Stoke 2 Saints 3 - Match & Reactions

Wiggles31

MotM vs Stoke (Away 2014/15 League Cup)  

243 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Stoke (Away 2014/15 League Cup)

• Forster
    • Targett
    • Clyne
    • Gardos
    • Fonte
    • Schneiderlin
    • Wanyama
    • Davis, S
    • Long
    • Tadic
    • Pelle
    • Cork
    • Alderweireld

Just of the opinion that the Stoke line up is as good as what we faced on Saturday, plus the fact they have home advantage. I fancied us to beat Arsenal in the last round, just hope I'm wrong tonight

Our line up is equally as good as it was on Saturday though, arguably stronger in midfield with Wanyama in. Gardos certainly doesn't seem a downgrade from Toby, from the little we've seen of them both, and Targett isn't much of a step down from Bertrand. Long in for Mane isn't a change in strength, it's a change in attacking style, I think. No reason why we can't win this.

Our line up is equally as good as it was on Saturday though, arguably stronger in midfield with Wanyama in. Gardos certainly doesn't seem a downgrade from Toby, from the little we've seen of them both, and Targett isn't much of a step down from Bertrand. Long in for Mane isn't a change in strength, it's a change in attacking style, I think. No reason why we can't win this.

I disagree with you on both these subjects. Gardos is unproven against Premier League opposition and isn't in the same class as Alderweireld, and if Targett was near to Bertrand's level he'd be playing more often.

We could still win it though, yes. Stoke are a bit more attacking tonight but we'll probably be as solid as usual in front of the back 4.

I disagree with you on both these subjects. Gardos is unproven against Premier League opposition and isn't in the same class as Alderweireld, and if Targett was near to Bertrand's level he'd be playing more often.

We could still win it though, yes. Stoke are a bit more attacking tonight but we'll probably be as solid as usual in front of the back 4.

He did pretty well against Arsenal, last time I checked they were a PL side.

Thanks for the link. Now I just need to wait an additional hour as I forgot about UK time change last weekend... :)

Nice one LV! At least it wasn't the summer one so you'd have missed the first half.

This sucks doesn't it. It's not on TV. It's outrageous I tell ya!

Our team looks good tonight. Bring it on.

D Ospina, I Hayden, F Coquelin, H Bellerin (C Akpom, 86), J Campbell

...tells me the Arsenal team we beat was not a Premier League side.

But the cost of the players on the pitch far far outstripped the cost of ours. I know that's not a perfect measure but they weren't completely shït

But the cost of the players on the pitch far far outstripped the cost of ours. I know that's not a perfect measure but they weren't completely shït

I didn't say they were, I said Gardos was untested at a Premier League level.