Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

Cork. Yoshida is terrible at fullback

Yoshida was terrible at left back, but he wasn't so bad on the right. Neither he nor Cork are much good there though!

He is however a perfectly competent centre back., much better than many on here are giving him credit for. I wouldn't want to rely on him as our first choice for a whole season ,but he's a good standard for a premier league 'reserve'.

Yoshida was terrible at left back, but he wasn't so bad on the right. Neither he nor Cork are much good there though!

He is however a perfectly competent centre back., much better than many on here are giving him credit for. I wouldn't want to rely on him as our first choice for a whole season ,but he's a good standard for a premier league 'reserve'.

Yoshida plays himself into form, he's been poor coming in and out of the team so I can have some sympathy for him in that respect. However, he definitely gets mugged off by strikers far too often and was turned inside out at the World Cup too many times. I don't know how much he cost us - he's done a job and he hasn't been a bad signing but no-one seems bothered he is out of contract at the end of the season, do they? I imagine he and Hooiveld will move on come next summer.

We will not be able to afford Gyan, no chance. And at least with Long, we've got a player who has done it in the PL. Gyan hasn't really, bit of a flop all being told.

???

Scored more goals in a single season than Long has ever done, even though he played through injury - (remember him up at Stamford Bridge - was unplayable). If that makes him a flop, dread what it makes Long.

Would have him in a heartbeat if he wasn't such a money-grabbing ****.

Not convinced by the reported Long deal.

Always rated Asamoah Gyan.

3 years ago I might have agreed with you. After a stint chasing the money in the middle east I cannot see him being the right fit. His goal rate is still rather impressive though, 81 in 65 appearances for Al Ain.

3 years ago I might have agreed with you. After a stint chasing the money in the middle east I cannot see him being the right fit. His goal rate is still rather impressive though, 81 in 65 appearances for Al Ain.

Maybe's he's earned enough money and would like to have another crack at the Premier League (he said, wishfully thinking)

Maybe's he's earned enough money and would like to have another crack at the Premier League (he said, wishfully thinking)

I like your wishful thinking. A very good player who could play up top, behind the striker or wide right. Again I would imagine he is beyond our financial reach both in terms of fee and wages.

Unless of course he has some sort of agreement with Al Ain to release him for a set fee and he is prepared to drop his wages to have another crack at the premier league.

Very unlikely mind!

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&tl=en&u=http://sport.ilmessaggero.it/calcio/serie_a/lazio-amp-egrave-il-momento-di-vendere-amp-8203-serve-il-tesoretto-per-il-difensore/844704.shtml&usg=ALkJrhj0oiqqZoLhWqDXDEqbG_tXcYkgbA

According to Il Messaggero, we have shown strong interest in Alvaro Gonzalez in recent days (Lazio RM, also capable of playing CM and played RB at the WC for Uruguay) and are willing to pay 5m Euros.

Edited by Bewildered

Ings and Vlaar should now be our primary targets in my opinion. Why? Vlaars a leader, great Centre Back, respects Koeman and best of all? It will help send Villa and Burnley down if they lose their best players.

Ruthless. But this season has to be about survival and then kicking on with a long term contract for Koeman.

Ings and Vlaar should now be our primary targets in my opinion. Why? Vlaars a leader, great Centre Back, respects Koeman and best of all? It will help send Villa and Burnley down if they lose their best players.

Ruthless. But this season has to be about survival and then kicking on with a long term contract for Koeman.

I assume both are no-go's, hence the Gardos & Long moves.

I have thought about this tactical signing of players but not sure we will do it.

You obviously don't know Gordon, I would tend to believe what he writes as being true at the time. Things do change of course. If he says the Byram deal is no longer on then I for one believe him.

sadly Im not in with these wizened hacks and has been players like yourself.

Guys, my Gyan comment is purely my personal preference it's not a hint or anything I've heard.

The price of being ITK.

Around transfer window time you are not allowed to have an opinion. If you do people on here pull it apart like trying to complete the times cryptic clue crossword. Not just you but he other two also. Does make me chortle to be honest

saying positive start is essential.

kind set of fixtures at the start, need to take points

Liverpool game will be fascinating

bad feeling towards lallana and lovren

if koeman gets these players gelling straight away, there could easily be an upset

(responding to the fact saints will never break into the top selection of clubs)

impossible. unless the club spend £300m+

aim for this season should be on consolidation

fans are FULLY behind RK.

anywhere between 9-14th would be a good season all things considering

saying positive start is essential.

kind set of fixtures at the start, need to take points

Liverpool game will be fascinating

bad feeling towards lallana and lovren

if koeman gets these players gelling straight away, there could easily be an upset

(responding to the fact saints will never break into the top selection of clubs)

impossible. unless the club spend £300m+

aim for this season should be on consolidation

fans are FULLY behind RK.

anywhere between 9-14th would be a good season all things considering

That's all pretty sensible and fair to be honest.

"Sky Sports understands several Premier League and Championship clubs are tracking Dundee United star Stuart Armstrong. The likes of Southampton, Burnley and Wigan are all keeping tabs on the Scotland Under 21 international captain."

Well repped and seems like a decent fit. Being Dundee Utd imagine the price would be realistic too. If Gauld went for £3 mil plus add ons Armstrong won't be too different I would guess.

"Sky Sports understands several Premier League and Championship clubs are tracking Dundee United star Stuart Armstrong. The likes of Southampton, Burnley and Wigan are all keeping tabs on the Scotland Under 21 international captain."

Well repped and seems like a decent fit. Being Dundee Utd imagine the price would be realistic too. If Gauld went for £3 mil plus add ons Armstrong won't be too different I would guess.

Just what we need, another central midfielder.