Defectors Watch

adrian lord

I think Lambert was signed because for £4m and probably not crazy-high wages, he's good value for money as an option from the bench and maybe even a coaching position in the future. I don't think Lambert would have started many games for us this season (I said the same at the end of last season), but as an option off the bench to change things, hold up play and generally give a different approach if needed, he would be great to have around. Same applies to Liverpool. You could see that when he came on against us, he changed things for them and pulled our defenders out of position.

As for Lallana, he needs to learn how to play at Liverpool and with his new team before he'll look any good. 101 step-overs and then losing possession won't achieve much, but I question whether his ego will let him do anything else.

I think Lambert was signed because for £4m and probably not crazy-high wages, he's good value for money as an option from the bench and maybe even a coaching position in the future. I don't think Lambert would have started many games for us this season (I said the same at the end of last season), but as an option off the bench to change things, hold up play and generally give a different approach if needed, he would be great to have around. Same applies to Liverpool. You could see that when he came on against us, he changed things for them and pulled our defenders out of position.

As for Lallana, he needs to learn how to play at Liverpool and with his new team before he'll look any good. 101 step-overs and then losing possession won't achieve much, but I question whether his ego will let him do anything else.

I always thought Lambert was bought to help persuade Lallana to leave - Rickie's was his best mate at Saints by most accounts, and they played so well together, they knew each other's games inside out. £25m for Lallana with another £4m to persuade him to join.

forest 1 up :lol: spurs all possession and no threat ...mmmmm

Does sir mean to say that one of Poch's line-ups is having issues breaking down a supposedly weaker team? Surely this cohesive group of individuals will do the business. There have only been eleven changes since the weekend, after all :)

Does sir mean to say that one of Poch's line-ups is having issues breaking down a supposedly weaker team? Surely this cohesive group of individuals will do the business. There have only been eleven changes since the weekend, after all :)

According to the BBC 66% possession no shots on target .......Poch should have bought Lambert :p

66% possession and zero shots on target after 70 minutes, yep Poch has certainly got them playing his way alright. Particularly enjoying the performance of the one who got away from us, one-trick Townsend.

Surely if WBA and Forest can beat this shower then the mighty Saints are going to whip them a new one next Sunday!

I know I've probably jinxed everything now but what the hey!

Not one of ours, but possibly Poch related.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/25/jan-vertonghen-not-signing-new-contract-tottenham-hotspur

Jan Vertonghen won't be signing a new contract at Spurs, despite one being on offer.

“I am not signing, no,” Vertonghen said. “We agreed not to.

I would prefer not to say why. I still have four years left. I am happy at the club and I think they are happy with me. That’s where it ends.

“I am very happy, we have a good manager, we have a good team and a lot of good players.

“The squad is very big and you have to work hard to play every game and I hope I am playing again soon.”

Vertonghen has regularly linked with a move away from north London, although he looked set to follow Hugo Lloris, Danny Rose and Harry Kane in signing a new long-term deal this summer.

Spurs fans have been surprised by his lack of opportunities under Mauricio Pochettino in recent weeks. Previously one of the first names on the team sheet, he has found time restricted as the former Argentina international rotates his side.

Poch building a new posse? :D

Very hard not to be a bit smug at the moment. I might be getting carried away, but we really should be winning on Saturday, and there's no reason we can't go and make MP's life a bit more difficult next weekend. 2 wins and I won't know what to do with myself!

Very hard not to be a bit smug at the moment. I might be getting carried away, but we really should be winning on Saturday, and there's no reason we can't go and make MP's life a bit more difficult next weekend. 2 wins and I won't know what to do with myself!

waa discussing this the other day, would love to win the next three games to 1) get one over Redknapp / Hoddle etc 2) beat Poch and 3) finally beat Sunderland! after that we come up against more ex saints v Stoke.

waa discussing this the other day, would love to win the next three games to 1) get one over Redknapp / Hoddle etc 2) beat Poch and 3) finally beat Sunderland! after that we come up against more ex saints v Stoke.

This might spike their plans

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/spurs-takeover-off-after-bidders-watch-them-play-2014092691094

:D

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/18932/9489519/arsenal-v-tottenham-spurs-miles-away-from-top-four-says-jamie-redknapp

Pochettino has come from Southampton, where he maybe didn’t have as talented a bunch as what he’s got at Tottenham but the work ethic and organisation was so much better.

He wants to play a pressing game and put teams under pressure like he did at Southampton but it’s impossible with that group at Spurs to implement that. You can’t ask Nacer Chadli, Lamela and Emmanuel Adebayor to go and press from the front - whereas Jay Rodriguez, Adam Lallana and even Rickie Lambert bought in to that at St Mary’s.

The midfield at Southampton had high energy compared to the likes of Etienne Capoue, who wants to play at his own pace. It’s just completely different for Pochettino at Spurs and I think he’s finding it very difficult.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/26/liverpool-everton-adam-lallana-merseyside-derby

“Just playing for such a big club as Liverpool brings a greater expectation,” says the nine-times capped international. “You go into games with a different mentality, you are expected to win a lot more games, teams come to you and camp themselves behind the ball. There are different challenges.

“There is more pressure but it is something you cannot quite explain unless you have experienced it yourself. There is a difference when you pull on that Liverpool shirt to playing for Southampton or any other different team, but it is a great feeling as well. There’s the fans. You can see the relationship they have with the players here and that is something I hope to build myself. "

Edited by trousers

'Koeman never played in England although he was once close to signing for Everton. “When I was young I was a fan of Tottenham and Glenn Hoddle because he wasn’t the typical English footballer and that was nice to see. He was technically strong and an unbelievably good player.'

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/ronald-koeman-the-english-game-suits-the-man-who-made-graham-taylor-flip-9758808.html

Oh dear, I hope Daniel Levy doesn't see this article and get ideas after the North London derby drubbing tomorrow..

I really don't get the "There is a difference when you pull on that Liverpool shirt to playing for Southampton". Why? Sure, the fans of Liverpool have a huge sense of expectation and entitlement. But I would expect a player to give 100% for what ever club he played for and therefore there wouldn't be a question of upping one's game as it would already be at 100%. While he is trying to ingratiate himself to his new club, he comes across as being somewhat disrespectful to Southampton, not that I care in the slightest. I realise players come and go, but the way he has gone about it, and is still going on about it, makes him come across as a two hat and maybe he should think before he speaks.

"You go into games with a different mentality, you are expected to win a lot more games" - wtf does that really mean? I hope that all the players that we have got this season at Saints go into EVERY game expecting to win. I had hoped that that was the case last season, but seemingly some of the team and management really couldn't wait to be elsewhere. They have the audacity to question the club's ambition, but it statements like this that lead me to question their ambition while at Southampton and to show what shallow people they are.

I now have an irrational and childish view on old Adam, even though I don't care what he says. I see him poncing around the pitch playing with his hair and think that he is a............Anyway, he's part of our history and nothing to do with the club any more.

What an absolute c**T and I truly hope the little s**t fails miserably at Liverpool.

What a little pr**k he has turned out to be and we are well shot.......tadic will be far better than him and not a big headed charlie to boot.

Boy, I hope he gets "welcomed" back to St marys like no other player, disrespectful little t**t.