Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

So he either Raps or makes announcements at ceremonies.

What, pray tell, is a DMC or do you mean Defensive Central Midfielder/Central Midfielder??

Apologies Big Bad Bob. You need to go get yourself a copy of Football Manager.

"Central Midfielder" in old lingo.

Pretty sure our summer business is about over. Gutted we never got Ings

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/15082014-ronald-koeman-pre-liverpool-away-1831640.aspx

“We are still looking forward to bring one or two more in – we need one more in the wing position and the club is still working on that.”

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/15082014-ronald-koeman-pre-liverpool-away-1831640.aspx#jVMulOfBI8Q899Bz.99

All this talk of wingers, attacking midfielders and strikers, but not one mention of Gaston Ramirez! Is there some assumption that he is about to be sold or abandoned to the garbage heap? If not then he is surely another option for us - either out wide, up top or just behind the striker(s)?

Pretty sure he's injured (when isn't he?) - would love to see Koeman get the best out of him, it'd be like a new signing!

I guess we all realise the signing of Marcos Rojo by Man U spells another nail in Luke Shaw's dream coffin. He'd better get himself quickly into shape or he's going to find himself on the Zaha scrapheap.

I guess we all realise the signing of Marcos Rojo by Man U spells another nail in Luke Shaw's dream coffin. He'd better get himself quickly into shape or he's going to find himself on the Zaha scrapheap.

Why? Rojo will likely slot in as a LCB and Shaw will play as a left wingback.

Couldn't care less either way.

Edited by shurlock

Just been having a read of the Spurs ITK thread on their forums, they've got a couple of Guan 2.0 and K,Billy types. (Their guy is called Goat, apparently) They are of the belief that the personal terms between Spurs and MS are done 100% and have been sorted for weeks, they just can't get us to accept a bid. (And this happens all the time by the way...)

They are saying that Southampton pulled the rug from underneath the deal as it was all in place 3 weeks ago, we (Southampton) changed the goal posts as we felt we had a point to prove. Morgan's agent is trying to take it to tribunal under a restriction of trade (???? this bit sounds utter bull**** to me). They've suggested that they will either get him in the last hour of deadline day, with Saints claiming they did all they could to keep him, or they'll get him in January. £20m upfront fee is set.

We'll see...

Just been having a read of the Spurs ITK thread on their forums, they've got a couple of Guan 2.0 and K,Billy types. (Their guy is called Goat, apparently) They are of the belief that the personal terms between Spurs and MS are done 100% and have been sorted for weeks, they just can't get us to accept a bid. (And this happens all the time by the way...)

They are saying that Southampton pulled the rug from underneath the deal as it was all in place 3 weeks ago, we (Southampton) changed the goal posts as we felt we had a point to prove. Morgan's agent is trying to take it to tribunal under a restriction of trade (???? this bit sounds utter bull**** to me). They've suggested that they will either get him in the last hour of deadline day, with Saints claiming they did all they could to keep him, or they'll get him in January. £20m upfront fee is set.

We'll see...

isnt that basically what KK Billy said?

that the plug was pulled on the morgan deal for a saving face exercise and not football reasons?

isnt that basically what KK Billy said?

that the plug was pulled on the morgan deal for a saving face exercise and not football reasons?

Can't remember, lost track of everything! But it's probably very close to the truth, they saw the reaction when it broke that Spurs were closing in and decided to pull it. That's what I feel anyway and that's probably why parties are a bit miffed.

Can't remember, lost track of everything! But it's probably very close to the truth, they saw the reaction when it broke that Spurs were closing in and decided to pull it. That's what I feel anyway and that's probably why parties are a bit miffed.

makes you wonder why they never decided to be this tough with a blatant want-away before they did

meanwhile, chambers makes his debut in the champions league. yet he would have been the easiest 'NO' of the lot

Have we ever bought a decent player from Spurs?

makes you wonder why they never decided to be this tough with a blatant want-away before they did

meanwhile, chambers makes his debut in the champions league. yet he would have been the easiest 'NO' of the lot

It's all a bit odd, the Chambers one is clearly the strangest one. Makes me feel that Arsenal hit the release fee on that one though.

Good on the club. We don't need the money, and we don't need to pander to a sulking Frenchman.

It's worth digging our heels in on this, if only to see how it pans out. If we just accept the fact that bigger clubs can take whoever they want whenever they want we might as well give up now.

It's all a bit odd, the Chambers one is clearly the strangest one. Makes me feel that Arsenal hit the release fee on that one though.

there was no release fee. the club would have had it plastered all over the media, if there was. get out of jail card, that

there was no release fee. the club would have had it plastered all over the media, if there was. get out of jail card, that

If you announce Chambers did have a release fee, you also announce that other players do too.

Best thing to do is simply keep stum.

If you announce Chambers did have a release fee, you also announce that other players do too.

Best thing to do is simply keep stum.

The Chambers and Morgan situation are strange to say the least. We were obviously willing to sell Morgan (and I think we would still like to) if the anticipated fan backlash wasn't so strong, I have no idea what the hell has been going on at our club this summer. We've replaced well but who the hell thought such wholesale changes were a good idea in the first place? More to the point can we expect this every transfer window if clubs meet our fair prices or will the board realise you simply can't sell everyone no matter how good the offers.

'Another nail in Luke Shaw's coffin?' He's going to be a fantastic player for them for a very long time.

Correct, clearly no release fee.

Will always look at Chambers sale as a Koeman call. I think the manager decided that for a right back in a position he was already strong, the money was plenty and he didn't want to go to war over Calum Chambers. So he took the money.

Agents will talk, as i assume Chambers agent did.

However the club dont need to further advertise foolish release clauses that perhaps Cortese agreed?

Why, Walt J? If it is in the club's interest to publicise one release clause, it would have been in its interests to publicise all them - would have shown them to be even more sympathetic prisoners of circumstance.

Of course, it doesnt explain why Lovren and Lallana had to throw a strop to get their moves; nor does it explain the negotiations that took place. If a release clause existed, it would have been impossible for us to hold out for a higher fee, as was claimed we did with the Lallana and Shaw deals.

The club made its position clear: it would have been an 'insane risk' to keep wantaway players. Need to look no further that for a motive or rationale.

Why, Walt J? If it is in the club's interest to publicise one release clause, it would have been in its interests to publicise all them - would have shown them to be even more sympathetic prisoners of circumstance.

Of course, it doesnt explain why Lovren and Lallana had to throw a strop to get their moves; nor does it explain the negotiations that took place. If a release clause existed, it would have been impossible for us to hold out for a higher fee, as was claimed we did with the Lallana and Shaw deals.

The club made its position clear: it would have been an 'insane risk' to keep wantaway players. Need to look no further that for a motive or rationale.

I dont think or claim that all players had release clauses, that would have been stupid of Cortese.

However i dont rule out one or two.

Is it completely infeasible that when Chambers signed last summer (aged 18 ) that his parents didnt insist on a top 4 club release clause? Perhaps it was a condition that he himself insisted on? I wouldnt rule it out.

Players talk and maybe (just maybe) one got it into the contract and then others wanted similar? Would be prudent for the club to keep quiet if so?