Defectors Watch

adrian lord

We think we have some bell ends on this forum, but read this post on the Spurs forum at a fan that said poch should now....what a knob

You are without doubt the most pathetic person who has ever appeared in this board. I am not even angry, I just feel a great deal I pitty for you and anyone associated with you. I mean, you are just the worst kind of human being. I mean, do you ever feel that you need to re-evaluate your life at all? Seriously? I mean don't you ever think just about how **** your life is - maybe you should just end it all? Seriously? Why don't you just kill yourself. I mean, you should kill yourself. Just end it all. Well have a little tribute on here - even though you'd just be someone who used to post, who doesn't post anymore, and we wouldn't know that you had, in fact, died, unless you left it in your note. In fact, you should do that. Leave your note on here. You can mention me if you like. In fact, please do, that way I can take all the credit that will come my way for the fact the human race won't have to endure you anymore. I'll probably get a statue outside the new stadium - me and Bill Nick, encased in bronze - Bill Nick for what he did or Spurs, and me for the fact that you would be dead, and the world will be a better place. I am actually really excited about the prospect of all this now. Don't reply - just go and kill yourself. Do it Sammy. Do it. Kill yourself. That'll show me and everyone else wouldn't it? Because, who really cares? When you really think about your life - who really cares about you. No one. Why, because you're misunderstood and everyone think you're a **** - which you are. So do it Sammy. Kill yourself. Please, please please PLEASE kill yourself. Do it. Do it you ****ing coward. ****ing do it. ****ing kill yourself. Put and end to your stupid, pathetic existence. KILL YOUR SELF.

to be honest i think it's mental to write Poch off just yet, don't forget in his first half season with us he only really matched what Adkins had done before. The trick to his management style is as much about the training as it is the managing, and that kind of thing doesn't show for at least 6months as players get fitter and learn the new way to play.

Also the "lack of plan b" crap is so ****ing boring, normally trotted out by fat fools who've never played the game above pub level. MP's saints team didn't need a plan b, much in the same way that they didn't play 442. They played from positions and moved to create space and shape, there was no "plan b" (which as far as i can tell in english football terms means hitting it long) because the plan a was so fluid that it accommodated a plan a, b, c and d!

The problem for MP is that he has a squad that should finish between 5th-7th on merit but if they do that it won't be enough (it clearly wasn't last season for Sherwood) and for him to better that he probably needs to replace about 15 players with 10 better ones. So he needs probably 3 or 4 transfer windows at least to sort the squad out but he has a chairman that won't give him that time, and who has an unrealistic expectation of the current squad's abilities

He'll do well to make it to next season IMO

Interesting from the Spurs forum...

This is just something I want to share..

Someone I know who has very close links to the club reckon quite a few of the senior THFC players are not buying into MP technics but especially his training tactics..Apparently you need "2 hearts" to able to reach his desired levels of fitness but without much "thought" to the technical side of the game..

The Southampton players brought into it as they were either relatively unknown or most were young and hungry from their academy but even they had some issues with it ( the guy who they signed from Italy?) and shipped out..

And they're a bit tasty on their boards aren't they, jesus, and we think this place has got some nutters :scared:

to be honest i think it's mental to write Poch off just yet, don't forget in his first half season with us he only really matched what Adkins had done before. The trick to his management style is as much about the training as it is the managing, and that kind of thing doesn't show for at least 6months as players get fitter and learn the new way to play.

Also the "lack of plan b" crap is so ****ing boring, normally trotted out by fat fools who've never played the game above pub level. MP's saints team didn't need a plan b, much in the same way that they didn't play 442. They played from positions and moved to create space and shape, there was no "plan b" (which as far as i can tell in english football terms means hitting it long) because the plan a was so fluid that it accommodated a plan a, b, c and d!

Absolutely with you on the training/managing side of things. Spurs (and any club) needs managerial and philosophical continuity. Poch needs time to develop his own system. No doubt Spurs, with the right amount of investment, will be a force to be reckoned with soon.

Not sure I agree with you on the "lack of plan b crap". From my perspective, there were times last season when we could have benefited from a different approach on the pitch. I guess on paper you could say that Poch's style enveloped all manner of plans, but the fact was that it wasn't effective enough against particular teams. If it was, we would have done better in the league, right?

What was the problem then? I put it down not to a deficiency on Poch's behalf, but through a lack of squad depth. If he had the quality in depth, I reckon the lack of plan b complaint wouldn't arise. Just to add some contrast - Koeman has depth so can afford to employ different plans. On that same notes, I think it's too early to make a value judgement on him as the better tactician.

Spurs are an interesting club. Turnover wise, they are about 11th in Europe, so probably the world, and have been for a very long time. They are big, no two ways about it. But, on the pitch, save for a season, no CL. A club their size should be there every year, but unfortunately there are at least 4 bigger clubs in this league. Not many other leagues, if any, have a club the stature of Spurs that cannot get CL football on a regular basis.

