City Build Up Thread

Wiggles31

Forget those stats, only us scoring more goals than City today will matter. It's time for us to make a statement and show we are serious top 4 contenders. Never been so nervous, this is our biggest game in years. Last season we were knocking on the door, now it's time to properly gatecrash the party. COYR!

Draw would be good. Win outstanding. Bit worried if Davies isn't playing though. W-P is our only cover man in that position. Perhaps Harry Reid will step up to the plate?

I think this is a key game. Our individual performances against Villa on Monday were the worst I have seen this season. A good result will keep us firing. This week and next may determine our Europe place at the end of the season.... that and winning the FA Cup :)

They'll also be aware Big Vic is walking a tightrope, one more booking and suspension.

Damn - hadn't realised that. Yaya in particular is a cheating diver and goes to ground way too easily for a big man.

Virtually a 100% chance that Morgan will pick up a yellow today with the amount of tackles he puts in, can't afford to lose both him and Vic for the same match.

Who is the ref today?

Damn - hadn't realised that. Yaya in particular is a cheating diver and goes to ground way too easily for a big man.

Virtually a 100% chance that Morgan will pick up a yellow today with the amount of tackles he puts in, can't afford to lose both him and Vic for the same match.

Who is the ref today?

Hi Eric, we'll be thinking of all you expats today :)

Sunday 30 November 2014

Southampton v Man City

REFEREEMike Jones

ASST. REF. 1. R West

ASST. REF. 2 A Nunn

4TH OFFICIAL P Dowd

Want to go so bad, but seriously hurt my foot last night (not broken, but torn mid-foot tendon) and I can't walk on my right side at all (shame, as I'm a right footed Beckham as well) Not sure how I'm going to make up to row NN...but I may dose myself up with painkillers and try...(stupidly..)

Want to go so bad, but seriously hurt my foot last night (not broken, but torn mid-foot tendon) and I can't walk on my right side at all (shame, as I'm a right footed Beckham as well) Not sure how I'm going to make up to row NN...but I may dose myself up with painkillers and try...(stupidly..)

I reckon if you ask nicely someone near the front would swap with you. Maybe post your block on here and see of anyone offers.

Bring cork in and go back to midfield 3. Drop one of mane or long. Use other as an impact sub.

100% correct. We have to control midfield last game three forwards did not work and it definately won't work today. What does Koeman have against Cork who is a very fine player and somewhat better than the 'famous' JWP.....

Really looking forward to this one, hope it's a good tear up.

Fans need to play their part and make a lot of noise, shouldn't be difficult as if you can't get up for this game then there's something wrong with you.

3-2 to Saints and the Chelsea gap reduced back down to 4 points.

Really looking forward to this one, hope it's a good tear up.

Fans need to play their part and make a lot of noise, shouldn't be difficult as if you can't get up for this game then there's something wrong with you.

3-2 to Saints and the Chelsea gap reduced back down to 4 points.

Unfortunately sunday lunchtimes seem to have poor atmosphere, people with hangovers maybe? I actively avoid going out the night before a match for that exact reason.

So today is when our season really starts, we have done all the prep work and steadied a ship that to many seemed destined to falter at the start of the season. But now the true tests start, and we will see where we are in relation to the big boys.

COYR

It started in August. If we lose today or even lose the next 3 it isn't gonna ruin our season, as long as we can keep the confidence high and keep playing the way we do. Arsenal have made a living out of getting into top 4 and not beating the big boys.

Cork needs to start today if Davis isn't fit. As others have said, midfield 3 of Wanyama, Schneiderlin and Cork with Tadic and Long on either wing. Mane as an impact sub.

It started in August. If we lose today or even lose the next 3 it isn't gonna ruin our season, as long as we can keep the confidence high and keep playing the way we do. Arsenal have made a living out of getting into top 4 and not beating the big boys.

Cork needs to start today if Davis isn't fit. As others have said, midfield 3 of Wanyama, Schneiderlin and Cork with Tadic and Long on either wing. Mane as an impact sub.

We wont get top four unless we get some points over this period. We arent arsenal, we need to keep the confidence up

Proof again that our overall 'squad' is still pretty weak. Desperately need another striker and wide man

If we get even Europa league

We will need 4-5 more players to what we have today. Let alone replacing anyone who leaves

Obviously our academy will provide 1 or 2 of those

But we need another GK, wide player, RB and striker (next season) at least

As for today, I would take a draw where we play well