Bertrand signs for a season long loan

Batman

Let's be honest, Bertrand would have had enough offers to play first team football. He would have joined because he's presumably been given the promise of first team football. He hasn't come here on loan to be back up.

That is our 1 loan used up. I think it's a good signing and followed his career and hoped we'd signed him before he went to Villas. 2 months older than Morgan.

Everton had about 3/4 last year. Barry, Lukaku, lad from Barcelona.

That is our 1 loan used up. I think it's a good signing and followed his career and hoped we'd signed him before he went to Villas. 2 months older than Morgan.

Surprised he's that old (24) and not really made a mark anywhere as yet. 14 appearances for Villa last season on loan from January (acc to Wikipedia).

At least he might be motivated by the fact this could be his biggest opportunity yet to make an impact.

Boy are we are going notice the loss of Shaw. Bertrand is a massive backwards step. Massive. Mind you was at ever going to be otherwise. Let's hope he keeps improving as he didn't impress much last season.

Good back up for Targett. Club clearly see that Targett is going to make it, so will gradually introduce him.

I know that i prefer Bertrand to Fox.

Isn't that the problem though? Targett should be the backup (or at least have to earn the position from a more established player, rather than inheriting it).

I'm not sure why people are annoyed because it's a loan signing. Just because we have money, doesn't mean we NEED to spend it.

By all accounts, Ryan is unproven at this level so it would seem pretty silly to go chucking a £5m transfer fee and 4 year contract at him if he turns out to be crap. This way we can get the best of both worlds with an option to buy.

I doubt he is on loan because we can't afford the transfer fee.

Well done to all you people who are slagging him off BEFORE he has

actually kicked a ball for us...

Very much like the slagging some players got just for being named in the 11..

Give the guy a chance to be **** first before you write him off, you never know he might be ok...

Welcome Ryan. You have my full support.

**** me, the whinging on this thread! If we'd have signed a young, expensive LB that we'd never heard of except from FM, they'd have been crying about blocking MTs progress. As it is we now have2 young players who can compete and challenge each other. Makes good sense to me.

Can anyone confirm we have agreed an option (and/or) fee for us to buy at if he does well? Absolutely nothing wrong with the loan signing if this is the case. Means he'll be fighting for a long term deal which should keep him on his toes. What we don't want is a straight forward loan deal like Remy at Newcastle last season where the player uses us to put himself in the shop window and holds all the aces when it comes to negotiating a deal to sign permanently.

Underwhelmed. Is he better than Targett?

Yes! He is and better than Fox too, but not a replacement for Shaw. And no transfer money spent. Got to spend the cash this summer as KLs off. If she leaves and we are left with uncommitted loanees we have no team in a year. We need to BUY.

But, good luck... By god we are going to need you.

Personally I think he's a great signing ! Doesn't mean we won't get rojo ! We don't only need first 11 but back up players aswell. I personally would of prefered we bought him. People on here !!!!! The board are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't !!!!

Young. British. Champion league experience. England international. Hungry. Sounds good to me

I'm not sure why Rogers is referencing 'exciting English talent' to a loan signing. Hardly seems relevant. He's here for a season, a stop-gap, not part of the building program for the future. If he is to be here for longer then why not a permanent signing?

****ing hell, you lot slating the lad before he's played a game.

Bertrand is solid and alot more ready to start PL games than Targett.

Get over your ****ing selves.

Unfortunately he's suffering from being the first one in the door after the ****e summer we've had so far. It would have had to be someone pretty bloody tasty to have prevented this kind of reaction.

ok .. so he's not a marquee signing... but.. a few years ago he was tipped to replace Ashley Cole for both Chelski and England.. probably mostly 'cos he's sat on the bench and not got real experience.... the lad is come to the conclusion that he needs to play games and is willing to come to us, at a time when many wouldn't... with RoKo's help he could turn out to be a really astute signing.....as long as spend some decent money elsewhere.. I'm pretty comfortable

Im please with this, great player imho

Was good whenever he played for Chelsea and won a couple of England caps when he got a run of games.

We need players, if a couple of them are loans thats absolutely fine. We have not used the loan system effectively imho. Times have now changed