Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Still completely bemused by some fans' attitude to one of our best players of recent times, having given years of quality service. The good far far outweighs the bad as far as I'm concerned. One of my favourite ever Saints players.

'Having given'? Dear oh dear, it's late.

There is a difference when you pull on that Liverpool shirt to playing for Southampton or any other different team, but it is a great feeling as well. There’s the fans. You can see the relationship they have with the players here and that is something I hope to build myself. "

LOL .... presuming you manage to avoid a last minute injury or illness, when you return to SMS you will find out what sort of relationship you now have with Saints Fans and it won't be pretty!!

WAC he has turned into. Maybe we should give Clattenburg a big apology today.

Still completely bemused by some fans' attitude to one of our best players of recent times, having given years of quality service. The good far far outweighs the bad as far as I'm concerned. One of my favourite ever Saints players.

He wasn't our best player in our first season back in the premiership, in fact he looked so far off the pace that I thought he might drop out of the first team squad. Last season he improved tremendously but was he better than Morgan, Clyne, Lovren, J-Rod, Jose or Victor???? I don't think so. Don't get me wrong, I liked him a lot but he has burnt his bridges with me after his Liverpool interview (always dreaming of playing for Liverpool - while our captain, kissing our badge and having grown up an Everton fan) and then followed by the pathetic advert in the Echo. I am not bemused, it's very clear to me, he deserves all the bad will he gets.

I think people are being a bit precious. It's true that fan's expectations at Liverpool are greater (years of titles) than at Southampton (years of flirting with relegation). It's also true that teams are more inclined to park the bus at Anfield than at St Mary's.

I'm sad that it ended like it did and some of the things he said weren't the wisest - but I really doubt the way he was interpreted is the way he really feels (otherwise he would have left in L1). It's not like he didn't put in a shift and had been with us for years. From me, Lovren after one season represents more of a betrayal.

Either way, I think we have replaced well.

There is a difference when you pull on that Liverpool shirt to playing for Southampton or any other different team, but it is a great feeling as well. There’s the fans. You can see the relationship they have with the players here and that is something I hope to build myself. "

LOL .... presuming you manage to avoid a last minute injury or illness, when you return to SMS you will find out what sort of relationship you now have with Saints Fans and it won't be pretty!!

What relationship? They don't think he's as much of a d*ck as we do? :lol:

I think people are being a bit precious. It's true that fan's expectations at Liverpool are greater (years of titles) than at Southampton (years of flirting with relegation). It's also true that teams are more inclined to park the bus at Anfield than at St Mary's.

I'm sad that it ended like it did and some of the things he said weren't the wisest - but I really doubt the way he was interpreted is the way he really feels (otherwise he would have left in L1). It's not like he didn't put in a shift and had been with us for years. From me, Lovren after one season represents more of a betrayal.

Either way, I think we have replaced well.

I agree with this. I think he's being a bit daft with the phrasing of these quotes though. If he chucked a compliment about Saints into his quote it wouldn't sound so bad. I've seen other players do this well, and it reigns back what could be taken as a slight.

Sounds like he's struggling with the pressure a bit, and throwing compliments at the fans to try and win them over.

I'm not his psychoanalyst but he's likely experiencing is, having been at one club for massive chunk of his life, where he was completely at home and in his comfort zone, he's now somewhere new where he needs to start from scratch, and build his reputation again. It's not easy, and I can't help but hope it eventually works out for him even though the Saints curse thing is very amusing right now. Get your head down Adam, don't give up, and whenever you reference Southampton, make sure it's a compliment, not a belittling statement, otherwise you're making life unnecessarily difficult for yourself.

I agree with this. I think he's being a bit daft with the phrasing of these quotes though. If he chucked a compliment about Saints into his quote it wouldn't sound so bad. I've seen other players do this well, and it reigns back what could be taken as a slight.

Sounds like he's struggling with the pressure a bit, and throwing compliments at the fans to try and win them over.

I'm not his psychoanalyst but he's likely experiencing is, having been at one club for massive chunk of his life, where he was completely at home and in his comfort zone, he's now somewhere new where he needs to start from scratch, and build his reputation again. It's not easy, and I can't help but hope it eventually works out for him even though the Saints curse thing is very amusing right now. Get your head down Adam, don't give up, and whenever you reference Southampton, make sure it's a compliment, not a belittling statement, otherwise you're making life unnecessarily difficult for yourself.

