Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

Teams are not built on chucking a load of new players together with a week to go to the new season

Worked for me on the Reck... Jumpers down for goal posts and take turns at picking players. (Kind of like the NFL really). We never had a week to 'gel'...

Teams are not built on chucking a load of new players together with a week to go to the new season

Come off it that is a bit of a stretch. We are bedding in four new recruits, some have been here longer than others, and the fringe lads have been around the first team for a while and each other for many years.

All is not perfect but we're not Blackpool ....

No but we've had 2 months to buy players already - no need to leave it until the last ******* minute. Still short of 2 CBs / GK / Forward

Breaking news over here: Steaua's central defender Florin Gardos has been sold to @SouthamptonFC...

Just a day or two ago @hagibest & @Chisteaua were raving about Florin Gardos. Per reports in Romania, he's been sold to #SaintsFC now!

From Sam Tighe, who writes for Bleacher Report. Anyone know anything about him? Hidden gem or panic buy?

Breaking news over here: Steaua's central defender Florin Gardos has been sold to @SouthamptonFC...

Just a day or two ago @hagibest & @Chisteaua were raving about Florin Gardos. Per reports in Romania, he's been sold to #SaintsFC now!

From Sam Tighe, who writes for Bleacher Report. Anyone know anything about him? Hidden gem or panic buy?

http://www.sportnews.ro/ultima-ora-bomba-florin-gardos-fost-vandut-steaua-batut-palma-cu-un-club-din-anglia-cat-va-incasa-campioana-romaniei-55795.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHZFeTj2VoE

Edited by Beckenham Saint

As a general observation, and so not specifically aimed in any way at saint_ed, I really do wish that when statements such as this are made, the 'fact' is backed up with 'evidence' to allow others to take an informed position.

Way too often I see fact/FACT/FACT shouting at me but with nothing to show as to why I should accept said 'fact'.

A simple it's a 'fact', because.... is all that's needed

IMHO of course.

Fair enough, I know its fact because I know a member of the Cardiff City board personally. That's a much information as I can share with you for obvious reasons.

One for the opening game then.

Not sure he could do it twice in a game and get away with it.

Was supposed to be moving to Moscow for 7m euros according to their press. Hes six foot five along with Pelle at same height and Forster at 6' 7 Isgrove is going to have a real complex.

Edited by buctootim

There had been rumours that Liverpool were watching him. Maybe this is part of his strategy to get to Anfield?

Could be instead of Rojo as K Billy hinted?

That's what I was thinking... did the medical just in case another target fell through (may have been Rojo or Vlaar or Van Dijk?), and it fell through, so he's coming.

Would be interesting to hear if that was true, and if so which target we're missing out on.

That's what I was thinking... did the medical just in case another target fell through (may have been Rojo or Vlaar or Van Dijk?), and it fell through, so he's coming.

Would be interesting to hear if that was true, and if so which target we're missing out on.

Would be Rojo you would think.

Well he wasn't in the Romanian side I watched trounce Hungary last September in Bucharest, so I can't claim to have watched him play.

Seems like a positive signing though?

If true it certainly suggests we really are/were looking at players without any wind of it getting out to the press.

Interesting.

Interesting...

Once got a 10 game ban for a leg breaking tackle.

Romanian Badman called Florin? :lol:

Would hope this doesn't mean an end to the Rojo pursuit though. Rojo/Florin/Yoshi/Fonte as defensive options would actually be decent depth at CB*

*Based on a 2 minute youtube clip of Florin.

I think he's an absolute shoe in for a PL CB, very aggressive, no fear...body on the line sort of player. Very highly rated over there, same sort of level as of Vlad - but more physical so they say. (one of the reasons Vlad struggled a bit)

It does seem very unprofessional and lazy, yet it also seems to happen at most other clubs. As you and several others seem more clued up on the innate laziness of football club staff, I would love some information.

A lot of clubs have done lot of their transfer business already. Also unlike us no other team in the PL have lost 5 first team players. I know its not easy to sign players but as previously sad by others we should have had at least a couple of replacements lined up before we agreed to let all 5 go.