Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Is it coincidence that Mario Balotelli wears p45 on his kit for Liverpool

Because that is what he & the snake oil salesman Rodgers are both heading for

If Lambert wants to come back on a free sure he can sit on our bench & come on to give pelle a rest

Lallana could possibly do the same for tadic

Lovren only if maya gets an injury & wants to be 4th choice cb

I think he will do, in a super-sub role. Maybe next summer

I don't think he can do that. He needs to be playing regularly to maintain his fitness and sharpness. 10 minutes here and there does him no favours

There must be a part of him regretting the move even though they are his team

I don't think he can do that. He needs to be playing regularly to maintain his fitness and sharpness. 10 minutes here and there does him no favours

There must be a part of him regretting the move even though they are his team

He should be playing that role now for them, he's certainly better than Mario Balo-bloody-telli.

Who else wants Liverpool to get utterly fisted.....dry?

Decided at the last minute to go out and watch LFC V RM, on the off chance that SRL might come on and score a CL Goal. Sadly that didn't happen, nor did they get a humiliating trouncing (score wise) but I did get much lolage from ex skate Glen Johnson's **** poor impersonation of a football player #notfittotieclynesbootlaces

What annoys me is that Rickie could have stayed her and been a Saints legend. Instead, he's ended a great career on a total downer. I find that really fustrating! What a waste!

I don't think he was expecting this though, he seemed to be backing himself at the time of the move and at the start of the season. He's never going to make an impact there by getting a few minutes here and there. He must have been thinking he would be more involved but Rodgers doesn't seem to rate him that much at all.

What annoys me is that Rickie could have stayed her and been a Saints legend. Instead, he's ended a great career on a total downer. I find that really fustrating! What a waste!

Not in his opinion. He is playing for the team he supported as a boy, even if he isn't playing all that regularly. I doubt he would change anything given choice.

Late into the conversation on tonight, driving back from Scotland listening to Radio 5, jeez was there some balcox on there. The big bru-ha-ha was Ballotelli swapping shirts at half time with Pepe the guy marking him, now quite honestly I couldn't give 2 figs for the players that left us as compared to what we have replaced them with they are a pile of shiny whatsit. I will add that I begrudge Sir Rickie not, but when the tosspots carrying out the postmortem on Liverpool and the shabby result of tonight, say Rickie has no confidence or experience in CL you think hang on you bell ends here is a bloke who you said would struggle in the Championship err nope, here is a chap who you said will struggle in the Premiership: err I don't think so, here is a man who you said will struggle for England: well the Jocks will disagree and Danny Welbeck never had such great service. So go figure on Champions League.

Some Charlie came out of the Liverpool presser saying Rodgers was blowing sunshine up Lallanas backside for his performance second half, well that's what should happen when you replace a £16m player (and fruit loop) with a £25m player: ya numptie!!

Best line of all out of all the cobblers was last season when Spurs sold Bale for shedloads then spent £100m+ Brendon Rodgers comment to that was if you spend £100m in one transfer window you should be top 4 by rights: stick an exercise book down your trousers Brendon cos that Dog is about to bite you on the @R$e!! (And don't even think of coming shopping in Southampton again)

Tunes were switched on at that point the Tosh was getting so silly!!

(and I drank a glass of very nice Welsh Malt Whisky a little too quickly when I got in after 400 miles before posting: sorry folks)

Not in his opinion. He is playing for the team he supported as a boy, even if he isn't playing all that regularly. I doubt he would change anything given choice.

This is true...but having a lifetime of worship from a great footballing city where he would still be scoring (no doubt he would have scored at least a couple of goals already for Saints this season) and having a stadium sing your name - then compare that to playing for your boyhood club - no goals, limited game time and low confidence from your manager...There's barely playing for your boyhood club and there's scoring goals and stadiums singing your name. I know where I'd rather end my career!

I wish we were playing Liverpool next week, they are a total mess of a football team.

And yet, depressingly, they're only one win and two places below us in the table now. Undeserved win against QPR, and lucky to play us on the first day of the season. They've fluked their way into 13 points and 5th.

Rickie is probably paid more at Liverpool than had he stayed at Southampton, so the money may feel like compensation for not playing but when he retires, he may well look back and realise it was a mistake to end his time as a first choice player as prematurely as he has. As a boy, he used to pay to watch Liverpool and now they pay him to do the same. Can't believe that was the prospect that made him feel really made up.

