Millwall 0 Saints 2

Batman

MotM vs Millwall (League Cup Rnd 2 Away 2014/15)  

156 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Millwall (League Cup Rnd 2 Away 2014/15)

• Forster
    • Targett
    • Clyne
    • Yoshida
    • Fonte
    • Wanyama
    • Davis, S
    • Isgrove
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Long
    • Pelle
    • Tadic
    • Cork
    • Ramirez

Tickets can still be purchased online and collected at St Mary's.

For anyone who misses out, tickets will also be available from The Den ahead of the match, which kicks off at 7.45pm.

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2482014-last-chance-for-millwall-tickets-1863762.aspx#e2OeouJP2t5AdZ1r.99

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2482014-last-chance-for-millwall-tickets-1863762.aspx

I'm in London already so if I do go I'll be paying when I get there. As it's league cup it's hardly going to be a sell-out isn't it?

Thank You!

Seriously hope we don't play our first team, need them fresh for West Ham on Saturday.

Oh FFS, we are playing Wet Sham on Saturday and then we have a week off, what we really need is to play the first team as far as possible to get them match fit and build up an understanding. Seems like RK agrees with this approach, thank goodness, just not playing one or two who are not 100%.

He's not fully match ready because he needs match time. He doesn't need a flaming rest!

Agree but he could also pick up an injury in this game due to lacking fitness or could get fatigued.

So in my opinion i think he should be rested and also will give Taider game time

He's not match ready, so drop him from matches.

Sorry, I don't get that.

In pre season do players play back to back 90 minute games?

Sat/Tues/Sat may be too much for him if he plays against Millwall he may be fatigued against West Ham.

I know which game id rather have him fit to play in. Does that make more sense now?

To our complete amazement, BeIn Sports are showing Millwall v Saints tomorrow night on Channel 4HD

They are also showing the CL qualifiers, AND they are showing Manure v MK Dons so a wide range of games being covered, we expect to only have Arabic Commentary.

We are however all meeting up at Barasti to watch the game.

So, for overseas Saints check your local listings as this could well be on in your neck of the woods as well.

It also means (contrary to a resident expert on everything on every thread who posted above) that there will be streams around for those who look hard enough.

Sat/Tues/Sat may be too much for him if he plays against Millwall he may be fatigued against West Ham.

I know which game id rather have him fit to play in. Does that make more sense now?

A bit more, yes - although on the basis of what you're saying, I'd give him 45 mins in tomorrow's match?

Players don't play full games in preseason as they aren't fully match fit...as anyone with any nous in Sport Physiology will tell you, you only get fit to play 90 minutes by playing 90 minutes or your body doesn't adapt to the overload.....yes, you run the risk of injury, that's the trade-off...

Players don't play full games in preseason as they aren't fully match fit...as anyone with any nous in Sport Physiology will tell you, you only get fit to play 90 minutes by playing 90 minutes or your body doesn't adapt to the overload.....yes, you run the risk of injury, that's the trade-off...

Im sure that was the pretty much the point i was making

I just hope we actually try to be a bit more adventurous against them. Fundamentally our defensive shape looks good, now we need to start unlocking the opposition, if we cannot manage it against an Ian Holloway championship side then I will have major concerns.