Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

FFS - I am really ****ing confused. Like ^ I thought he was offered a free. If £5m, then good but I doubt it. As I can't affect it and I have my own finances to concern myself over, I don't think I'll take any notice of how much we buy/sell players for. I'll just turn up and support the team.

Also, some perspective has helped me...

"@FourthOfficial_: Billy Sharp having a medical with Leeds tomorrow, fee agreed of around £5million #LUFC #SaintsFC"

If we get £5m in for Sharp and spend £12m on Long, that's not too bad a deal I reckon.

£5 million? WTF? That cannot be right surely?

NSzc3GFp_normal.pngFourth Official @FourthOfficial_ · 10m

Billy Sharp having a medical with Leeds tomorrow, fee agreed of around £500k #LUFC #SaintsFC

NSzc3GFp_normal.pngFourth Official @FourthOfficial_ · 11m

I meant to type 500k for Billy Sharp #nightmare

Out of interest, who do the Irish think should be picked for them ahead of Long?

Robbie Keane

Kevin Doyle

Conor Sammon

Anthony Stokes

Simon Cox

Kevin Doyle

From "top of mind" as it were, sure there are more - not saying I necessarily agree, as I am not an expert on Irish football (or soccer as they like to call it :-)). Just that I live in Ireland and of course we discuss footy (my comprise description with the locals!).

Perhaps my initial comment on SL was a tad harsh, but getting excited about signing a "workman" type forward at £12M is going to get some time to get used to, particularly when it costs me circa £300 a game all told to attend one home game!

NSzc3GFp_normal.pngFourth Official @FourthOfficial_ · 10m

Billy Sharp having a medical with Leeds tomorrow, fee agreed of around £500k #LUFC #SaintsFC

NSzc3GFp_normal.pngFourth Official @FourthOfficial_ · 11m

I meant to type 500k for Billy Sharp #nightmare

Ha! Big difference. £1.5 million has been quoted on one Leeds forum too but £500k sounds more likely. Still better than a free. I wonder if it's a sweetener for pushing the Byram deal through.

If the Irish fans want Conor Sammon picked ahead of Shane Long for the national team, that's more of a reflection on their sanity than anything else I think!

My last post for 24 hrs, but do you want a wager for who gets most Irish caps between CS and SL? Might have to wait a few years, but I am up for it! Can just make it a fun thing and not serious if you like? Remember Ireland are (rightly) building for the long term future and taking short term pain (investment) for longer term gain, whilst England always think we were "unlucky" and will win the next competition - which we will not, unless we adopt a long term plan / strategy.

Still, good to have a good debate rather than the usual insults on here - enjoy the season!

Robbie Keane

Kevin Doyle

Conor Sammon

Anthony Stokes

Simon Cox

Kevin Doyle

From "top of mind" as it were, sure there are more - not saying I necessarily agree, as I am not an expert on Irish football (or soccer as they like to call it :-)). Just that I live in Ireland and of course we discuss footy (my comprise description with the locals!).

Perhaps my initial comment on SL was a tad harsh, but getting excited about signing a "workman" type forward at £12M is going to get some time to get used to, particularly when it costs me circa £300 a game all told to attend one home game!

Blimey, I wouldn't have any of those strikers over Long

Robbie Keane

Kevin Doyle

Conor Sammon

Anthony Stokes

Simon Cox

Kevin Doyle

Bloody hell, I'm not Long's biggest fan but he is better than all of those. By some distance in most cases.

Decent player, could see him doing well for us. Would seem Hull have pulled our pants down a bit on the price though, not that we should complain after our business this Summer.

Silly question, but why would Hull sell him. ? They are still in European Competition ( Europa )

Plus of course, they would tend to struggle more than us this season IMHO

Edited by SaintRichmond
Add Text

Silly question, but why would Hull sell him. ? They are still in European Competition ( Europa )

If reported correctly, a £12m deal may be the reason.

Taking advantage of the situation. It would appear that Long wants out, his family are unsettled in the North. If they can make a tidy profit on him after only six months and reinvest it in another forward then makes sense.

Didnt I read that he was unsettled family wise? Good bit of business for Hull, shipping out a striker who is unhappy off the pitch and tucking us up a bit on the price.

