Bertrand signs for a season long loan

Batman

Extremely underwhelmed by this. So what if he played in the champs league final when Chelsea had no other options. Mediocre to poor player. And on loan too. At least we know for sure where the board are aiming us at now. As the saying goes - don't pay attention to what somebody says' date=' pay attention to what they do. So Ralph you can spout your **** but in reality all you have done is sold Shaw and brought in an also ran on loan. If Lowe had done this we would all be up in arms.[/quote']

Careful mate. You will get abuse for this post.

Extremely underwhelmed by this. So what if he played in the champs league final when Chelsea had no other options. Mediocre to poor player. And on loan too. At least we know for sure where the board are aiming us at now. As the saying goes - don't pay attention to what somebody says' date=' pay attention to what they do. So Ralph you can spout your **** but in reality all you have done is sold Shaw and brought in an also ran on loan. If Lowe had done this we would all be up in arms.[/quote']

Maybe you and everyone else needs to take your own advice and pay attention to how he plays for Southampton not how he is going to play in your mind

On paper very mediocre signing that was found out badly defensively when at villa. Just hoping the money will be spent elsewhere.

Good to see the standard SaintsWeb lads reaction of slating the bloke before he's kicked a ball for us.

Pretty much the views on his as a player when he was elsewhere

This is his time. He has the greatest chance to finally prove himself as a serious prem player

Players can come alive and find there form if they're with the right manager and environment, he's obviously keen to push on, develop and improve which is probably one of the key reasons he joined us, RK may well be the right man for him, Chelsea was not the right environment for him but they kept him on.......

My god .... Some of you really need to have a word with yourselves!

This a clearly a good deal! We cannot rush costly signings and have two weeks left until kick off! A loanee makes perfect sense and seems decent enough.

Welcome to our club (excuse the bet wetters)

wow, just wow at some of the reactions on here. Talk about ridiculous!

This is not a signing to make you jump for joy (e.g. marquee signing) but seems solid enough. Like some of the rational posters have said, the club obviously rate Targett VERY highly but recognize he is not quite ready yet. So we have a solid LB (not many of those around) and Targett can continue to progress. If Bertrand is successful means we have had a good season and we have the option of signing him. So plenty of incentive for him to do well and for us to benefit.

Lets face it, foreign signings can be very hit and miss - Osvaldo anyone? And a name doe not guarantee success.

I'm staggered and not a little impressed (even) at the knowledge some posters have of other teams players. I mean, I saw Villa a bit on MoTD and home and away live in the league against Saints, and was quite impressed with Betrand, but apparently he was actually crap at Villa. What do I know. Perhaps I should trade the ST for a Sky bundle and get some proper opinions.

Good move these loans because if we are relegated they will leave and not be a burden on the wage bill in the Championship. IN the meantime the £90m war chest is preserved to use in other ways, such as paying a bonus to our brilliant board members and a dividend to the club owner.

He might turn out to be a good loan signing and cheap, like Corky. Being at a club like Chelsea, young players get sent on short-term loans all over the the UK, not settling anywhere and having to adapt to different systems and managers. No wonder they don't perform at their peak. I'm sure he has got to the age where he needs to establish himself regularly in a Premier League side, rather than be touted around on loan. He will be incentivised to do well with us. Let's give him a chance!

The important thing is that Koeman believes him to be a player who will fit into his style of play. As it stands, we have two quick players who could play as wing backs and if we are after Redmond too, he'll provide the cover and competition for Clyne.If we got Vlaar and Rojo and Forster, we wouldn't look too shabby at the back at all.

Bertrand has something to prove with us and we have given him a golden opportunity to shine, just as we have with other players who were thought not to be brilliant signings at the time. I think that Koeman will get the best out of him and I suspect that it will be worth revisiting this thread well into the season to remind the unimpressed what tw*ta they were condemning him before he has even kicked a ball for us.

Welcome to Saints Ryan. You sound as if you're happy to be here, which makes a pleasant change where players are concerned at this club at the moment.

