Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

Welcome in board the Barge Steve if this is true

I'm surprised at the amount of negative comments in here though .

He score a few goals for Ireland as well and scored in the 1 - 1 draw against England

If he becomes a saint he has my total support , I would like Ings as well . As I rate Ings

Not a bad player at all, but certainly not anywhere near the same quality that we've let go this summer. And at 12m it makes our board look right fools.

We've sold excellent players and replacing them with alright ones. Booooo

Still, welcome Shane it's not your fault Les Reed is a nutjob! Handy squad player (on a free or minimal fee)

Not a bad player at all, but certainly not anywhere near the same quality that we've let go this summer. And at 12m it makes our board look right fools.

We've sold excellent players and replacing them with alright ones. Booooo

Still, welcome Shane it's not your fault Les Reed is a nutjob! Handy squad player (on a free or minimal fee)

This. The problem being of course that if we are stupid enough to spend £12m on him we'll have to bloody start him in the hope that Scousehampton will continue their policy of overpaying for Saints players next Summer...

Welcome in board the Barge Steve if this is true

I'm surprised at the amount of negative comments in here though .

He score a few goals for Ireland as well and scored in the 1 - 1 draw against England

If he becomes a saint he has my total support , I would like Ings as well . As I rate Ings

Who is Steve and why are you welcoming him into your barge?

Are we going to spend £12m and not play him?

Pelle on the bench?

I like how you were crying about us not spending the money that we've gathered from player sales this summer, and as soon as a relatively large sum is about to be spent on a player you're questioning whether it's right to be spending that amount on someone who's not a guaranteed starter. Plus, I highly doubt he will cost £12m, probably more like £9-10m.

Win over with a scoring rate of a goal every 4 games or so and cost nearly as much as Chambers? Set the world alight at Hull (or not as the case may be). Hopefully he will be a success but not a very inspiring summer and Reed is looking a bit foolish saying we had top players from across Europe interested in playing for us.

Ireland is in Europe.

I'd be more than a bit underwhelmed by Shane Long if we signed him to be honest - and a bit horrified if we paid anywhere near £10 million for him.

He may have pace and be a workhorse but that's about it. Anyway why would he leave Hull - an upwardly mobile club playing Europa League football and a club that have actually won something for us - a club with no real ambition and a team very much on the down and set for a relegation battle.

Whatever the truth may be that is how it looks to the rest of the football world right now.

How about Fabio Borini, Danny Ings, Luc Castaignos, John Guidettii or Jeremain Lens instead? Any two of those would do me right now.

I hope our board have learnt the lesson - don't sell before you buy - but I would guess they have as they are trying to buy before they sell Rodriguez and Schneiderlin at the end of the transfer window.

I think they also might have learnt there is no point in chasing players like Hernandez or Rojo when you've already sold players like Shaw, Lambert, Lallana, Lovren and Chambers - it doesn't show any ambition and players like that want big clubs and/or champions league football - or Europa at least.

I have to ask what has happened to our scouting network Les Reed was so proud off - and our much vaunted Director of Football / Technical Director set up? Surely we should have had a whole list of great young players we were going to bring in to replace those who have departed. It looks a little bit like we are in panic mode and without much idea of what we are doing. It should really have mattered who the manager was - we should have had our transfer targets sorted - and our succession plans in place.

The sooner FK sells up and the joke board of LR RK and the others with her the better. Really don't care if we end up back in the 3rd tier as long as those losers are gone.

Sure there are 'better' forwards out there for 12m but and certainly players with a better scoring ratio but I doubt we're interested in him just to score goals. We're probably interested in him for certain attributes he possesses and he'll probably be our workhorse for Pelle (different type, but the role Ormerod played for Beattie), a role a lot of these 'better' players can't play.

I think 12m is overpriced but until we know the structure of the deal we can't judge if it is good business.

If Long does join I for one will be delighted. I mentioned on here a couple of times last season that Long looked a great fit for us and I was disappointed to see him join Hull.

Great pace, great touch, superb engine and excellent vision. Oh he can finish too. What's not to like?

If Long does join I for one will be delighted. I mentioned on here a couple of times last season that Long looked a great fit for us and I was disappointed to see him join Hull.

Great pace, great touch, superb engine and excellent vision. Oh he can finish too. What's not to like?

The fee...

Sale on at Tottenham! Who would you take?

Hotspur Related ‏@HotspurRelated 9m

Telegraph claim Townsend, Lennon, Soldado, Dawson, Ekotto, Naughton, Chiriches, Sandro, Capoue, Chadli and Dembele are all up for sale.

Lennon maybe? Chiriches? Dembele?

Sale on at Tottenham! Who would you take?

Lennon maybe? Chiriches? Dembele?

Some good players there, can't see them off-loading more than half of them as we're this far into the transfer window. Chiriches would be good for us, can't see us going for any of them though.

Why would anyone want Soldado? He'll go back to Spain where his game is suited. From all I saw of him last year, he is not a premier league striker and is certinly not a '1 up top' striker. He would be £15-20m, and I reckon Shane Long has more chance of scoring more than him.

Chiriches would be one I'd look at, maybe Dembele - but we're already over crowded there.

There is another Dawson at WBA just sayin

Quality player too. I was surprised to see Burnley had offered 3m for Dawson. If we double that he would still represent good value.

Dembele is a silky player, still has so much potential.

Dembele would be a partial sweetener, I think, if any deal saw Morgan head the other way. (Not looking forward to that Bitter Pill at all).

Why would anyone want Soldado? He'll go back to Spain where his game is suited. From all I saw of him last year, he is not a premier league striker and is certinly not a '1 up top' striker. He would be £15-20m, and I reckon Shane Long has more chance of scoring more than him.

Chiriches would be one I'd look at, maybe Dembele - but we're already over crowded there.

Yeah, think you're right about Soldado actually. Chiriches I'm not sure I've ever seen him play... is he any good? Or just hype?

Ok the thing is buying players like ramirez osvaldo tadic abroad for these types of fees there is a chance they can come here and be world class, with long we just know we are getting a bog standard bottom half of the premiership player.and hes 27 not much potential in this deal really is there ?

Actually, its 11 goals. From 47 caps. A lot of them off the bench.

Should be £3M when he reaches 10 caps for Saints! Don't think he will get that many - he is utter tosh. I live in Ireland and no one can believe he gets in to the Irish team, never mind play for a PL team. You employ a striker to score goals - simple! Not to be a fast donkey!

How people can be happy from talk of potentially challenging for top 4 (or even the tittle) to being happy at getting SL - let alone at £12M in less than 6 months is totally beyond me - did I just wake from a coma for the last 5 years??

Should be £3M when he reaches 10 caps for Saints! Don't think he will get that many - he is utter tosh. I live in Ireland and no one can believe he gets in to the Irish team, never mind play for a PL team. You employ a striker to score goals - simple! Not to be a fast donkey!

How people can be happy from talk of potentially challenging for top 4 (or even the tittle) to being happy at getting SL - let alone at £12M in less than 6 months is totally beyond me - did I just wake from a coma for the last 5 years??

Out of interest, who do the Irish think should be picked for them ahead of Long?

In a vain attempt to get over my dejection on the Shane Long deal, here's some positive news about a player who's actually good and will get better in the future...

"@FourthOfficial_: Southampton will make a new and much improved offer for Leeds' Sam Byram in an attempt to land him before the weekend #SaintsFC #LUFC"