Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Taters: MP tactically naive, and lacking. Not a great CV, questioning why he went to such a "big club". Only one win in the last 7. Did well at Saints but inherited a strong squad.

:lol:

I agree with those comments never really understood why Spurs wanted him

Spurs lose 1 2

Koemann so much better in so many ways so really please MP left

I thought the club should have sacked Pochettino back in March/April when it was clear from the media that he was intending to break his contract. The team was stagnating with points being lost that should not have been and his inability to turn possession football into goals was frustrating. As it turned out, the club saved £2m by letting him break his contract and we are so much better off now, whether it be by luck or judgement. The interviews in English, forced on Pochettino by Tottenham, make his refusal to speak to Saints' fans in our own language now look like an insult. The much talked about exodus, that hardly any of us welcomed, has turned out to be a blessing in disguise and is even described by some as a clearing out of dead wood. Not only quite content with seeing Tottenham lose today as it drops them down the table, but also very pleased for our other ex-manager who left us with a far more positive legacy.

Happy for Pardew. OK, he's a bit of a "Jack the lad" with his potty mouth and chasing women but he was a good manager for us and a good manager for Newcastle up till recently (manager of the year two years ago).

Plus he's made Pochettino look stupid......

Happy for Pardew. OK, he's a bit of a "Jack the lad" with his potty mouth and chasing women but he was a good manager for us and a good manager for Newcastle up till recently (manager of the year two years ago).

Plus he's made Pochettino look stupid......

Battle of two ex saints managers one gave me a day out at Wembley I will never forgot the other gave me eighth in the PL before starting a mass exodus....I know which one I wanted to win.

A Chelsea defeat would give us a slender chance of going top in the future......Why the hell would my brain bother telling me that kind of bullcrap!!?? My heart and my brain are duking it out between themselves for no particular reason as we will most likely finish below both these teams.

It all goes to show what an amazing ride the last few years have been......Loving it!

I didn't realise that Spurs were playing today, until a couple of minutes ago when I was browsing The Guardian website over a cup of tea and saw that they'd lost. Then had a look at the partial league table in a column on the right, and they weren't even there - it only goes down to Hull at number 10... :)

I didn't realise that Spurs were playing today, until a couple of minutes ago when I was browsing The Guardian website over a cup of tea and saw that they'd lost. Then had a look at the partial league table in a column on the right, and they weren't even there - it only goes down to Hull at number 10... :)

Yes, we know...You play football! .......Sorry, i came over all Turkish for a second. ;)

Oooh, Ohio, I had you more down for smut than *****iness!:)

I have a full range that I execute badly on all levels. Show me your tits please. (See? I'm very bad at everything I do) ;)

Seriously though, on topic, I don't care about those guys any more whatsoever....They left, and we have a much better team since they went. What is not to like!? :D

It has been covered elsewhere but the media have still not picked up on the fact that Saints appear to scout players who can take on instructions and have a brain.

Poch will struggle at Spurs with the current players as they do not take on board his instructions. His post match interview rips into their mental approach.

Oh and as we know he has no Plan B !

I see they've sussed out his lack of plan B already:

"Poch has, again consistently, failed to make any tactical change of note. His subsitutions are actually good, but often too late. Further no tactical change ensues. At Southampton he had an unenviable record of never winning a game from a losing position, nothing has changed here."

Really don't care any more about Poch. If he hadn't left we wouldn't now have Koeman. The football that RK is serving up is so much more exciting than Poch's style ever allowed. At the time I thought Poch was going to be a big loss, he did well for us, and instilled a way of playing that was successful, but now you have to wonder whether RK could have achieved more with the same set of players. I still enjoy seeing Poch lose, but its as much about my dislike of Spurs as about him now.

LOL love this one

Anyone notice how some guy from Espanyol ended up as Spurs manager ( sorry coach ) despite never winning **** all, not being able to speak English & never finishing in a Premier League spot above 8th ?

You buy a cheap suit, it might look ok at the start, but it soon loses shape & style and quickly ends up in the Bin.

Imagine Hoddle or Jol with these resources ! Sherwood was 100% better than this clown FACT. And I was not keen on Sherwood. I feel a bit foolish about that tonight :-(

and this one:lol:

You don't get time, you earn it. When you lose to West Brom or get thrashed by City or humble yourself against a poor Newcastle your times up. You want time? You scrap past West Brom, you draw 0-0 at City by parking a bus and you scrap past a poor Newcastle. You don't get your team doing that, your bang in

Edited by doddisalegend

LOL love this one

Anyone notice how some guy from Espanyol ended up as Spurs manager ( sorry coach ) despite never winning **** all, not being able to speak English & never finishing in a Premier League spot above 8th ?

You buy a cheap suit, it might look ok at the start, but it soon loses shape & style and quickly ends up in the Bin.

Imagine Hoddle or Jol with these resources ! Sherwood was 100% better than this clown FACT. And I was not keen on Sherwood. I feel a bit foolish about that tonight :-(

and this one:lol:

You don't get time, you earn it. When you lose to West Brom or get thrashed by City or humble yourself against a poor Newcastle your times up. You want time? You scrap past West Brom, you draw 0-0 at City by parking a bus and you scrap past a poor Newcastle. You don't get your team doing that, your bang in

In the words of pochyjeano "berry, berry good."

Maybe Mauricio Pochettino should come into this thread, as he was the first to desert and started the fall-out in the summer.

After yesterdays' result, I was glad for Pardew, but not one iota's sympathy for the Argentinian. He made his bed, now he might die on it. Signs of the Spuds mindset that I observed on an earlier thread.

They were far more reliant on Bale than they ever knew, and the resulting expediture (7 players) gave them one or two bargains, who are often out of place in a side composed of lazy, overpaid prima-donnas who are used to ignoring managers and leaning on their big contracts.

If Pochettino is to improve this side, he must do better than the midtable placement he has just now, and if we beat them at White Hart Lane in April ......he may not survive until next season.