The important thing is that Koeman believes him to be a player who will fit into his style of play. As it stands, we have two quick players who could play as wing backs and if we are after Redmond too, he'll provide the cover and competition for Clyne.If we got Vlaar and Rojo and Forster, we wouldn't look too shabby at the back at all.

Bertrand has something to prove with us and we have given him a golden opportunity to shine, just as we have with other players who were thought not to be brilliant signings at the time. I think that Koeman will get the best out of him and I suspect that it will be worth revisiting this thread well into the season to remind the unimpressed what tw*ta they were condemning him before he has even kicked a ball for us.

Welcome to Saints Ryan. You sound as if you're happy to be here, which makes a pleasant change where players are concerned at this club at the moment.

If we get vlaar then 2 of our 4 defenders will be ex villa from last year. Doesn't that tell you something?

Listen to you pratts

He is a decent player , he has only just arrived and several of the usual cohorts are hurling abuse . Call yourself saints fans , you should be ashamed

If you want to go and support your money grabbing icons at Liverpool I will arrange a taxi for you

Liverpool were after him as well

Give the lad a chance

. If it's who keomans wanted then that's got to be good . He knows what he is looking for

Calm down calm down

Welcome on board Bertrand

If Liverpool wanted him, they would have got him. Like they have done with 3 of our players

He is a decent signing. Please stop over egging him to try and justify it. He will get nothing but load vocal support when ever he plays. Unless he is of Danny fox levels of fukery

Unbelievable negativity and ignorance on here. Loan = low risk and allows Targett to come through next season. If any potential signing looks at this board ..... Jeez

Potential signings won't sign because some people on this forum are underwhelmed by a signing? :lol:

Standard saintsweb. Player signs, some people say it's an underwhelming signing and then the usual suspects react with apoplectic rage that someone could say that.

Only allowed an initial opinion as long as it's positive!

That's just plain silly. Don't even know why I'm bothering to rep

That's just plain silly. Don't even know why I'm bothering to rep

Eh? Make sense sir! What I described is what happens every time some posters say they aren't keen on a signing. Give them a chance! Is the normal reply, as if saying you don't think he is good means you are then incapable of supporting him when he actually starts playing for us.

I'm staggered and not a little impressed (even) at the knowledge some posters have of other teams players. I mean, I saw Villa a bit on MoTD and home and away live in the league against Saints, and was quite impressed with Betrand, but apparently he was actually crap at Villa. What do I know. Perhaps I should trade the ST for a Sky bundle and get some proper opinions.

He didn't play against us in the game at SMS. Luna did. Perhaps you should trade your ST. :blush:

Standard saintsweb. Player signs, some people say it's an underwhelming signing and then the usual suspects react with apoplectic rage that someone could say that.

Only allowed an initial opinion as long as it's positive!

Tells me:

2 good players doesn't make a good defence

Villa actually were far better defensively than attacking last season

Defensive midfield is key to helping a defence

Wanyama, Morgan, Cork, Davis helped our defence a huge amount last season, Villa didn't have that.

I bow to your superior footballing knowledge sir:lol:

I think he will do well and he is a mate of jack cork

Being at villa last year probably wasn't the best option for him giving the relegation turmoil and managerial changes there

He will flourish with us

And what some some of you negative pratts have failed to realise we still have a full transfer pot to spend

Get behind the lad . If he wasn't any good Chelsea would have moved him on years ago to a lower league side ,

yes it tells me saints are a provincial PL side and not one of the top six sides in the league..............but clearly that point is lost on a some of our fans

What the fuk do you mean provincial in this context?

Is it a way of down grading the club or something?

We all know where we are. But this is a bang average signing going off people who watched him a lot most recently. Villa fans

IMO, he has everything to prove and needs to become a serious, proper premier league player. He has everything to achieve that here so I think he could do well

Don't know what everyone was expecting, there's not too many quality left backs around. Welcome Ryan. It's a good opportunity for him to get regular football. Whoever we got in was going to be a downgrade. We need a bit of perspective, I think it could be a decent signing, and it means we still have some funds in the bank

... but we have enough money to buy Shaw from Manchester United, promising lad no CL experience, one England cap but never won anything but who knows he may turn out to be a future star