Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

Alex Goring Crook ‏@alex_crook 21m

Couple of transfer lines from the embargoed section of Koeman presser #saintsfc are no longer in for Vlaar and confident Cork will stay.

Great news on the Cork front but wonder why we havent offered him a contract if we want him to stay!? I hope dropping Vlaar interest doesn't mean that's it for CB's but rather we've got our eyes on a slightly younger CB playing for Celtic :)

Great news on the Cork front but wonder why we havent offered him a contract if we want him to stay!? I hope dropping Vlaar interest doesn't mean that's it for CB's but rather we've got our eyes on a slightly younger CB playing for Celtic :)

Or the German CB, Wollscheid perhaps.

Any transfer news lads? To ease the burden of working today.

Not much, apart from Koeman saying yesterday that he wants 1 or 2 more, specifically a wide player.

Links seem to be pointing towards a utility RM/RB from Lazio (Alvaro Gonzalez), not any real concrete wide man links as yet though.

But it looks as if the priority is a winger, and the 2nd signing will probably be more of a bonus or anything - not as urgent, but RB cover.

Not much, apart from Koeman saying yesterday that he wants 1 or 2 more, specifically a wide player.

Links seem to be pointing towards a utility RM/RB from Lazio (Alvaro Gonzalez), not any real concrete wide man links as yet though.

But it looks as if the priority is a winger, and the 2nd signing will probably be more of a bonus or anything - not as urgent, but RB cover.

Really hope we don't get a concrete wide man

My money is on Geoff Cameron from Stoke & Scott Sinclair Man City.

Based on; Cameron- mate who is a stoke fan who knows someone who knows him, so cast iron guarantee that he is coming.

Sinclair - Would be a no risk loan option.

My money is on Geoff Cameron from Stoke & Scott Sinclair Man City.

Based on; Cameron- mate who is a stoke fan who knows someone who knows him, so cast iron guarantee that he is coming.

Sinclair - Would be a no risk loan option.

Cameron would be a decent addition, kills 2 birds with one stone. I'm a fan

Khedira supposedly available for £8m according to the Metro. Don't suppose he'd want to come here but it would be great to beat Arsenal to him.

there is a reason why he has not signed for anyone yet.

he wants around £200k+ a week apparently

not many DM'ers go for those sort of wages....not many players full stop

if we cant keep callum bloody chambers, we wont be getting this fella

Khedira supposedly available for £8m according to the Metro. Don't suppose he'd want to come here but it would be great to beat Arsenal to him.

Only if we pay Cortese to get him in an office and fill his head with Champions League nonsense. Oh and if it doesn't work out, don't worry, you'll be able to leave the club next summer ...

Yeah, because now we've sorted out the dressing room we should bring in someone on £200k a week - that'd help morale...

Koeman confirms no more centre backs will be signed this summer.

Mistake IMO.

Depending upon injuries and suspensions between now and January it might very well be a mistake, but barring those I'm more than happy with Fonte and Gardos with Yoshida as backup. The latter seems to get so much stick despite his role in 2012/13. I think he's more than capable as a squad CB with another youngster (is is Stephens?) developing in the background.

If Koeman is content then so am I!

Koeman confirms no more centre backs will be signed this summer.

Mistake IMO.

I'm not TOO disappointed assuming Gardos comes good but that may mean we're only gonna play 2 CBs, Fonte and Gardos which pleases me given how it worked for United yesterday. I would though like a CB that can play at RB, just as cover for both positions. Maybe the RB from Leeds if that fails. Other than that I can't really think where we desperately need someone. Though obviously a replacement for Boruc/Morgan if they go

'The majority of fans have been brilliant, very supportive'

Must only be here where the majority are bed wetting divs then.

Do you think we have strengthened this summer? I feel we have made a grand show of re-branding treading water as swimming the channel.

Do you think we have strengthened this summer? I feel we have made a grand show of re-branding treading water as swimming the channel.

Our first XI isn't as good, that's understandable as we lost 4 champions league level players but we have more depth. We are rebuilding and will probably finish somewhere between 11th-15th. Next season we'll have a couple more additions and will be back in the top half.

Our first XI isn't as good, that's understandable as we lost 4 champions league level players but we have more depth. We are rebuilding and will probably finish somewhere between 11th-15th. Next season we'll have a couple more additions and will be back in the top half.

The Turkish one a day sensible post amongst the sarcasm! Or is it?

We have more depth at GK and in the centre of the park (the latter where we didn't need it). I don't disagree with the rest of your statement but I don't feel like we have proper depth in the positions we needed it.

Lambert and Osvaldo replaced with Pelle and Long

Lallana replaced with Tadic

Lovren replaced with Gardos

Shaw replaced with Bertran

Taider and Forster in to strengthen with no losses. Chambers not replaced - right back is a very dodgy area for us depth wise as even the backups aren't proper right-backs. I'd say we are only marginally better off. Still two weeks of the window left.

Cameron from Stoke NOT at all likely. He's not at a stage of his career where he would come to be understudy, whether at CB or RB, and as Saint Charlie pointed out Koeman made it clear that signing Gardos had not only ended our interest in Vlaar but had closed off the need for any other CB. Maybe Koeman rates Yoshida as an adequate No.3 CB more than people on this forum do. Although Koeman referred to 'one or two' more players that may just have been a figure of speech. If there is to be just a winger, I wonder if Koeman has given some names to Reed based on his continental knowledge rather than someone from another PL club.

I hope he has seen potential in Stephens because Hooiveld has surely run out of chances now.

Really thought the couple of passengers we have in the squad would be dealt with this summer but they are still there and in all liklihood will make PL starts this season which is scary.

Edited by Saint Charlie

We have more depth at GK and in the centre of the park (the latter where we didn't need it). I don't disagree with the rest of your statement but I don't feel like we have proper depth in the positions we needed it.

Lambert and Osvaldo replaced with Pelle and Long

Lallana replaced with Tadic

Lovren replaced with Gardos

Shaw replaced with Bertran

Taider and Forster in to strengthen with no losses. Chambers not replaced - right back is a very dodgy area for us depth wise as even the backups aren't proper right-backs. I'd say we are only marginally better off. Still two weeks of the window left.

We are still looking at wide players and a right back so by the end of the window hopefully those two will be ticked off depth wise.

You can't really say long has replaced Osvaldo as he hardly featured from November onwards, when Rodriguez is back we will be well placed up front, for a club of our size Pelle, Long and Rodriguez with Gallagher as the young hungry and guaranteed to improve youngster is pretty strong.

Midfield we look strong with a number if options and hopefully Reed will come on this season.

Last season we had no cover for Shaw really either so although Bertrand isn't as good as Shaw, not many are, depth wise we are exactly the same, although arguably Targett might feature more. Same goes for centre back positions, same depth but a bit lower on quality as its a big ask expect Gardos to be as good as Lovren straight away.

I've not see much of Tadic and nothing of gardos so although they both have big boots to fill with the players they have replaced its too early to judge them. From what I've read about Tadic would could have got something of a coup there.

So overall as a squad I would say we are stronger up front, in midfield and in goal, but weaker at the back both In terms of quality and depth.we are however a lot stronger than the squad in our first season up which finished 15th, so talk of relegation is well wide of the mark.

Edited by Turkish