Millwall 0 Saints 2

Batman

MotM vs Millwall (League Cup Rnd 2 Away 2014/15)  

156 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Millwall (League Cup Rnd 2 Away 2014/15)

• Forster
    • Targett
    • Clyne
    • Yoshida
    • Fonte
    • Wanyama
    • Davis, S
    • Isgrove
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Long
    • Pelle
    • Tadic
    • Cork
    • Ramirez

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 52s

#SaintsFC team vs @MillwallFC: Forster, Clyne, Fonte ©, Yoshida, Targett, Wanyama, S. Davis, Ward-Prowse, Isgrove, Long, Pellè.

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 1m

#SaintsFC substitutes vs @MillwallFC: K. Davis (GK), Gardos, Ramírez, Tadić, Taïder, Cork, Stephens.

Looks like we are taking this seriously

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 59s

#SaintsFC team vs @MillwallFC: Forster, Clyne, Fonte ©, Yoshida, Targett, Wanyama, S. Davis, Ward-Prowse, Isgrove, Long, Pellè.

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 45s

#SaintsFC substitutes vs @MillwallFC: K. Davis (GK), Gardos, Ramírez, Tadić, Taïder, Cork, Stephens.

Tell me Schneiderlin isn't "ill" ?

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 59s

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 45s

Disappointed Cork isn't in the starting xi. Good to see Targett and Isgrove getting chances.

Definitely concerned about Morgan's absence here.

Funny, I'm not remotely concerned about it, we have a pile of midfielders much of a muchness and should be giving the others a shot in a game like this. More interested to see that we're sticking with Fonte and Yoshida, which makes me wonder if Gardos is being saved for the weekend or if he's got Forren Syndrome.

Bertrand isn't involved either btw, is he off? :D

Disappointed not to see Taider. Where's Morgan? Worrying...

Must be one of the players who aren't 100% just as RK said. Good game last Saturday for someone who isn't 100% really.Maybe he's got a new agreement that he doesn't have to participate in sh*t games this season. West Ham and then 2 internationals next week will be enough.

Disappointed not to see Taider. Where's Morgan? Worrying...

Chill mate, he uploaded a video of him doing the ice bucket challenge at the training ground today - didn't appear to be sulking either. Probably just recovering from a knock, or Koeman didn't want to over-exert him given lack of pre-season.

Edited by Toon Saint

This could be the test whether Davis and JWP can provide the high tempo, quick ball and forward runs that were absent on Saturday. If it's still slow at half time I wouldn't be surprised to see Taider and Ramirez on.

I'd say after the World Cup & lack of pre-season 2 games in 3 days is probably too much.

This , he's a few weeks behind everyone else ! He looked fairly happy in his Ice bucket challenge earlier Jay did one too so I'm guessing they are doing some rehab together?

Schneiderlin obviously not wanting to be cup-tied...

Although a possible theory, I doubt he's worried to much about being cup tied for the league cup.. More a case of resting for Saturday *wishfulthinking