Millwall 0 Saints 2

Batman

MotM vs Millwall (League Cup Rnd 2 Away 2014/15)  

156 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Millwall (League Cup Rnd 2 Away 2014/15)

• Forster
    • Targett
    • Clyne
    • Yoshida
    • Fonte
    • Wanyama
    • Davis, S
    • Isgrove
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Long
    • Pelle
    • Tadic
    • Cork
    • Ramirez

So where else do you think he'll pick up game time and match fitness ahead of Saturday??

He has played two 90 minutes so far so he is able to complete that against west ham.

The point i was making was that he shouldnt be risked against millwall incase he picks up an injury.

Would you play him and as you say risk injury as that is the trade off?

Has the bus broken down then - has Nigel nicked it? Why travel up to London a day before for an evening game, better to get a nights sleep at home, surely could have trained this morning, driven up lunchtime, rested etc then played?

Club has travelled up the night before a game for several years now - whether or not it is an evening kick off. I think the last time we travelled on the day was Leeds away in the promotion season and although we won it was a horrid performance and Adkins mentioned that was the last time we'd be doing that.

Has the bus broken down then - has Nigel nicked it? Why travel up to London a day before for an evening game, better to get a nights sleep at home, surely could have trained this morning, driven up lunchtime, rested etc then played?

Perhaps the train is cheaper...difficult financial situation and all that.:)

I'd like to see:

Forster (well actually Boruc, but that's not happening); Stephens, Fonte, Gardos, Bertrand; Cork, Taider

A combination of the established players, new players who need to work the system out, a couple of youngsters on the fringes and the squad-deep centre midfield position where Taider

On the bench: Davis, Targett, McCarthy, Hooiveld, Wanyama, Sinclair, Rowe.

Edited by The9

I think he'll rest Forster, to be honest

Although he said we weren't going to rest many players, just those who weren't 100%. We'll see what he does but if he rests Forster that would be because he's either not 100%

or he is in fact a hypocrite, same as most football managers when exposing their plans for tackling lower league opposition.

Although he said we weren't going to rest many players, just those who weren't 100%. We'll see what he does but if he rests Forster that would be because he's either not 100%

or he is in fact a hypocrite, same as most football managers when exposing their plans for tackling lower league opposition.

How many managers actually give away selection details before a game?

I hope we see a mix of squad players and kids.

Kelvin

Stephens, Jos, Gardos, Targett

Taider, Cork, Reed

Rowe, Long, Isgrove

Something like that should be strong enough and give Ron a chance to look at the squad.

I hope we see a mix of squad players and kids.

Kelvin

Stephens, Jos, Gardos, Targett

Taider, Cork, Reed

Rowe, Long, Isgrove

Something like that should be strong enough and give Ron a chance to look at the squad.

Think I'd like Pelle to get more game time. He needs help to adjust, and a goal will do him some good I think.

Also, I reckon if Gardos is fit it would be good to pair him with Fonte. Try and build up some understanding as soon as possible. All just imo of course.

How sad is it to go to football on your own? Really tempted to just pitch up (assuming tickets are still available). It's relatively easy for me to get there.

Incredibly sad, I've done it many a time (up North, anyway). Don't forget your long beige mac, binoculars, and to rub your thighs really hard when we score.

We need to gracefully bow out of this competition and the FA Cup as early as possible. make no mistake we will be fighting to keep our head above 18th this year and our Premier future is all that matters.

It never gets old.

I'd like to see:

Forster (well actually Boruc, but that's not happening); Stephens, Fonte, Gardos, Bertrand; Cork, Taider

A combination of the established players, new players who need to work the system out, a couple of youngsters on the fringes and the squad-deep centre midfield position where Taider

On the bench: Davis, Targett, Turnbull, Hooiveld, Wanyama, Sinclair, Rowe.

Isn't Turnbull at Swindon?

What's Team News at 6:45PM mean? Lineups?

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 59s

#SaintsFC team vs @MillwallFC: Forster, Clyne, Fonte ©, Yoshida, Targett, Wanyama, S. Davis, Ward-Prowse, Isgrove, Long, Pellè.

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 45s

#SaintsFC substitutes vs @MillwallFC: K. Davis (GK), Gardos, Ramírez, Tadić, Taïder, Cork, Stephens.