Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Chambers playing for Arsenal again tonight. I must say Chambers has got a lot more game time with Arsenal than I thought he would. Along with Lovern they seem to be the two players getting regular game time after their moves.

Lovren is only getting games as he is all they have, both he and the Liverpool deffence in general are garbage at the minute! Chamber I think would have seen more bench time but for the gunners injury problems!

im glad liverpool are struggling.

not only because of the players they got off of us, but the sheer over the top, love-in with rogers during the summer.

and how Balotelli is talked about as world class and liverpool were 'inspired' getting him and how brendon was going to be the man to unlock his world class talent

im glad liverpool are struggling.

not only because of the players they got off of us, but the sheer over the top, love-in with rogers during the summer.

and how Balotelli is talked about as world class and liverpool were 'inspired' getting him and how brendon was going to be the man to unlock his world class talent

Yea, Rodgers is utterly detestable. Smug, tiny, creepy.

According to the Liverpool loving talksport. This is all part of the rebuilding process at anfield that started 2 years ago.

Brendan roger is too intelligent to not get it spot on this season

Of course, the perception is that it takes time for players to gel, and it's only to be expected that teams with a big influx of new players will struggle initially.

Oh,....wait a minute.

The former players who peddle this line as part of the campaign to protect the emperor's new clothes-style mystique of professionalism in football must hate Koeman as he has blown the myth of players needing time to gel and settle, out of the water.

Why would the likes of Lallana, Lambert and Lovren, who have spent at least a season playing in the Premier League, need time to settle in at another Premier League club?

What have Liverpool done to Ricky?? It really does look like he's gone backwards.

They seem to think that he will be an 'impact' sub which clearly he is not!

As a team player he adds a lot but without a regular place in the team I doubt whether he'll show his true worth !!

What have Liverpool done to Ricky?? It really does look like he's gone backwards.

How can a player be on the (admittedly limited) pace when Rodgers is playing him in exactly the same way that Hodgson does with a few minutes at the end of each match? Much as I like SRL he must have known that taking the Liverpool Shilling was probably going to cause his top flight career to wane away.

The worse thing about Liverpool's sh it form is we played them a couple of weeks to early I reckon if we played them now we'd win.

We deserved to win when we played them, tbf. That was a classic smash and grab for them, typical scousers.

Given him no game time. Rickie needs to play week in week out no game time means he just puts on weight and loses his touch. We had the PL Lambert Liverpool have now got the Stockport county Lambert.........

Given him no game time. Rickie needs to play week in week out no game time means he just puts on weight and loses his touch. We had the PL Lambert Liverpool have now got the Stockport county Lambert.........

Spot on, if Rogers is such a clever bugger you would have thought he would know Rickie needs game time regularly. Any Saints supporter who has ever seen Rickie play knows he takes time to find his best form. He won't get it there and will ultimately be written off as a flop. Shame, he deserves better.

I think Liverpool fans assessment of ex saints (reading their forums) is spot on.

Lambert they really want to succeed but without game time he struggles with fitness. They can see that and feel for him as I suspect most of us do.

Lallana showing that he is a skilful player but returning from injury so they are trying not to expose him too much. My fear is that he is a bit selfish. He got away with that at southampton but Liverpool fans (and players) will be less forgiving.

Lovren they loved in his first couple of games but starting to question whether he is good enough now. Surprisingly they are even starting to question whether he was that good with us. Lovren himself seems to losing a bit of confidence as he is failing to cement the centre back partnership in the way he did at southampton

According to the Liverpool loving talksport. This is all part of the rebuilding process at anfield that started 2 years ago.

Brendan roger is too intelligent to not get it spot on this season

Isn't this the same rebuilding that started in 1991 or so when Souness took over and f**ked up "King Kenny's" team?? They've been rebuilding since then ...

Sod him, he basically gave up his career for a paid season ticket as a liverpool fan :-D

I think Lallana looks class and will do well there, if he stays injury free. It helps that he is more skillful than those around him and can playing a role where others fit around him like he did for us last season. Lovren - don't really give a **** about and hope he fails. Doing a good job at that. Rickie, well I hope he got a nice fat contract. As they say on RAWK, not sure why signed if only going to be given 5 minutes a game. Would rather him than Balotelli.

Apparently Stevie G thinks his team mates aren't up for it

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard questioned his team-mates' desire and determination after their 1-0 Champions League away defeat against Basel.