Interesting from the Spurs forum...

This is just something I want to share..

Someone I know who has very close links to the club reckon quite a few of the senior THFC players are not buying into MP technics but especially his training tactics..Apparently you need "2 hearts" to able to reach his desired levels of fitness but without much "thought" to the technical side of the game..

The Southampton players brought into it as they were either relatively unknown or most were young and hungry from their academy but even they had some issues with it ( the guy who they signed from Italy?) and shipped out..

And they're a bit tasty on their boards aren't they, jesus, and we think this place has got some nutters :scared:

Might have a point though, can't imagine carnts like Kaboul taking to train till you drop and then train some more systems. Spurs transfer window was poor, they might even have sold for more than they bought.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Absolutely with you on the training/managing side of things. Spurs (and any club) needs managerial and philosophical continuity. Poch needs time to develop his own system. No doubt Spurs, with the right amount of investment, will be a force to be reckoned with soon.

Not sure I agree with you on the "lack of plan b crap". From my perspective, there were times last season when we could have benefited from a different approach on the pitch. I guess on paper you could say that Poch's style enveloped all manner of plans, but the fact was that it wasn't effective enough against particular teams. If it was, we would have done better in the league, right?

What was the problem then? I put it down not to a deficiency on Poch's behalf, but through a lack of squad depth. If he had the quality in depth, I reckon the lack of plan b complaint wouldn't arise. Just to add some contrast - Koeman has depth so can afford to employ different plans. On that same notes, I think it's too early to make a value judgement on him as the better tactician.

But MP seemed to make a difference to our playing style straight away, there was no wait of 6 months or anything like that.

But MP seemed to make a difference to our playing style straight away, there was no wait of 6 months or anything like that.

Perhaps because he had the elements necessary to do that, players with an extra gear waiting to be used. Not seen Spurs this season so far but I suspect that without the metronomes the music is out of sync. Didn't we tail off a bit last season when JRod got injured ? There's a reason why Spurs wanted he and Morgan I don't doubt.

Perhaps because he had the elements necessary to do that, players with an extra gear waiting to be used. Not seen Spurs this season so far but I suspect that without the metronomes the music is out of sync. Didn't we tail off a bit last season when JRod got injured ? There's a reason why Spurs wanted he and Morgan I don't doubt.
Maybe so, but the point being there is no evidence that it takes 6 months of particular training to get his playing style working. He's even had a full preseason at Spurs which he didn't get with us when he started.

Regardless, I think MP is a good manager and will ultimately do alright at Spurs, can't see any of this "sacked by Xmas" stuff happening unfortunately.

Shaw will get his chance for Man Utd soon and will do well for them.

Lambert will continue to warm the bench for Liverpool. Lallana will struggle to live up to the hype for them. Can't decide on Lovren.

Spurs fans really do have a delusional sense of entitlement.

They got what they apparently wanted in Poch, but have now decided he's not good enough.

I have to say, within a couple of days of Saints appointing Koeman, there were Spurs fans asking why - if he was available - they hadn't got him.

That's cos Spurs are a "flavour of the month" type of club. Mopos way of playing was the flavour of the month as was Tim Sherwood the flavour of the month as was AVB the flavour of the month and so on. Only problem is it was all according to the papers. Proper football clubs do their scouting of all aspects of the club and that is what I like about SFC. We do our research and in the main it has payed off. It's nothing to do with reading what or who is flavour of the month.

I agree broadly with this and resent the implication from Eric that anybody who expresses the opinion that Pochettino didn't possess a Plan B must be a fat fool who has never played above pub level. The MOTD pundits are all former players at the very highest level of football and they still manage to get stuff about us wrong on a regular basis.

Regarding the 6 months that Pochettino needs to train his teams up to the requisite mental and physical condition to implement his (Bielsa's) style of play, it is obviously much superior to Koeman's style, as Koeman inherited half a team depleted of its best players, replaced by others who had never played together before and yet they have adapted quickly enough to it to gain better results than those achieved by Pochettino over the corresponding 5 matches last season when he was here.

Guys, so this defectors thread, does it include players like Osvaldo and Gaston? and any other players who left?

Or just the 5 players (chambers,lallana,lovren,shaw and lambert) as well poch?

tbf osvaldo has been doing alright for them, 3 goals in 4 games i believe, and starting for them right now- though inter are losing right now tbf lol

Guys, so this defectors thread, does it include players like Osvaldo and Gaston? and any other players who left?

Or just the 5 players (chambers,lallana,lovren,shaw and lambert) as well poch?

tbf osvaldo has been doing alright for them, 3 goals in 4 games i believe, and starting for them right now- though inter are losing right now tbf lol

They didn't defect they were rejected!

