Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

Fair enough but we desparately need another CB in my opinion, unless they have high hopes for Jack Stephens. Patience well and truely done with Hooiveld whilst another quality wide player would be great.

Very disappointing if true. Cannot say that we have strengthened from last season in any way.

Not a bad effort if those two are the last ones

You would expect another in jan. Where ever we appear very weak within the squad

Which right now, appear to be a wide player. But we will see in a few months

Agreed... With the caveat that we do not let Boruc, Schneiderlin or Rodrigues go until January at the earliest, when we can replace again, I'm reasonably chuffed. Cut out the deadwood that didn't want to be here and got some decent replacements in for 2/3 the price leaving a fair amount more for salaries,strengthening later or some promising youngsters for the academy/development projects.

At least we should be sustainable which is more than most clubs can say and was Marcus's watchword for the club.

Still think we will go for a winger and Byram or a bit of RB cover. We'll do a deadline deal or two.

In which case would make me slightly happier. Whilst I disagree with some of the signings, at least we will have then attempted to get a bit more squad depth and Ralph could feasibly argue that he was telling the truth.

Can't say i'd be impressed by that. Wasting a huge sum on a mediocre attacker in long and no right back replacement.

Don't know enough about Gardos to know if he's the of the same quality as Lovren/Killer, which is what he needs to be.

Fair enough but we desparately need another CB in my opinion, unless they have high hopes for Jack Stephens. Patience well and truely done with Hooiveld whilst another quality wide player would be great.

I don't know if Jack Stephens is ready to play regularly in the Prem, but the club will want him to have a pathway to the team. I think we'll see him fight it out with Jobs for the number four CB in the squad.

We were saying that at the start of last season though, then Chambers came good. What's to say Jack Stephens or Jason Mccarthy won't step up in a similar way?

It could happen but we should hardly be relying on them to immediately step up. Think decision to flog Chambers is going to haunt Saints and not having brought in anyone else who can play there is a very dangerous gamble on top of that. I'd happily take Kelly from Liverpool now.

After bringing in so much cash and having such clear weaknesses last season it would be a shame to start the season with only one genuine winger in Isgrove, one proper right back and only three proper centre backs (Hooiveld has proven himself inept now).

So actually all of our previous weaknesses from last season will remain (depending on if Boruc stays or not.)

So actually all of our previous weaknesses from last season will remain (depending on if Boruc stays or not.)

If Boruc stays we have sorted GK. If he doesnt we need another no 2 keeper IMO.

CB is worse than last year, as would be right back.

Out wide worse than our first year in the PL. Puncheon would start every game now.

CB is really no worse off than it was at this time last year, if we're honest. No one knew how Lovren was going to turn out then, and the same can be said of Florin now - could turn out to be as valuable.

I forget the Bertrand price could be £10m. He is going to have a VERY good season to make us pay that.

Well, not really. A decent season here would make him a seasoned, proven, Premier League young English left back and ten million is your asking price.

Out wide worse than our first year in the PL. Puncheon would start every game now.

I expect Boruc to go in Jan as i doubt he'll sit around quietly. We'll probably muddle through with Davis.

CB is really no worse off than it was at this time last year, if we're honest. No one knew how Lovren was going to turn out then, and the same can be said of Florin now - could turn out to be as valuable.

Unless Gardos is equal to Lovren then we are worse off than last season as no other personnel has changed at CB.

Chances are he won't be as good as

Lovren which is no disgrace. But doesnt alter the fact that our CB will collectively be worse.

I still think we'll have one or more Spurs players coming our way as part of a deadline day deal involving Schneiderlin.

I still think we'll have one or more Spurs players coming our way as part of a deadline day deal involving Schneiderlin.

As I posted yesterday, I've heard we're in pole position for Townsend, but have no intention of it being part of any Schneiderlin deal.....yet.

If we did I would look for Holtby.

Apart from the fact they desperately want Morgan they also have to significantly trim their swollen squad.

Townsend, Lennon, Soldado, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto, Naughton, Chiriches, Sandro, Capoue, Chadli and Dembele all up for sale by north London club

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/11029566/Tottenham-Hotspur-open-to-offers-for-11-players-in-desperate-attempt-to-cut-squad.html

Apart from the fact they desperately want Morgan they also have to significantly trim their swollen squad.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/11029566/Tottenham-Hotspur-open-to-offers-for-11-players-in-desperate-attempt-to-cut-squad.html

Right then

Ill take lennon or townsend, dembele and naughton.

Then we only need another cb