Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

We are still looking at wide players and a right back so by the end of the window hopefully those two will be ticked off depth wise.

You can't really say long has replaced Osvaldo as he hardly featured from November onwards, when Rodriguez is back we will be well placed up front, for a club of our size Pelle, Long and Rodriguez with Gallagher as the young hungry and guaranteed to improve youngster is pretty strong.

Midfield we look strong with a number if options and hopefully Reed will come on this season.

Last season we had no cover for Shaw really either so although Bertrand isn't as good as Shaw, not many are, depth wise we are exactly the same, although arguably Targett might feature more. Same goes for centre back positions, same depth but a bit lower on quality as its a big ask expect Gardos to be as good as Lovren straight away.

I've not see much of Tadic and nothing of gardos so although they both have big boots to fill with the players they have replaced its too early to judge them. From what I've read about Tadic would could have got something of a coup there.

So overall as a squad I would say we are stronger up front, in midfield and in goal, but weaker at the back both In terms of qualify and depth.we are however a lot stronger than the squad in our first season up which finished 15th, so talk of relegation is well wide of the mark.

Yeah fair points I agree with them all. To be fair I haven't seen much of us this pre-season so I do not know exactly how we'll play or how the balance of the squad is shaping up. We have good quality in the squad the only unknown is how quickly things will gel - the new Manager and all the new players. There may be a period where we underwhelm but over the course of the season I don't see us being threatened by relegation but there may be periods of the season where we look closer to it than we really are.

Next summer will be interesting - if we've only blown half of what we've received this season.

Koeman confirms no more centre backs will be signed this summer.

Mistake IMO. We clearly needed another one even if Lovren had stayed.

Where has he said that ? I only recall "1 or possibly 2" and reference to wing or wide player (can't recall which phrase he used) but nothing specific about CB.

As you say this is a mistake, as we I feel we need another better option at CB, injury or suspension will see us exposed in this area.

We can only really judge the strength of the team at the end if the transfer window.

At the moment the squad is no stronger than last season - and possibly weaker - we haven't really added any strength in depth despite saying we would. And we have replaced great players with players who are unproven in the premier league.

We certainly don't have two good players for each position. And if Pelle and Tadic don't come good and score 30-40 goals between then we will be in real trouble.

There is still a good chance Rodriguez and Schneiderlin will leave - and possibly Cork too. To me it looks as though Taider was bought in to replace Morgan and Long to replace JayRod.

So by the end of the window I think we'll end up with a weaker and cheaper squad than last season.

As it is right now we need another striker, a right winger, another right back and a centre back.

We can only really judge the strength of the team at the end if the transfer window.

As it is right now we need another striker, a right winger, another right back and a centre back.

.. and possibly a back up GK if Boluc throws his toys out the pram as suggested on the other thread and demands a move.

At the moment the squad is no stronger than last season - and possibly weaker - we haven't really added any strength in depth despite saying we would. And we have replaced great players with players who are unproven in the premier league.

We certainly don't have two good players for each position. And if Pelle and Tadic don't come good and score 30-40 goals between then we will be in real trouble.

There is still a good chance Rodriguez and Schneiderlin will leave - and possibly Cork too. To me it looks as though Taider was bought in to replace Morgan and Long to replace JayRod.

So by the end of the window I think we'll end up with a weaker and cheaper squad than last season.

Where have you plucked this figure from? Lallana and lambert scored 24 goals between them in all competitors (22 in the league) last season, why are we going to go from 8th to 'big trouble' if their replacements don't score loads more?

I may be clutching at straws, but I don't think Rodriguez would have been so prominent in the marching on video if there was chance of him leaving.

Where have you plucked this figure from? Lallana and lambert scored 24 goals between them in all competitors (22 in the league) last season, why are we going to go from 8th to 'big trouble' if their replacements don't score loads more?

Exactly. We will hardly be in real trouble if they don't score that many....typical stat that's just been plucked out of thin air by someone trying to be negative.

Where has he said that ? I only recall "1 or possibly 2" and reference to wing or wide player (can't recall which phrase he used) but nothing specific about CB.

As you say this is a mistake, as we I feel we need another better option at CB, injury or suspension will see us exposed in this area.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/11414036.Koeman__No_more_centre_back_signings/?ref=mac

Maybe I should have added Long to that equation - but we are going to need to score 40 goals plus this season - and our top scorers last season were Lallana, Rodriguez and Lambert and at the moment none of them are playing for Saints.

Anyway 2 x 12 = 24 and 2 x 15= 30 so not out of thin air. And as I said I think Rodriguez will be off meaning we need another 15 goals from somewhere at the moment it looks like it has to be Tadic and Pelle.

Long might get us 10 over the course of the season if we're lucky. But after the Bompey, Bayer Leverkusen and today's game at Liverpool I'm not convinced by Pelle. I know he needs time to find his feet but I didn't see anything from him to build on.

I hope we sign another striker / forward / winger who can score goals as we are going to need one

Maybe I should have added Long to that equation - but we are going to need to score 40 goals plus this season - and our top scorers last season were Lallana, Rodriguez and Lambert and at the moment none of them are playing for Saints.

Anyway 2 x 12 = 24 and 2 x 15= 30 so not out of thin air. And as I said I think Rodriguez will be off meaning we need another 15 goals from somewhere at the moment it looks like it has to be Tadic and Pelle.

Long might get us 10 over the course of the season if we're lucky. But after the Bompey, Bayer Leverkusen and today's game at Liverpool I'm not convinced by Pelle. I know he needs time to find his feet but I didn't see anything from him to build on.

I hope we sign another striker / forward / winger who can score goals as we are going to need one

Tadic, pelle, long and Rodriguez will get over 30 goals between them this season.

Tadic, pelle, long and Rodriguez will get over 30 goals between them this season.

1 winger/AM and I CB that can play right back would be nice. Micah Richards for the latter, completely overlooked by City today despite starting with Clichy at right back.

Not that I'd be adverse to him, but seems weird so many managers have overlooked him and there hasn't been a huge deal of interest from elsewhere over the years. Possibly something in that (not suggesting I know anything to say there is)?

Maybe he is just there to be the 'quota'.

1 winger/AM and I CB that can play right back would be nice. Micah Richards for the latter, completely overlooked by City today despite starting with Clichy at right back.

Not that I'd be adverse to him, but seems weird so many managers have overlooked him and there hasn't been a huge deal of interest from elsewhere over the years. Possibly something in that (not suggesting I know anything to say there is)?

Maybe he is just there to be the 'quota'.