Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

As I posted yesterday, I've heard we're in pole position for Townsend, but have no intention of it being part of any Schneiderlin deal.....yet.

"I've heard" is a wonderfully emotive, self-important three words to utter but everything depends on the reliability of the source from where you have heard your information. It could be your cat or it could be you have an actual source at the club who has loose lips. Forgive me for thinking right now that your info has more likely originated from the former rather than the latter. But even if it is the latter then the fact he is spilling beans to a mate who posts on forums makes me think your source is not reliable. Sorry.

Where is the player we were going to sign that would have all the fan base swooning with ecstasy? The way things are panning out and the way I'm feeling, could believe Robin Williams (R.I.P.) must have been Saints supporter. Gutted. :(

Where is the player we were going to sign that would have all the fan base swooning with ecstasy? The way things are panning out and the way I'm feeling, could believe Robin Williams (R.I.P.) must have been Saints supporter. Gutted. :(

You really are.....well I have no words for it.

Truely unnecessary to write that.

So another day goes by and still no incoming signings but looks like Cork is going for a 2.25M profit and we can get some spurs rejects for Schneirdlin.

Les Reed and Ralph Kruger you are f.....g geniuses.

Now just transfer yourselves out.

No no you can't say that. Despite reports of us stopping after just two more mediocre signings, we have to wait till September One when it is to late to change anything to express any sort of disapproval.

No no you can't say that. Despite reports of us stopping after just two more mediocre signings, we have to wait till September One when it is to late to change anything to express any sort of disapproval.

Don't worry Hypo, the Global Scouting Network continue to scrutinise the 'soccers-sphere' to bring in top quality replacements, (from as far afield as Humberside).

Soldado plus cash for Schneiderlin would be an excellent deal - wouldn't have to sign Shane Long and could use that money on Jordy Clasie instead, would make most on here (myself included) a lot happier...

Have you read this back to yourself? Seriously.

Why would Soldado come here? Clasie has already turned down us and West Ham.

If these are your expectations you will never be satisfied.

Have you read this back to yourself? Seriously.

Why would Soldado come here? Clasie has already turned down us and West Ham.

If these are your expectations you will never be satisfied.

They want rid of him and if he wants to stay in the Prem then no-one who finished above us would take him.

Didn't know about Clasie, just assumed that as he wanted out of Feyenoord and was Koeman's captain he might be gettable.

Those aren't my expectations btw (thought we might get Hernandez but apparently he'd rather warm the bench at a 'top' team) and I'm not dissatisfied with Long per se, only for £12m. Just pie in the sky hypotheticals as I'd seen Spurs want to offload half the players they bought last year...

They want rid of him and if he wants to stay in the Prem then no-one who finished above us would take him.

Didn't know about Clasie, just assumed that as he wanted out of Feyenoord and was Koeman's captain he might be gettable.

Those aren't my expectations btw (thought we might get Hernandez but apparently he'd rather warm the bench at a 'top' team) and I'm not dissatisfied with Long per se, only for £12m. Just pie in the sky hypotheticals as I'd seen Spurs want to offload half the players they bought last year...

You've bought into the arrogance of the PL. We are not the only league and for many, not the most attractive league.

BOTL,

Sorry fella - its not a tragedy. Its not great news - granted. It Disappointing even - but its not a tragedy. No one has died, we are not going out of business. Life goes on and we still have a good team to support and will have new players in in coming days/weeks that will start a new era. That new era may or may not be as good as the last 12 months - but quite frankly compared to where we have been and compared to the plight of other teams we have a lot to be positive about if we take a step back and look at objectively.

At worst we are experienced a "correction" driven by market forces in terms of the shape and size of our club. Its not a tragedy !

You're not the arbiter of what i view as tragedy.Having the majority of our best players sold including Cork with several others chomping on the bit to get out counts for me.

Yes he is.

In the same way you are entitled to your opinion and to express your view, so he is allowed his opinion of your opinion and to express that too!

He IS judging you, we all are, (we can't help it as it's what humans do). But we can stop hiding behind 'but it's my opinion, so there' or 'well it is what I think, whatever' etc. It is childish.

If someone determines that you should not view Jack Corks potential departure as a tragedy then you don't have to listen, but they ARE allowed to determine that (they CAN make that arbitration).

Personally I agree that it would be a tragedy, but can everyone please stop getting so stroppy about protecting 'their own opinion' is if it is somehow sacred!? Cheers.

"I've heard" is a wonderfully emotive, self-important three words to utter but everything depends on the reliability of the source from where you have heard your information. It could be your cat or it could be you have an actual source at the club who has loose lips. Forgive me for thinking right now that your info has more likely originated from the former rather than the latter. But even if it is the latter then the fact he is spilling beans to a mate who posts on forums makes me think your source is not reliable. Sorry.

Jesus....do we have to do this every time. Its come directly from an agent involved and also from a players partner. Ok?

In that case I apologise. I know it's hard to give sources but I had no way of knowing whether it was pub gossip or genuine links.

Its fine, but as a whole its no wonder the number of people who actually post snippets on here is dropping like a stone given the Spanish inquisition they get. People need to accept that some information is true, some not - its down to each individual to work out the likely credibility and take it on face value. This forum would then be a much happier place.

More often than not it is isn't actually possible to provide details of sources unfortunately.

You're not the arbiter of what i view as tragedy. Having the majority of our best players sold including Cork with several others chomping on the bit to get out counts for me.

You really need to get out more mate. A player leaving a football club is not a tragedy. I lost my mother in April, that was a tragedy. If this really does count as a tragedy in your life I pity you.

You really need to get out more mate. A player leaving a football club is not a tragedy. I lost my mother in April, that was a tragedy. If this really does count as a tragedy in your life I pity you.

That's awful.

It really does put all this hot air on here into perspective.

Its fine, but as a whole its no wonder the number of people who actually post snippets on here is dropping like a stone given the Spanish inquisition they get. People need to accept that some information is true, some not - its down to each individual to work out the likely credibility and take it on face value. This forum would then be a much happier place.

More often than not it is isn't actually possible to provide details of sources unfortunately.

I am not knocking your sources, but many posts which claim to be ITK turn out to be a load a tosh so you cant blame people for taking some posts with a pinch of salt.

I am not knocking your sources, but many posts which claim to be ITK turn out to be a load a tosh so you cant blame people for taking some posts with a pinch of salt.

Sure, but its down to them to decide its credibility. Not question the spirit in which people may have posted something.

Don't worry Hypo, the Global Scouting Network continue to scrutinise the 'soccers-sphere' to bring in top quality replacements, (from as far afield as Humberside).

Where did Shearer come from? He didnt do too badly for us. Just because someone comes from some fancy Italian town doesnt make them any better than someone from Humberside.

Sure, but its down to them to decide its credibility. Not question the spirit in which people may have posted something.

I agree but in the current climate people seem to cling to every rumour as if it is gospel. Even if something is true and we are looking at certain players it is often the case that we dont get them for whatever reason. Not having a pop at you by the way!

Where did Shearer come from? He didnt do too badly for us. Just because someone comes from some fancy Italian town doesnt make them any better than someone from Humberside.

You're comparing us taking Alan Shearer on as an apprentice with a £12m signing of a 27 year old established striker. Yeah, that works.