Lovren joins Liverpool - Official

toe_punt

Saints have to stand firm on this, they are being made to look like complete amateurs at the moment. If lovren wants to strike and throw his career away then let him get on with it, he'll be breaching his contract so I'm sure they can sort some way of at least paying him less if anything at all, if the players wanna play hardball the club have to start joining in otherwise this is gonna happen every summer!

I was kind of reassured to find out that the club fought to keep Lallana, and only bent over when he made his position untenable. Still, as you say, it does set a Precedent that we may come to regret!

Can't let people like him and Osvaldo take the ****. Maximum fines if that is the case.

Clearly he will go though, and in all honesty it won't be long before most of the signings from the previous era have moved on IMO.

Edited by Saint Charlie

**** him. Saints are going to need to make an example of someone before every player thinks they can pull this crap. Throw him in the reserves and fine him the absolute maximum. Sure it will cost us, but it might shift the balance of power slightly back in the clubs favour if they show some balls

According to the Echo today lovren has no plans to return for preseason training with saints. Makes you wonder if this #asklovrenpart2 thing is to force clubs hand before he dishes the dirt.

Order him to return and Let him rot in u21's I reckon.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/11315980.Lovren_to_force_exit_from_Saints_with_pre_season_no_show/

Source = Barber?

Will clubs ever stand up to this action? I know it would take courage to take a stand on this but blackmail needs to be resisted. Is Lovren with the same agent as AL if so it seems their strategy seems to be the same as it worked last time

Will clubs ever stand up to this action? I know it would take courage to take a stand on this but blackmail needs to be resisted. Is Lovren with the same agent as AL if so it seems their strategy seems to be the same as it worked last time

Force him to train with the youth team. The club needs to stand firm now. If we don't, there is a major risk that we'll be seen as a soft touch.

Force him to train with the youth team. The club needs to stand firm now. If we don't, there is a major risk that we'll be seen as a soft touch.

Hold him against his will and we'll not attract any more talent to the club. Totally mismanaged situation.

"In my experience, if a player wants to go, he goes, and that will be the outcome."

David Dein talking to SSN about the Suarez situation but would seem to apply equally to us.

He's talking out of his arse. Suarez wanted to go to Arsenal last season, but Liverpool told him to f*ck off. He gave them another season and Champions League football.

Unfortunately the situation is that not many clubs can afford to. I am still hoping (in vain) that our owner might turn around and say **** it, let them stick to their contracts.

Sue him for breach of contract.

Agree with the above, if the story is true.

Should try selling him abroad, certainly not consider selling to Liverpool or MP.

Unfortunately the situation is that not many clubs can afford to. I am still hoping (in vain) that our owner might turn around and say **** it, let them stick to their contracts.
agitating to get away weakens our position and so costs us potential millions in fees. if we stood our ground it may cost us a few hundred thousand until the player understands that he needs to play or he will never get a move in the future. Yes i understand he will still go in time but it would give the club breathing space to stop this death by a thousand cuts

agitating to get away weakens our position and so costs us potential millions in fees. if we stood our ground it may cost us a few hundred thousand until the player understands that he needs to play or he will never get a move in the future. Yes i understand he will still go in time but it would give the club breathing space to stop this death by a thousand cuts

There is another problem.....you play hard ball and refuse 2 or 3 players an exit, and will you be able to attract decent replacements?

Interesting point though about being sold a project that has turned out to be untrue. If he was told champions league was the plan I suppose from his perspective selling all our best players is a breach of that agreement. Still totally the wrong way to go about things though.

Interesting point though about being sold a project that has turned out to be untrue. If he was told champions league was the plan I suppose from his perspective selling all our best players is a breach of that agreement. Still totally the wrong way to go about things though.

Dreams and agreements aren't the same thing.

There is another problem.....you play hard ball and refuse 2 or 3 players an exit, and will you be able to attract decent replacements?

At this point who the **** would want to come anyway. Moral is at an incredible low, two of the longest serving players have jumped ship one with bad blood left between fans and club. The manager dived out the door, more players are threatening to strike in their determination to get out. If you were a top player and Southampton offered you a contract at this point and told you they were ambitious and wanted Europe would you shake on it? I'd be thinking there is something seriously wrong behind the scenes.

