Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

It isn't if you want to finish lower down. I want to maintain a challenge on 8th or above, and therefore I think PL experience is vital. We weren't challenging for 8th in our first season back were we?

Well if you want to maintain a challenge for 8th or above I suggest you stop supporting saints. Won't be happening this season.

It isn't if you want to finish lower down. I want to maintain a challenge on 8th or above, and therefore I think PL experience is vital. We weren't challenging for 8th in our first season back were we?

The important thing is quality. Sure previous PL experience is an indication of that quality and an indicator of how a player might perform - but its far from being the only indicator. The German WC winning team with very little PL expericne would perform better than Hull presumably.

Well if you want to maintain a challenge for 8th or above I suggest you stop supporting saints. Won't be happening this season.

My glass is half full old boy. Surprised your's hasn't over flowed yet what with the amount of crying into it that you have done. But we'll see, although I think 10th is more likely.

The important thing is quality. Sure previous PL experience is an indication of that quality and an indicator of how a player might perform - but its far from being the only indicator. The German WC winning team with very little PL expericne would perform better than Hull presumably.

Of course, but I am referring to the level of player that we can afford. I am not sure that we are going to drop £30m on a player and offer him £100k pw wages, so that excludes most of the German squad even if they were tempted here which of course they wouldn't.

I hope your Townsend news is true; I quite like him as a player!

I have no time for him whatsoever, he's an easily-defended stepover merchant with no end product who runs in Jenas-esque straight lines. Shepherd him to the corner flag and get out of the way when he tries to bounce the ball off you for a corner. Or force him inside and let him shoot, you'll be fine 95% of the time.

Then again, he may well be a better option than Isgrove at the moment.

I have no time for him whatsoever, he's an easily-defended stepover merchant with no end product who runs in Jenas-esque straight lines. Shepherd him to the corner flag and get out of the way when he tries to bounce the ball off you for a corner. Or force him inside and let him shoot, you'll be fine 95% of the time.

Couldn't disagree more.

This!

This. Obviously better than Isgrove but no tactical nous what so ever. Which is why Poch will ship him out.

Couldn't disagree more.

As I said earlier in this thread (I think), he has no end product whatsoever. He hasn't been sent out on loan 9 times by accident. Any defender with any pace and who is willing to stay on their feet would love coming up against Townsend. He's exciting for fans when watching because he runs so fast and directly, but he also runs mindlessly. Apart from that, he brings nothing to the team. He's not a great crosser and he takes about 10 shots to find the target.

As I said earlier in this thread (I think), he has no end product whatsoever. He hasn't been sent out on loan 9 times by accident. Any defender with any pace and who is willing to stay on their feet would love coming up against Townsend. He's exciting for fans when watching because he runs so fast and directly, but he also runs mindlessly. Apart from that, he brings nothing to the team. He's not a great crosser and he takes about 10 shots to find the target.

Good post Becks mind by Christmas it might be too late?

Ronald Koeman is after three years Feyenoord embarked on a new adventure at Southampton. In Heroes he looks back on the players with whom he worked in Rotterdam and

who shone at the World Championships in Brazil.

http://heldenonline.nl/rubrieken/uit-helden/koeman-ik-zou-vlaar-graag-bij-southampton-hebben

No, it's just a translation of that article that goneawol posted.

Koeman just seems to be very direct and honest when asked questions - he was being interviewed about players he rates so it doesn't necessarily follow we are looking to sign him.

Lambert saying that he doesn't know if Vlaar will still be at Villa after Sept 1st but he is a good professional preparing for Sat game.

The Villa fans are raging on Twitter. They want Koeman fined haha. In fairness, given what we have had to experience from Liverpool and Spurs this season, I have sympathy for them.

But we haven't put a bid in for him nor seem interested in him. Koeman just said "Ik zou hem er bij Southampton graag bij hebben..."

Doesn't mean anything, if he said "I'd love to have Messi at Southampton..." would that be tapping Messi up, FFS

But we haven't put a bid in for him nor seem interested in him. Koeman just said "Ik zou hem er bij Southampton graag bij hebben..."

Doesn't mean anything, if he said "I'd love to have Messi at Southampton..." would that be tapping Messi up, FFS

Yes but given what's gone before he should have realised how the press will jump onto it. Clearly there is firm interest there.

Yes but given what's gone before he should have realised how the press will jump onto it. Clearly there is firm interest there.

We don't know what was said after the ..., the Dutch press only printed that bit, it could have been :-

"I'd love to have him at Southampton but he is not one of our targets and we haven't put a bid in for him" we just don't know..

Taken very much out of context. I guess this is why previous regimes never used to talk about transfer speculation.

The Villa fans are raging on Twitter. They want Koeman fined haha. In fairness, given what we have had to experience from Liverpool and Spurs this season, I have sympathy for them.

They should stop crying.

I have some, but there's no point stressing about it. We all know it happens, every level, every club. If we get angry about it, deep down we know it's hypocritical. Should be different, but it isn't.

I mean come on, with all the agents, managers, owners being in touch all the time, there will always be informal chats.

Absolutely. Not stressing in the slightest, just commenting on some responses from Villa fans.

Looks quality against international opposition.

Looks quality against international opposition.

I agree with you Mr Garrett I would like to see him or possibly that guy from Brighton here I notice another of our ex Players who played in a similar position has just joined Nottm Forest

So hang on, sporting have to pay 75% of any rejected bids ? Jesus christ why would you ever agree to that ?

I'm interested to know why the interest in Byram cooled down. Perhaps the asking fee just didn't make a purchase economically viable for the club, or maybe they'd rather wait till next transfer window? A lack of dedicated and adequate support for right back does leave us somewhat exposed.

It reminds me of last year when we bid for the Spanish right back Jesus Gamez but decided against it because of Chambers... Only this year we don't have a Chambers!

Echo Journalist reckons we are probably done. Possibly a winger but more likely than not we are done.

Mail just posted that we're after a second central defender Phillip WOLLSCHEID

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2725140/Philipp-Wollscheid-Southampton-radar-Ronald-Koeman-looks-replace-Dejan-Lovren-Bayer-Leverkusen-star.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

If we did get Vlaar we'd be playing a 3-5-2 and a pretty decent one at that with depth

If we played 3-5-2 we´re still one CB injury away from Yoshida/Hooiveld....

And why haven´t we practiced that at all in preseason games if that was an option...?

Good good good. For me this is the most important summer signing we can get. Premier League experience, a leader, a Dutchman, another Centre Back (I welcome Gardos but we need x2 in my opinion). And, he's good and this would be a statement of intent by the club.

Slightly more ruthlessly, taking Vlaar may commit Villa to the Championship. That's one less relegation place we need to worry about as a bottom half team this season.

Vlaar - get Vlaar Koeman!

Good good good. For me this is the most important summer signing we can get. Premier League experience, a leader, a Dutchman, another Centre Back (I welcome Gardos but we need x2 in my opinion). And, he's good and this would be a statement of intent by the club.

Slightly more ruthlessly, taking Vlaar may commit Villa to the Championship. That's one less relegation place we need to worry about as a bottom half team this season.

Vlaar - get Vlaar Koeman!

So you dont think the club have already provided a statement of intent brining in the two Koeman's, Sammy Lee and a number of (not cheap) players???