If reported correctly, a £12m deal may be the reason.

Hull paid £7.5m for Long in Jan. You'd understand they'd want to make 30% profit if they did sell? That would make £10m

Given weve sold 5 players for zillions, you can understand why they'd then want another 20%?

Robbie Keane

Kevin Doyle

Conor Sammon

Anthony Stokes

Simon Cox

Kevin Doyle

I take it you just laugh at them when they make these suggestions?

With this possible transfer deal being so left of field it kind of makes this thread redundant. How about we start a 'Who knows who the F**k we're gonna sign next?' thread?

Les is currently on page 9 of our "Summer 2014 Transfer Targets" list so you could be on to something there!

Should be £3M when he reaches 10 caps for Saints! Don't think he will get that many - he is utter tosh. I live in Ireland and no one can believe he gets in to the Irish team, never mind play for a PL team. You employ a striker to score goals - simple! Not to be a fast donkey!

How people can be happy from talk of potentially challenging for top 4 (or even the tittle) to being happy at getting SL - let alone at £12M in less than 6 months is totally beyond me - did I just wake from a coma for the last 5 years??

I've been chatting with my many Irish cousins (unfortunately Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool fans) on Facebook and they all think that Long is a good player and will do well for us. I think the only downside to the transfer is the inflated fee, but does it really matter to us as fans anyway?

I've been chatting with my many Irish cousins (unfortunately Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool fans) on Facebook and they all think that Long is a good player and will do well for us. I think the only downside to the transfer is the inflated fee, but does it really matter to us as fans anyway?

Agreed, its just supply and demand. We need a striker, they dont need to sell. Same process as for our sales; player wants to leave, club dont really want or need to sell him, so only agree if they get a "fair price" plus at least 25% more

Ha ha, that's a bit more like it unfortunately.

Hope this goes through. Despite Leeds being in a funny state it may be a decent move for Sharp (who is, despite questions over footballing ability, without doubt a top bloke) as I imagine he will get a lot of game time and it is close to his Sheffield roots.

From our point of view hopefully it means they may be more willing to deal with us for Byram. Would love him as a signing. A similar player to Chambers and ticks the young English box!

Hope this goes through. Despite Leeds being in a funny state it may be a decent move for Sharp (who is, despite questions over footballing ability, without doubt a top bloke) as I imagine he will get a lot of game time and it is close to his Sheffield roots.

From our point of view hopefully it means they may be more willing to deal with us for Byram. Would love him as a signing. A similar player to Chambers and ticks the young English box!

I think the Echo have just reported that the Byram deal looks definitely off, they seem quite certain.

I think the Echo have just reported that the Byram deal looks definitely off, they seem quite certain.

I'm still really annoyed about selling chambers dirt cheap. I'd be happy with Kelly from Liverpool now but looks like Palace are getting him. If Byram is now off the table, scared what dross we will be after.

Not great news but could be media posturing. We leak we are no longer interested (perhaps suggesting other targets) to get Leeds to drop the price.

Or, simply, the Echo may be wrong. I hope!

Echo seem to believe we'll be providing cover for Clyne from within the squad, let's hope Clyne stays fit...!

Sounds to me as if Long and Florin will be it for us, going by what Gordon Simpson is saying. We may keep monitoring to see if a wide player becomes available....but from what he is suggesting, Florin will be our last major signing along with long.

Echo seem to believe we'll be providing cover for Clyne from within the squad, let's hope Clyne stays fit...!

Sounds to me as if Long and Florin will be it for us, going by what Gordon Simpson is saying. We may keep monitoring to see if a wide player becomes available....but from what he is suggesting, Florin will be our last major signing along with long.

If that is the case (may not be but if it is), what an utterly terrible summer we have had. The management team should ashamed and Ralf "judge us on September 1" Kruger should resign.

We do have Stephens and McCarthy in the development squad who can both deputise at right back. If Koeman thinks they are good enough I would always rather see one of our own come through. Only difference for me is I have seen a fair bit more of Byram than the other two.

The Echo normally has its finger on the post so it must be true..............................

You obviously don't know Gordon, I would tend to believe what he writes as being true at the time. Things do change of course. If he says the Byram deal is no longer on then I for one believe him.

That would be a massively underwhelming transfer market from us.