Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Apparently Stevie G thinks his team mates aren't up for it

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard questioned his team-mates' desire and determination after their 1-0 Champions League away defeat against Basel.

"They wanted it more which is very disappointing," he told Sky Sports.

"We didn't deserve anything. We were too soft all over the pitch and conceding again from a set piece isn't good enough "

Brendan is not happy with Liverhampton's Defence

Like his skipper, manager Brendan Rodgers was critical of a defence that also conceded goals from set-pieces in recent league defeats to Aston Villa and West Ham.

"I think set-piece defending is something we continue to talk about, look at and analyse. But you have to do it on the field," he said.

"The key to defending is your first contact with the ball and we continually don't do that enough."

Stevie G tenders his first application for the Liverpool manager's job.

If Brenda was not looking over his shoulder previously, he'd better be now.

There's a Scouser behind him with a big knife, ready to slip it effortlessly between his shoulder blades.

Lambert to ease the cogs for the other two.......hmmm. Not sure.

Firstly they give him the Nº 9 shirt. Apparently players put a lot in this sort of thing, and you don't give the prized shirt to a bit part player. Maybe Brenda thought that he was going to set the world on fire but soon realised that this wasn't going to happen.

Lallana - not sure how many other teams above us were in for him. Certainly by sounds of it, it was only Liverpool. Lovren - well he might be different. On the showing last year, I though Utd would be in for him given that they had gotten rid of their cerntre backs. But it's still curious. It would be a shame if his career fizzles out into nothingness because of his choice to join his boyhoood club. I'm sure he'll get a goal or two, so that is mission complete.

I reckon Lovren will be OK but Lallana and Lambert will be bit part players. Sturridge and Sterling both vastly overrated - look at how poor they are in England shirts for an example. No way Liverpool will finish top 4 with lightweights like Coutinho fluffing around the midfield, and captain Gerrard, 43, still dragging his sorry slow arse around just in front of the back 4. So out of the Champions League and qualification out of sight by Christmas. Rodgers already under massive pressure. Pass the popcorn.

I reckon Lovren will be OK but Lallana and Lambert will be bit part players. Sturridge and Sterling both vastly overrated - look at how poor they are in England shirts for an example. No way Liverpool will finish top 4 with lightweights like Coutinho fluffing around the midfield, and captain Gerrard, 43, still dragging his sorry slow arse around just in front of the back 4. So out of the Champions League and qualification out of sight by Christmas. Rodgers already under massive pressure. Pass the popcorn.

I think what Liverpool certainly and perhaps to some extent Tottenham as well are learning here is that without Saints midfield any player taken from us is just a bit of a spare part.

Our success last season came from our midfield, it's still here and we're still doing well.

I think what Liverpool certainly and perhaps to some extent Tottenham as well are learning here is that without Saints midfield any player taken from us is just a bit of a spare part.

Our success last season came from our midfield, it's still here and we're still doing well.

Interesting...also also as far as we know Poch only wanted Schneiderlin, not any of the others.

Interesting...also also as far as we know Poch only wanted Schneiderlin, not any of the others.

Didn't he, or doesn't he, want JRod? But yes, it certainly didn't go unnoticed that it was mainly MS that he wanted. As for AL, I think he will be a pivotal player at Liverpool rahter than a bit part player. Coutinho is a load of crap, another bullet dodged there, and will replace him. Scoucers seem quite keen on AL. It was a very good deal for us, time will tell how good it was for Pool.

Bait to lure AL in, although it seems he was already determined to be there before the season had even finished.?

Keep Lovren's head company until the rest of him arrived?

I said exactly this at the time. They were buying the pair, one was no use to them without the other. Once Lambert went it was only matter of time before lallana followed.

Liverpool were typical top 8 team last season until Suarez came back from suspension. It was all down to him on how well they did, so it is absolutely no surprise that they are doing relatively badly without him. Think they were not expecting Suarez to go and the other players were bought to boost the squad, but once he went they went into panic mode, and had to buy a big name, why Balotelli was purchased and with his temperament it was always going to be a gamble. Still think Rickie was bought to induce the other 2 to chose Liverpool as the club to move too.

Ermmm no, Liverpool were second when Suarez played his first game last season.

Not only was our midfield the key , but our success was built on a fantastic squad attitude. The feel good feeling where everyone was helping eachother. This in turn made many playsers seem much better than they might actually be. Lambert and Lovren. Jay Rod is another. IMO

Chambers is doing OK.

I think he looks very assured. Did wind me up the other day thought when one commentator, praising him, said that Chambers hadn't fallen into the trap many have when they move to 'a big club'. Grrr. Think it might have been Hoddle speaking, in which case it was laced with ire. He might come back disabled...

Chambers is doing OK.

Yes and I don't begrudge him it to be honest. I know Arse have taken many of our best academy graduates, at the cusp of their maturity, for about decade now, but they and Wenger did it with some class and respect, unlike the grinning jackass Brendon and the Scousers.

Yes and I don't begrudge him it to be honest. I know Arse have taken many of our best academy graduates, at the cusp of their maturity, for about decade now, but they and Wenger did it with some class and respect, unlike the grinning jackass Brendon and the Scousers.

The blow is softened somewhat by the fact that they have mostly stagnated under Arsene. Theo and Ox haven't reached anywhere near where we thought they would (particularly Theo). I wonder how Bale would have got on if Wenger had followed up his reported interest.

"Brendan and the Scousers" sounds like a really shît Beatles cover band....

I don't know, I still think AOC will be one of the best players in the country before long, and Walcott had been playing very well for quite a while before his injury (although I agree, he hasn't lived up to the 'next Henry' tag he was given when he first arrived.)

The blow is softened somewhat by the fact that they have mostly stagnated under Arsene. Theo and Ox haven't reached anywhere near where we thought they would (particularly Theo). I wonder how Bale would have got on if Wenger had followed up his reported interest.

Is it me or do Arsenal seem to always get a lot of injuries both Theo and Oxo seem to have spent a lot of time injured since moving to Arsenal and they always seem to have a long injury list of players.

Is it me or do Arsenal seem to always get a lot of injuries both Theo and Oxo seem to have spent a lot of time injured since moving to Arsenal and they always seem to have a long injury list of players.

When Wenger first arrived, people were taking the **** out of his wacky, foreign 'dance moves' training, but I recall he was later praised for the reduction in injuries. Perhaps he's not hands on enough any more.

Brenda telling the press that Liverpool are in " transition" .

From title challengers back to top 4 challengers?

For a team that was a whisker from winning the league, it is a crime how bad they are doing and how their manager can say that

From title challengers back to top 4 challengers?

For a team that was a whisker from winning the league, it is a crime how bad they are doing and how their manager can say that

It is really, if we're honest there's no need for them to be a team in transition. He's well and truly broken that side, and he's now trying to talk his way out of it.

Also, shouldn't we be in more of a transition than them? I don't see us moaning, Okay, it's early days, but he's struggled to get any sort of level from that setup yet, and he's criminally underusing Rickie Lambert, and demonstrating he doesn't really know his game.

All they needed to do was replace Luis Suarez and Glen Johnson, and maybe a CB at the level of Hummells - Lovren doesn't really upgrade them. Their summer signing policy was nothing other than a mess, but they Scousers will never admit that.

Choice quote from the BBC live feed from somebody on text:

"Adam, Edinburgh: On this evidence, hard to see how Lovren can be worth £20m. Has made more basic errors in possession today than a top class centre back should in a season."