Entirely agree. Liverpool fans lap that bullsh1t up about the club "meaning" so much more to them than other fans.

Plus I'm fairly sure players we've signed before like Lambert have all commented that playing for Saints, at St. Mary's is bigger than anything they've done before. So Lallana saying that representing one of Europe's biggest clubs and (former) powerhouses is not really too far removed from that.

Totally agree.

Either don't mention us again ever, or at least find it in your heart to say something positive about the time you spent here once in a while.

There is a difference when you pull on that Liverpool shirt to playing for Southampton or any other different team, but it is a great feeling as well. There’s the fans. You can see the relationship they have with the players here and that is something I hope to

build myself. "

Lallana said that? He really ought to either employ a PR guru to tell him what to say, or keep his big mouth shut. As a former Everton fan, I presume that he wouldn't get the same feeling about pulling on their shirt had he signed for them? Or would he have said that about pulling on the shirt of whichever club he signed for, proving what we all know, that he is a shallow, egotistical and greedy bastard?

He ought to have a word with Ricky, who would be welcomed by virtually all Saints fans if they came across him in town visiting friends. Lallana in the same situation is going the right way to inciting only abuse and derision. I can't wait myself to give him the bird when Scousehampton play us here.

Expecting an explosive performance from Spurs in the 2nd half against Arsenal.. I'm sure Pochettino is going to unleash his players and catch them by surprise. Can't believe Spurs can be so unenthusiastic as they've been so far. Either that of Poch has completely lost the plot.

Think the point is that the badge kisser was paid a great deal of money during his time with us. Whilst he played very well for us in recent times he wasn't always great yet we stuck by him.

Don't get me wrong, I liked him a lot but he has burnt his bridges with me after his Liverpool interview (always dreaming of playing for Liverpool - while our captain, kissing our badge and having grown up an Everton fan) and then followed by the pathetic advert in the Echo. I am not bemused, it's very clear to me, he deserves all the bad will he gets.

i can't believe a player, who dreamt about playing for the opposition team while he was supposed to be captaining our team, can qualify as anyone's favourite.

Totally agree.

Either don't mention us again ever, or at least find it in your heart to say something positive about the time you spent here once in a while.

All of this. Sad to say I will take pleasure in his lack of success.

AL getting rave reviews on RAWK this weekend, if Tadic moves to a top 4 club can I be the first to say he wasn't all that anyway?

He was good, as wasteful in front of goal as ever but very creative and seemed desperate to impress. He is a tremendous douche though so I hope he continues his spotty form for as long as possible and maybe a few more minor injuries.

Edited by farawaysaint
Heh... The forum allows douche.

Forgot about that utter w**kstain.

He's **** hot at the moment which is annoying for three reasons.

1: He's a w***stain.

2: Pelle is on the fringes of the national squad and it would be fantastic if Dani loses his place to Graziano who seems a really nice guy

3: Our reported agreed fee was something like 4million so Inter are getting a hell of a bargain if he keeps this up

Edited by farawaysaint

2: Pelle is on the fringes of the national squad and it would be fantastic if Dani loses his place to Graziano who seems a really nice guhy

3: Our reported agreed fee was something like 4million so Inter are getting a hell of a bargain if he keeps this up

I really don't care if we only agreed a fee of £4. I don't want that c**t anywhere near our club ever again.

2: Pelle is on the fringes of the national squad and it would be fantastic if Dani loses his place to Graziano who seems a really nice guhy

If that **** is scoring regularly in Serie A that league must be bang average he couldn't score in a brothel in England......

An article in the Guardian, fair enough, but who wants to read about Lallana's excitement playing for Scousehampton in the Champions League? The only response the article elicited was a series of yawns and comments that we have replaced him with Tadic who we consider to be the better player. I hope that the Echo gets the message and realises that we really couldn't care a fig about how Lallana is realising his childhood dreams.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11131376/Manchester-United-transfer-blow-as-Borussia-Dortmund-defender-Mats-Hummels-rules-out-Old-Trafford-move.html

I saw this today and it made me sad, because our players were all money grabbing ****s, while over in Germany it looks like there's some loyalty left in football. Its not a direct comparison to us, but even so, ****