They need a Rejected Watch thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lovely end to the weekend, Shaw sat on his fat rich arse watching a 5-3 drubbing and Pochettino surely hearing some grumbles from disgruntled Spurs fans who've now watched 2 consecutive home losses and with no goals scored into the bargain.

Man Utd are going to be right in the ****e financially if they fail to qualify for the Champions league again. Nice! Bloody nice!

They really won't be financially. Makes it all the more hilarious how it happened last year and they've spent big but not brought in an out n out centre back after two older world class ones had left though.

Errrm I swear the difference when Poch came in (mid season) was evident almost immediately.

What was it Wednesday/Thursday he took over? You could see the pressing game against Everton on the Monday.

One of the most intriguing Saints encounters of recent memory. New manager vs old bogey team.

We went away to Wigan a week (I think) later and it was like watching a totally different team. It was breathtaking.

Solidified the game above. Shame not to pick up all three points, and good on Super Michael for removing himself from decent people. :)

Football is such a fickle game, if poch wins next week then follows up with another 4-0 like against QPR all media and fans will be singing his praises. I really don't get the people that get so worked up over every single result.

As weekends go though this has been the most satisfying one for us I can't remember! We March On!

Football is such a fickle game, if poch wins next week then follows up with another 4-0 like against QPR all media and fans will be singing his praises. I really don't get the people that get so worked up over every single result.

As weekends go though this has been the most satisfying one for us I can't remember! We March On!

On the other hand if he loses and then draws with QPR.....

I can't remember who said it but someone did say that MP would be dealing with egos for the 1st time and that many of those egos wouldn't take kindly to his methods.

Was thinking about this too. Pochettino inherited an eager squad of fairly young players, who'd played together a while and risen together, under a manager with hardly any ego or bravado in Adkins. I actually think he therefore inherited a really well-rounded bunch of lads/blokes. These lads, being receptive, took all his ideas on, ran with them and did rather bloody well.

Inherit a bunch of blokes at a club that always had grander ambitions, never going to be the same result.

Just my view anyway.

Edit: Oh and added to this, that Pochettino turned most of these well-rounded lads into £ seeking mercenaries ...

Was thinking about this too. Pochettino inherited an eager squad of fairly young players, who'd played together a while and risen together, under a manager with hardly any ego or bravado in Adkins. I actually think he therefore inherited a really well-rounded bunch of lads/blokes. These lads, being receptive, took all his ideas on, ran with them and did rather bloody well.

Inherit a bunch of blokes at a club that always had grander ambitions, never going to be the same result.

Just my view anyway.

Edit: Oh and added to this, that Pochettino turned most of these well-rounded lads into £ seeking mercenaries ...

Which is why I will always be in favour of selling big time Charlies like Lallana and Lovren if they want out. The board 'putting their foot down' and 'growing a pair' is all well and good but if you end up with a dressing room full of Anelkas, Lovrens and Bartons it doesn't matter how talented they are. Without the right atmosphere in the dressing room, the biggest names in football will look hopeless.

Did the defections begin with Pochettino? Lallana said he was dreaming of a move for the best part of half of the season, so maybe he was the first but it did seem that Pochettino's decision was the thing that sparked the exodus. Yet I know quite a few fans who were not that enthralled about MP as last season progressed. His pressing game caught the eye when he came here and he got early results last season, but in mid-season things fell away with some poor defensive performances against the stronger teams and as the season went on, a worrying inability to turn possession into goals.

You couldn't wish him to go, given the 8th place finish but you could hope that the club would boost the squad with 2 or 3 quality signings even though it was possible to see MP as over-rated by the media. When Tottenham won the first two game of this season, it started to look as if MP was genuinely a good recruit for them but one point in three games and another tough game next week brings back those thoughts about whether his ability was exaggerated. I can't image there are many Saints' fans who would swop him for Ronald.

I'd suggest you check again.

I've taken your advice and checked again. And I find that last year we won two, drew two and lost one = 8 points. This season we have won three, drawn one, lost one = 10 points.

Just so that you know what I am counting as the results, last year we beat West Brom 1-0, drew with Sunderland 1-1, lost to Norwich 0-1, drew with West Ham 0-0 and won against Liverpool 0-1

Last season we had scored 3 and conceded 1, a goal difference of +1

This season we have scored 9 and conceded 3, a goal difference of +6

Naturally I am not including the Cup matches, not that that makes any difference.

I've taken your advice and checked again. And I find that last year we won two, drew two and lost one = 8 points. This season we have won three, drawn one, lost one = 10 points.

Just so that you know what I am counting as the results, last year we beat West Brom 1-0, drew with Sunderland 1-1, lost to Norwich 0-1, drew with West Ham 0-0 and won against Liverpool 0-1

Last season we had scored 3 and conceded 1, a goal difference of +1

This season we have scored 9 and conceded 3, a goal difference of +6

Naturally I am not including the Cup matches, not that that makes any difference.

The table is comparative results against the same opposition, not comparative results for the first five fixtures.