Rickie is probably paid more at Liverpool than had he stayed at Southampton, so the money may feel like compensation for not playing but when he retires, he may well look back and realise it was a mistake to end his time as a first choice player as prematurely as he has. As a boy, he used to pay to watch Liverpool and now they pay him to do the same. Can't believe that was the prospect that made him feel really made up.

The money aspect really does come into it with Rickie he has had a very short career at the top on real good money and hasn't previously had the chance to make much in signing on fees after big money moves. I bet his transfer this summer and wages at Liverpool have massively boosted his retirement pot meaning him and his get to live a noticeably better life when he hangs up his boots. It's easy to forget he spent most of his career in the lower leagues earning much more modest sums and until he signed for us was probably planning for a career after football which he may no longer need.

Now back to laughing at lovren who really goes look to have fared the worst out of all the leavers this summer anyone want him back?

^ and why can't he get another job after he hangs up his boots? It is this idea that football players at the top have some divine right to earn shït loads in a short playing career so that they never have to get a proper job, that somewhat pïsses me off.

^ and why can't he get another job after he hangs up his boots? It is this idea that football players at the top have some divine right to earn shït loads in a short playing career so that they never have to get a proper job, that somewhat pïsses me off.

I never mentioned divine right and they certainly don't have one but the current market says if you play premier league football for ten years you and yours will be setup for good if your sensible. If someone said to me do a crap job for the next two years and you'll never need to work again I'd sure as hell take it and why shouldn't he just because he rose to the top late? Don't be so silly!

Edited by a1ex2001

Chambers is doing ok still.

Brent Rogers lucked out with Suarez and will never repeat the heights of last season with Liverpool. Sacked by 2016.

In the sense that he's being picked and not a complete disaster. Apart from the cross for the goal last night (which his previous efforts indicate was more luck than skill) I thought he was mediocre at best. And he didn't even reach mediocrity for England.

I would have Nathan (and our CBs) over him any time.

In the sense that he's being picked and not a complete disaster. Apart from the cross for the goal last night (which his previous efforts indicate was more luck than skill) I thought he was mediocre at best. And he didn't even reach mediocrity for England.

I would have Nathan (and our CBs) over him any time.

it doesnt matter. Glen Johnson is fit again. He is a automatic choice for woy

Not a deflector, but a former Saint whose time with the club was jinxed by injury, Paul Murray today was appointed new Hartlepool manager.. Being I believe, an England B player, when we signed him, there were great hopes he'd rescue us from the dire situation under Stuart Gray. Sadly he got injured in his one and only game and never played for us again.

Yet another ex Saint to take the reigns of manager in the Football League.

Not a deflector, but a former Saint whose time with the club was jinxed by injury, Paul Murray today was appointed new Hartlepool manager.. Being I believe, an England B player, when we signed him, there were great hopes he'd rescue us from the dire situation under Stuart Gray. Sadly he got injured in his one and only game and never played for us again.

Yet another ex Saint to take the reigns of manager in the Football League.

Wrong thread, deflectors watch is here http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?t=52145

Mane goal declared own goal.

I'll get my coat.

Chambers is doing ok still.

Brent Rogers lucked out with Suarez and will never repeat the heights of last season with Liverpool. Sacked by 2016.

Suarez mainly but you need to add in the 12 penalities last season and a bit of Sturridge, without any of those things they're basically a pile of ****e. Suarez what 31 goals last season, Sturridge 25, Penalties 12 (of which they scored 10 I think) take all that away and the result is the square root of not a lot.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Suarez mainly but you need to add in the 12 penalities last season and a bit of Sturridge, without any of those things they're basically a pile of ****e. Suarez what 31 goals last season, Sturridge 25, Penalties 12 (of which they scored 10 I think) take all that away and the result is the square root of not a lot.

Of course Suarez was a huge factor in their title challenge last season, an immense player despite being a ****. However, you can take away the goals from top scorers and any pens from any team in the World and conclude they wouldn't have been any good!

They're getting restless..

I think lallana is a problem for the side in general. He does a lot of great things but they're no more productive than Balotelli. He just doesn't have the pace or the guile to be effective the way we play and everything he does, Coutinho can do better.

Does anyone else think Lallana's pace is a problem?