I think I'd wait and see what happens maybe re-consider it in January, of course as we all know if we don't get signatures by then, we will be ****ed.

At this point who the **** would want to come anyway. Moral is at an incredible low, two of the longest serving players have jumped ship one with bad blood left between fans and club. The manager dived out the door, more players are threatening to strike in their determination to get out. If you were a top player and Southampton offered you a contract at this point and told you they were ambitious and wanted Europe would you shake on it? I'd be thinking there is something seriously wrong behind the scenes.

I think I'd wait and see what happens maybe re-consider it in January, of course as we all know if we don't get signatures by then, we will be ****ed.

I'd jump at the chance. You get well paid, well looked after, top facilities, and you improve so much you might get to play for your country in the World Cup, and when that's over you move on to a club that pays you more money and you play in the CL.

It's pretty easy to say "I'm not coming back" when he's not actually due back for a couple of weeks yet anyway. Let's see what happens when he's actually supposed to return and when his actions would start to cost him money.

Bit rosy.

I would so love to watch one of these scumbags have to rot in the reserves. Yeah we miss out on some cash, but it would start to shift the balance of power back to the clubs and away from the greedy players and agents that are destroying the game.

Football needs to change, this is getting ridiculous.

It's bizarre isn't it that after the crap he had a Lyon, one good season in England and he's acting like this. You'd think at some point these players might consider the factors that contributed to their recent good fortune...

Maybe he got crap at Lyon because he acted like an arse there too. Just a thought.

If there is any truth in this rumour at all, it is long overdue that a club makes a stand on a matter of principle, otherwise it will become endemic. I do not know whether there is a clause in his contract that stipulates that an offer of £20 million or more could trigger his release if he desired it and what the legal implications are regarding our choice to refuse it, or to choose the club we sell to. If we are compelled to sell him for £20 million, can we then p*ss on him by selling him to a club of our choice rather than his? What are the legal implications then? If we have to sell him and we have a say in where he goes, it ought not to be to either Liverpool or Spurs, although there would be some schadenfreude in him being reunited with Pochettino, as I suspect that he will be unable to get them into CL football and will be gone before the season ends.

If no clause exists regarding the trigger fee, then we should do as we have with Lallana and Shaw, set an exorbitant fee and hope that the price will put off his suitors. If we get an ultimatum from him that he will go on strike, we should let him rot in the reserves. He might engineer a move at some stage, but it would be nice to think that other potential buyers in the future will avoid him as a troublemaker. If it is at all practical, we should also refuse to do business with his agent in future, as I suspect that he will have been the one responsible for putting the idea into Lovren's head.

If he does indeed intend to strike to force his departure, then it will be a disappointment from the point of view that his career at Lyon was a bit in the doldrums and he was not popular with his colleagues as I understand it. We have played a significant part in his rehabilitation and it would be a bit of a kick in the balls to have him pay us back in this way.

Maybe he got crap at Lyon because he acted like an arse there too. Just a thought.

Not really (and I know that) It was about Aulas trying to use young players all of the time to make more money on transfers by having them in the public eye so to speak. I've seen what happened at Lyon and is still happening, that's one of the resons why I am particularly concerned by SFC just now.

I would so love to watch one of these scumbags have to rot in the reserves. Yeah we miss out on some cash, but it would start to shift the balance of power back to the clubs and away from the greedy players and agents that are destroying the game.

Football needs to change, this is getting ridiculous.

Couldnt agree more. Livepool did well to stand up to Suarez and I hope we do the same to Lovren if this is true. Fine him and let him train with the kids until he man's up and behaves like a professional.

It's pretty easy to say "I'm not coming back" when he's not actually due back for a couple of weeks yet anyway. Let's see what happens when he's actually supposed to return and when his actions would start to cost him money.

But would it cost him money, isn't the maximum any one can fine 2 weeks wages?

If he breaches his contract, I presume by not turning up to training he is doing just that, are we legally allowed to not pay him?