"They wanted it more which is very disappointing," he told Sky Sports.

"We didn't deserve anything. We were too soft all over the pitch and conceding again from a set piece isn't good enough "

Brendan is not happy with Liverhampton's Defence

Like his skipper, manager Brendan Rodgers was critical of a defence that also conceded goals from set-pieces in recent league defeats to Aston Villa and West Ham.

"I think set-piece defending is something we continue to talk about, look at and analyse. But you have to do it on the field," he said.

"The key to defending is your first contact with the ball and we continually don't do that enough."

Lambert obviously needs time on the pitch.

whats the chances of them sending Rickie out on loan at the end of this season?

Sadly I think he will either retire at the end of the season or finish his career on loan in the championship, which isn't really the fairy tale ending his story deserved.

Liverpool this season are showing us all how important suarez was to them last season, they are a top 6 side now seemingly captained by a grumpy old campaigner. How talksport or anyone can describe this as part of rebuilding I'm not sure. Rebuilding from what? Finishing second??

We need to be comfortable with the fact that the media (esp ex professional pundits) will always laugh at our ambitions and patronise our "fleeting" successes, whilst continuing to hope that their former clubs capture the form that once made them great (actually that might just be a phil thompson/liverpool thing).

Sadly I think he will either retire at the end of the season or finish his career on loan in the championship, which isn't really the fairy tale ending his story deserved.

Disagree - he has a two year deal, so reckon he will stick it out at LFC and then possibly retire. He of all people should have realised that his "dream come true" wasn't going to turn out to be a dream. I see on RAWK, that amongst the meltdown on there, some are calling for him to start the next game. Brenda has replaced Suarez with Lambert and Balotelli!!!!!! While the further improvement of Sterling helps off set the loss of Suarez, Lambert and Balotelli don't. I still don't quite understand why they signed Lambert in the first place. I think he was as surprised as anyone else. From our perspective, the worst thing about this, is that it was seized upon by the media as part of the exodus and possibly helped sow the seeds of doubt in some at the club.

While they won't admit it, it certainly looks like Liverpool have done a Spurs. Now we got about the same amount of money as both of them, spent just over half of it, and seemingly have come out stronger than when we went in, ie we have not done a Spurs. I realise that LFC had the CL to contend with, but the transfer policy has been really hit or miss and now Brenda is taking it out on the players - Balotelli and Couthino last night. What with the captain also chipping in, I wonder if there is a danger that the dressing room will be lost.

Liverpool were typical top 8 team last season until Suarez came back from suspension. It was all down to him on how well they did, so it is absolutely no surprise that they are doing relatively badly without him. Think they were not expecting Suarez to go and the other players were bought to boost the squad, but once he went they went into panic mode, and had to buy a big name, why Balotelli was purchased and with his temperament it was always going to be a gamble. Still think Rickie was bought to induce the other 2 to chose Liverpool as the club to move too.

Disagree - he has a two year deal, so reckon he will stick it out at LFC and then possibly retire.

While the further improvement of Sterling helps off set the loss of Suarez, Lambert and Balotelli don't. I still don't quite understand why they signed Lambert in the first place. I think he was as surprised as anyone else. From our perspective, the worst thing about this, is that it was seized upon by the media as part of the exodus and possibly helped sow the seeds of doubt in some at the club.

Bait to lure AL in, although it seems he was already determined to be there before the season had even finished.?

Keep Lovren's head company until the rest of him arrived?

Liverpool were typical top 8 team last season until Suarez came back from suspension. It was all down to him on how well they did, so it is absolutely no surprise that they are doing relatively badly without him. Think they were not expecting Suarez to go and the other players were bought to boost the squad, but once he went they went into panic mode, and had to buy a big name, why Balotelli was purchased and with his temperament it was always going to be a gamble. Still think Rickie was bought to induce the other 2 to chose Liverpool as the club to move too.

Not to mention Sturridge, think he's missed their last 5 or 6 games as well. Watched Liverpool a bit last weekend and they seemed to be very wasteful in front of goal. Mignolet isn't the world's greatest keeper either, Reina is probably better actually, don't know what's going on there. Their defence is a bit Jekyll and Hyde as well, Sakho dropped, presumably

because he can't play right side CB. However their biggest problem is Gerrard, once they realise that he's not up to top level any more and dump him they'll probably be OK.