Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

I think with the time that is left we will sign at least one more.

I think one more CB, possibly another striker and a winger. We still have Loadsa Money! :)

BBCs Krueger Judgement Day table seems to indicate we could easily secure 2-3 more and have some change....

How the Saints moved on from their summer exodus (estimated transfer fees)

OUTS INS

Rickie Lambert £4m Grazing Pelle £9m

Adam Lallana £25m Dusan Tadic £10.9m

Luke Shaw £27m Ryan Bertrand (loan - £10m option to buy)

Dejan Lovren £20m Florin Gardos £7m

Calum Chambers £16m Saphir Taider (loan - £7m option to buy)

Dani Osvaldo(loan - £5.6m)Shane Long £12m

Billy Sharp Nominal Fraser Forster £10m

£97.6m in / £65.9m out = £37m still to go!!!!!!!! LOADSA MONEY, ;)

We could also be adding Schneiderlin, Boruc and Cork transfer fees to this pile too.

Edited by SaintRobbie

So you dont think the club have already provided a statement of intent brining in the two Koeman's, Sammy Lee and a number of (not cheap) players???

We are still not in the top 8 for spending in the PL this summer.... But we're getting there SOG ;)

I think we are nearly there, but not yet.

We're not struggling to get a team out. We have a hell of a lot of options, just the problem of many new faces. WBA have the problem of a very poor squad, a poor managerial appointment and fans convinced they'll go down.

Really hoping we can take them apart first home game.

I am not expecting too much against Liverpool but yes, this is a game it would be good to win big in.

Who would u rather have on loan, Scott Sinclair or Serge Gnarby?

Scott Sinclair on the basis that to help him rediscover his talent and form we can provide him with the incentive of a more permanent stay. It seems that's never going to happen with Gnabry who might be better short term, but is very unlikely to stay past one season.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/14/southampton-sign-shane-long-hull

The Guardian are suggesting that we're interested in Townsend, with the possibility of JRod going the other way (as a condition of the deal).

Pochettino confirmed today that Townsend is not leaving and he is part of his plans. Pochettino also showed respect for Saints by once again refusing to speak about Schneiderlin.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2724899/Mauricio-Pochettino-refuses-drawn-speculation-surrounding-Tottenham-target-Morgan-Schneiderlin.html

Pochettino confirmed today that Townsend is not leaving and he is part of his plans. Pochettino also showed respect for Saints by once again refusing to speak about Schneiderlin.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2724899/Mauricio-Pochettino-refuses-drawn-speculation-surrounding-Tottenham-target-Morgan-Schneiderlin.html

The chivalrous Pochettino prefers to disrupt players behind closed doors.

I think one more CB, possibly another striker and a winger. We still have Loadsa Money! :)

BBCs Krueger Judgement Day table seems to indicate we could easily secure 2-3 more and have some change....

How the Saints moved on from their summer exodus (estimated transfer fees)

OUTS INS

Rickie Lambert £4m Grazing Pelle £9m

Adam Lallana £25m Dusan Tadic £10.9m

Luke Shaw £27m Ryan Bertrand (loan - £10m option to buy)

Dejan Lovren £20m Florin Gardos £7m

Calum Chambers £16m Saphir Taider (loan - £7m option to buy)

Dani Osvaldo(loan - £5.6m)Shane Long £12m

Billy Sharp Nominal Fraser Forster £10m

£97.6m in / £65.9m out = £37m still to go!!!!!!!! LOADSA MONEY, ;)

We could also be adding Schneiderlin, Boruc and Cork transfer fees to this pile too.

All these Exodus lists continually fail to mention the departure of Guly. We are still down one net on what was a very small squad.

All these Exodus lists continually fail to mention the departure of Guly. We are still down one net on what was a very small squad.

Well that depends on how many youngsters are lifted up to the first team squad...?

Dont remember but were Gallagher, Isgrove, Reed for example with the first team squad at the start of last season?

You actually have no knowledge of how he handled it, only what was said in public after the event. What happened in private before that no-one ,except AB and RK, knows about.

Ha, do you think footballers live in a hermetically sealed world where nothing said in the public domain affects their mood/morale? Only have to look at Morgan's reaction to Krueger's talkSPORT/Sky Sports interviews for that. I can only judge personally on what was said in public, but compared to say Pellegrini's handling of the Hart/Cabellero situation, I thought Koeman could have done more to foster genuine competition between our two goalkeepers.

Morgan's reaction followed a meeting he had with his agent and the club. Not what was said in the media.

He tweeted to gain maximum public exposure after our Chairman had publicly stated he was not for sale. Difficult to believe he would have tweeted after a private meeting as what currency would the tweet have otherwise? No one would know what the fudge he was on about. The timing was deliberate and follows a tactic used by the likes of Lovren and Shaw - albeit to a lesser extent, with his tweets about Williams/Dodds sacking after he had already told the club he wanted to leave - to use social media to put pressure on the club.

Edited by Toon Saint

I think we possibly have our utility player on his way?

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/southampton-getting-closer-to-serie-a-transfer

can play RM, RB, WB or CM. A friend to make Gaston feel at home too!

Sounds good and can cover a number of roles so that would be rb sorted. Another cb and possibly a winger and I will be happier.

I think we possibly have our utility player on his way?

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/southampton-getting-closer-to-serie-a-transfer

can play RM, RB, WB or CM. A friend to make Gaston feel at home too!

