players offered huge wages all in one go?

Itll be interesting to see what happens will Barkley now man city are predictably sniffing around. Are Baines and Howard really top 4 standard? Howard was at Man united a few years back and let go. Baines is 30 in December after his World Cup hardly going to have top clubs banging at the door.

We do seem to be unfortunate in that we've lost 3 good players at once but all deals were good for the club and what's to say long term in might work out from the best. get shot of those that don't want to be here and think they've out grown up and get players in who do want to he here and build again.

Maybe they haven't had massive offers and their players offered huge wages all in one go?

Itll be interesting to see what happens will Barkley now man city are predictably sniffing around. Are Baines and Howard really top 4 standard? Howard was at Man united a few years back and let go. Baines is 30 in December after his World Cup hardly going to have top clubs banging at the door.

We do seem to be unfortunate in that we've lost 3 good players at once but all deals were good for the club and what's to say long term in might work out from the best. get shot of those that don't want to be here and think they've out grown up and get players in who do want to he here and build again.

maybe they had.

Just seems that ANY team in the top flight, outside of a leeds/portsmouth scenario never ever loses its 3 star players (and counting) in the space of weeks

either way, they have had some excellent players and never sold them in a 1'er

If Everton can give it a bloody good go, then we could have too had we kept everyone this season. Or at best, just lost shaw and used that money with prem bt money to add 3-4 good players.

We still can

maybe they had.

Just seems that ANY team in the top flight, outside of a leeds/portsmouth scenario never ever loses its 3 star players (and counting) in the space of weeks

either way, they have had some excellent players and never sold them in a 1'er

Aston villa lost downing, Young and friedel in one summer. That not long after Milner and Barry both going. Yes it's unusual but it's also unusual for a club of saints size to have 5 or 6 top 4 level players.

Aston villa lost downing, Young and friedel in one summer. That not long after Milner and Barry both going. Yes it's unusual but it's also unusual for a club of saints size to have 5 or 6 top 4 level players.

and look how it is turning out for them

that i s a good point

The difference is that Barkley and Howard aren't attracting top interest, maybe 1 or 2 enquires here and there - but the top clubs are waiting for Barkley in particular, probably another season.

But when a top, top club wanted Rodwell - he went. When a top, top club wanted Fellani - he went, same with Rooney. They're in the same position as us, if big clubs want their players, they will go eventually.

I will stuck this one out there....we had a better core 11 last year than Everton, that's why we have more players in demand in one go. Our problem was our lack of quality depth beyond that 11.

and look how it is turning out for them

That's because they spent the money badly and appointed Alex MacLeish as manager!

We've appointed a decent manager and now It comes down to spending the bit pot of money wisely.

In an ideal world you'd keep your best players but once champions league sides want them and wave £100k under their noses you can't compete and it would suicide to match their wages. It's now about how we spend the money.

Pelle and Tadic for £16m in v lambert and Lallana out for £25m looks good business to me. Now it's down to Koeman to make it work an replace Shaw.

Lovren just tweeted to @southamptonfc ThankYou and a thumbs up.

that means we have accepted a bid then

Yes, it's his birthday today!

They wished him Happy Birthday

Haha! Nothing like panic, eh batman?

he said THANK YOU! He MUST be off! That thank you meant "thank you for releasing me from these bonds of slavery".

Oh no, its his birthday.

@blighty2014: @DejanLovren05 Many happy returns big man, may ALL your wishes come true! ;)

@DejanLovren05: @blighty2014 thank uu :)

@aldic2: @DejanLovren05 sretan rođendan, nadam se da uživaš na zasluženom odmoru! Svidio mi se kćerkin dres s natpisom "Tata" :D

YNWA! :D

@DejanLovren05: @aldic2 haha hvala ;) pozz