Defectors Watch

adrian lord

I wish we were playing Liverpool next week, they are a total mess of a football team.

Just look at that third goal, 3 players going for the same ball and none of them getting it. They are leaderless, rudderless and clueless in defensive situations. Lovren has made that setup oh so much worse. He's horrendus, he'll be shipped off in the summer for a cut price fee back to Russia or somewhere.

Their defence wasn't great last year, but it's now a joke.

£25m for a player to warm the bench could make sense if Rogers is saving his star player for Saturday's home game against Hull. Given Arsenal's struggle at home to Hull, perhaps he's decided to protect Lallana for the domestic competition. It's Rickie I feel sorry for as his dream was to play for Liverpool, not just have a good seat from which to watch their games but if he was still at Southampton, he'd be struggling for playing time here as well. If keeping Rickie would have meant not signing Pelle, then Rickie did us a great favour which at the time, few people would have realised. Certainly, I didn't want him to go, or Lallana, but now I'm grateful to both of them for leaving.

I can see why Lambert wanted it ......I just don't understand why Liverpool wanted Lambert

He wanted to go there because they are his boyhood club. They wanted him because he was one of our main players, and they saw us as direct rivals. Its ended up with Southampton's goal machine playing the role of 6 foot 3 bench warmer.

I'm actually slightly gutted for him. He isn't the sharpest tool in the box, probably believed all the b*llocks he was fed by his agent and rodgers.

How has Liverpool cemented a reputation as being one of these mystical grounds in world football? You'll hear more noise at a conference game.

Probably the worst ground in the country for atmosphere now. But that PA system does play You'll Never Walk Alone loudly before kick off