José Fonte signs new three-year deal with Saints

Saint-Armstrong

Had the pleasure of being at the Withdean when that winner went in.

Nearly brought the stand down.

Very pleased Jose has signed - hopefully he will thrive with the new responsibility.

If we do get Gardos and Rojo on board + new goalkeeper things will look a whole lot better.

Just been getting my ticket for tomorrow and saw him coming out of St Mary's, waved to him and he waved back with a huge smile on his face. Was with an older looking man with a suit on etc so wondered if it was his brief. I had a feeling I'd come home to the news that he'd either signed a new contract or he'd left!

Shameful. The man deserves a 5 year deal. No wonder we're not signing decent players if 3 years or a 1 year loan is all we're offering. :(

Are you joking? He is 30 years old, some clubs only offer 1 year deals at a time for people over 30. Handing out a 5 year deal to a 30 year old is pretty much unheard of in World football.

I'm starting to think that as well. Fonte, although a nice guy is no leader of men.

Koeman said when he joined he and Steven Davis were two of our senior players and ones he had spoken to early on. I'll trust his judgment over yours.