Is that a reliable source? Just seems to be a cobbled together article based on random bits of speculation. Would be a good signing though.

Is that a reliable source? Just seems to be a cobbled together article based on random bits of speculation. Would be a good signing though.

Not quite sure where they've got it from, but I seem to remember that site being one of the leading sites on updates to the ill-fated Rojo deal. (dodged a massive bullet fwiw, Man Utd are now in Portgual trying to divert it from becoming a legal row! what a mess)

That's utterly irrelevant in this instance as most peoples opinions are that there isn't much between the two keepers in terms of ability. Forget age, price tags etc. There was always a huge difference in ability between Yoshida and Lovren.
So what? Either it's "disrespectful" or it's not.

I was SO proud of our English core last season...

Me too! However, it is clearly not all the club's fault. The way in which these players chased a top six transfer all summer has tempered my disappointment. Hopefully the next crop of youngsters will prove me wrong but I doubt it. Interesting that we are linked with young players from Leeds and Brighton - obviously looking to take English talent ourselves from a little higher up the food chain.

He tweeted to gain maximum public exposure after our Chairman had publicly stated he was not for sale. Difficult to believe he would have tweeted after a private meeting as what currency would the tweet have otherwise? No one would know what the fudge he was on about. The timing was deliberate and follows a tactic used by the likes of Lovren and Shaw - albeit to a lesser extent, with his tweets about Williams/Dodds sacking after he had already told the club he wanted to leave - to use social media to put pressure on the club.

The tweet would have caused enough exposure whether it followed Kruegers media chats or not. As the tweet detailed "an hour" then I'm more inclined to believe that relates to the meeting length. I say inclined as in all honesty neither of us actually know fo sure.

Back to rumours - http://talksport.com/football/reports-southampton-weighing-move-celtic-star-140815107921

Nice to see that maybe our work hasn't been done as of yet.

The original article..

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/europa/southampton-duello-con-l-amburgo-per-virgil-van-dijk-583928

Translation...

Southampton, duel with Hamburg for Virgil van Dijk

The Southampton follows from time Virgil van Dijk, Dutch defender class '91 in force at Celtic Glasgow. The English club, however, must be careful to competition dell'Amburgo, looking for reinforcements for the department back.

Back to rumours - http://talksport.com/football/reports-southampton-weighing-move-celtic-star-140815107921

Nice to see that maybe our work hasn't been done as of yet.

One more good cb and I think we can be quite happy with ourselves. VVD fits the bill for me. Strong in the air and can play out from the back.

We still might fancy a winger and, possibly, a RB but we do have options from the development squad and do not necessarily need to enter the market unless the right player becomes available for the right place (ie we can do good deals on the likes of Byram or Solly).

So CB options are looking like Vlaar, VVD and Wollscheid. Vlaar would be good tactically as it would seriously hurt Villa but he is getting on in age (29). Wolls might be good as a loan + option to buy and at 24 a good age. Don't know much about him or VVD, who is 23.

Good to see we may potentially be after another centre back. My choice would be VVD or Vlaar (mainly because I don't know anything about Wollscheid).

As Angelman says not only would it weaken Villa, it would add some much needed leadership to the squad.

So CB options are looking like Vlaar, VVD and Wollscheid. Vlaar would be good tactically as it would seriously hurt Villa but he is getting on in age (29). Wolls might be good as a loan + option to buy and at 24 a good age. Don't know much about him or VVD, who is 23.

Wollscheid has a couple of German caps I think. Worth a punt on a loan with option to buy deal you would think.

Wollscheid has a couple of German caps I think. Worth a punt on a loan with option to buy deal you would think.

Depends if we see Stephens or whoever making a step up on occasion.

I suspect though the Wollscheid rumours may be recycled from last week before we bought Gardos (who is also a 6'4" CB), so our interest may have cooled. VVD, who I understand is more of a cultured ball playing CB may however still be an option as he perhaps offers something different or extra to what we already have.

According to the link, Sports witness got it from La Republica, an Italian nerws paper, here is their source (which does not name any club as interested but says Gonzalez did not train yesterday and is officially given leave for "family reasons":

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&tl=en&u=http://roma.repubblica.it/sport/2014/08/14/news/lazio_stankovic_si_propone_pronto_per_la_serie_a_gonzalez_in_premier-93732309/&usg=ALkJrhiXVRxfk3gtfr9zuz8qNbLmidasSQ

Lotito wants to first understand whether there are possibilities to arrive at a name with more appeal. It would be easier to get to - in the case - with some disposal: very close to Gonzalez in the Premier League. The Uruguayan midfielder yesterday did not participate in training, officially on leave for family reasons: expected news soon.

In addition to that, it was was also mentioned in Il Messaggero here, with a fee of 5m euros mentioned

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://sport.ilmessaggero.it/calcio/serie_a/lazio-amp-egrave-il-momento-di-vendere-amp-8203-serve-il-tesoretto-per-il-difensore/844704.shtml&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dil%2Bmessaggero%2Bgonzalez%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3Dsld%26sa%3DX%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26channel%3Dsb%26biw%3D1536%26bih%3D690%26tbs%3Dqdr:w

Something different for Gonzalez. In recent days there has been in some of these clubs and what seems to have more serious intentions is Southampton who would be willing to pay € 5 million to make sure the Uruguayan. Lotito I would like one more. On the midfielder would also informed Turin, Parma and Fiorentina, Lazio but hopes to close with the British.