• Davis, S
    • Cork
    • Long
    • Tadic
    • Pelle
    • Mane
    • Wanyama
    • Mayuka

To be fair, I thought Alderweireld struggled a bit against QPR and the left CB spot doesn't look the entirely natural place for him.

It seems pedantic to be critical of any player involved in such a sublime win yesterday, but I agree, Toby has been a touch underwhelming in 3 or so games at left sided CB. He looks more like a RB trying to do a job out of position.

To be fair, we haven't been really tested at the back, but his distribution -presumably because he's a right footer- isn't the greatest. He also tends to get bullied in the air and dragged out of position. Am pretty sure if Yoshida had been making similar mistakes, they would have been picked up on.

Nope, have no sense of anything that you are apparently seeing. His distribution is fine, his tenacity yesterday to win the ball three times in one on ones to get the ball upfield was something else. He is also good at getting forward from the back and starting moves from midfield. The only place where I see him not being particularly effective is in the opponent's penalty area, one area where we have not been so good so far this year is our CBs getting goals,,but its early days. Very impressed with Toby so far, we will see how good he is if/when Jose misses a game or two and Toby plays on the right with either Maya or Florin.

A top six finish looks increasingly possible and a top four finish doesn't look entirely out of the question.

Yes we won 8-0, but as Fonte said on Instagram, it is still just 3 points. We have another 30 games to go! Lets not get carried away!

Was out for my birthday drinks last night. Fortunately I chose a pub which had Final Score on the telly, and I watched in disbelief as the goals just kept going in. Oddly my brother-in-law predicted 8-0 when we were 5-0 up. Should have put some money on that!

Wonderful win, wonderful feel good factor. I don't care if we lose to the big boys later in the season, as long as we keep beating the teams we should be beating.

To be fair, I thought Alderweireld struggled a bit against QPR and the left CB spot doesn't look the entirely natural place for him.
Just watching the QPR v Liverpool game now and Zamora is absolutely bullying the Liverpool defence, so probably worth cutting our defence a bit of slack for containing him when we came up against them the other week.

agree

balotelli is like the anti-suarez

poor movement, lazy, cant shoot

they just look very ordinary

Long may it continue; although at this rate they'll try for half our team again in January. Can just see Adz tapping up Clyne, Morgan, J-Rod and Dusan.

"They have a lot of options now, I always knew they'd attract big big moves." Knobhead.

Long may it continue; although at this rate they'll try for half our team again in January. Can just see Adz tapping up Clyne, Morgan, J-Rod and Dusan.

"They have a lot of options now, I always knew they'd attract big big moves." Knobhead.

when they signed balloheskey, the media were fawning all over liverpool on how this was a 'master stroke' by brendan and how he would be the man to get everything out of him

Lol @ Liverpool, what a complete and utter mess of a team. Brendan Rogers has done an amazing job of breaking his own side.

It's so funny to watch.

gerrard will probably score a penalty, rogers will go nuts and the press will say how wonderful 'stevie' was

I can't see any reason why we won't be above Liverpool by January. Anyone can see that they're not the same team without Suarez, and are probably as attractive a prospect for furthering a career as any other midtable team.

gerrard will probably score a penalty, rogers will go nuts and the press will say how wonderful 'stevie' was

He's a joke player these days. Should have hung up his boots, not trying to delay the inevitable.

Lovren is probably their worst CB. Can't see him lasting here for long, it's 2/3 errors a game guaranteed.

£20m, thank you.

He's a joke player these days. Should have hung up his boots, not trying to delay the inevitable.

Lovren is probably their worst CB. Can't see him lasting here for long, it's 2/3 errors a game guaranteed.

£20m, thank you.

Fans starting to get on his back. The funny thing is if he had stayed another season here he would have built on his reputation in a brilliant defence with a great midfield shield as opposed to tarnishing it in the grand LFC2014 experiment.

well, another demonstration on how average liverpool are

how on earth did QPR lose that match, they should have had 3 in the first half

its like saints in 2005 for arry

Never thought I'd feel a bit gutted for a Redknapp team, but they really did deserve something out of that, amazing game for a neutral to watch, but Liverpool properly nicked three points there, they looked cr@p. How much better was Coutinho than Lallana? Ballotelli was terrible.

Never thought I'd feel a bit gutted for a Redknapp team, but they really did deserve something out of that, amazing game for a neutral to watch, but Liverpool properly nicked three points there, they looked cr@p. How much better was Coutinho than Lallana? Ballotelli was terrible.

Don't think Lallana will get his start against Madrid, he was rubbish.

Lovren v Ronaldo and Benzema should be a good laugh.

Lovren at £20m is one of the funniest things I've heard all year. Mediocre player has one decent season we spunk a crazy amount on him and he goes back to his usual mediocre self and then we all act surprised. The fact Southnampton now have the best defence in the league only adds salt to the wounds.

Lovren is pitiful. In his CAREER he's had approximately 6 months of good form. His brief spells of good play are the exception, rather than the norm.

Lovren genuinely terrifies me, just seems so hopeless.

Whops Dejan, how does YNWA sound now?