Man Utd 0-1 Saints Reaction

Lighthouse

MotM vs Manchester United (Away 2014/15)  

497 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Manchester United (Away 2014/15)

• Forster
    • Bertrand
    • Clyne
    • Alderweireld
    • Fonte
    • Schneiderlin
    • Wanyama
    • Davis, S
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Elia
    • Pelle
    • Gardos
    • Tadic
    • Reed

Didn't you say our chances of finishing top six "ended" a couple of weeks ago?

Didn't you repeatedly mock people who said we'd finish top four a few months ago?

Also, didn't you repeatedly praise Tony Pulis' Stoke side as a model for Southampton a couple of years ago?

This "memory" lark is great, innit?

Well, now seems a good time to make my first ever post, so greetings madhouse!

What a result!!! So many times I've seen us play up there and get nothing, ofter deservedly, but today we deserved to win and did - despite the crowd and the ref. Did Pelle get a single decision today?!

Great result, great team, boys became men etc… but seriously its the first time in this old boys time that I'm scarily beginning to believe!

Welcome to the forum Max. Happy days!

Sky coverage really is disgraceful. They are all so desperate for little Southampton not to gatecrash the party and upset the elite. Far too much of a Liverpool and United influence. All summed up by Carragher mentioning that Mane has been great all season, all correct apart from the 6 or 7 games when he was awful. Even when they try to praise us they are clueless. Anyways, what a game, massive praise for Gardos though, looks so assured and dealt with everything thrown at him today.

Sky post-match chat was very positive about Saints.

Nice try.

7.1/10 for effort

Didn't you repeatedly mock people who said we'd finish top four a few months ago?

Also, didn't you repeatedly praise Tony Pulis' Stoke side as a model for Southampton a couple of years ago?

No.

Repeatedly praised Tony Pulis. Arf. I can actually remember the one single post I made that you've built that little myth from. And I didn't even mention him in it.

Being that your entire world view is built on lies, it's lovely you have a special one just for me. Go and find some dead people to accuse of being crisis actors you hateful cretin.

Absolutely immense. Discipline that I've never seen in a Saints team before. None of the crazy harassing and pressing of the MP performance, but equally as hard working, gut busting determination. Add a bit more quality and conviction in the final third and we really really can start dreaming of being in the top 4 come May.

I just wish the fans would get behind us more early on in the game though- it took us scoring to spark us in to life; yes we weren't flying forward, attacking and creating chances, but the players need to hear us through the whole 90 mins.

But nothing will dampen what has been one of the greatest days of my following of Saints. All those 5s and 6s I've seen us spanked by United are forgotten and I'm absolutely buzzing.

Calmed down now, it did race though when they put up an extra 5 minutes to play, did I miss something, I know Fergie was watching so I suppose they felt obliged to add Fergie time.

Just watched the Tadic interview and I love how relaxed the players are - no hype or over excitement. Just an emphasis on focussing on the next game. This is a winning mentality.

Which is the complete opposite to my state of mind at the moment!!

Trollhunter!

Oh, and Blackett is a woeful footballer who will never be good enough for Utd. That he was being talked up to make his England debut after 5 games of the season shows how ridiculous the big clubs are favoured when picking the national team.

Trollhunter!

No.

Repeatedly praised Tony Pulis. Arf. I can actually remember the one single post I made that you've built that little myth from. And I didn't even mention him in it.

Being that your entire world view is built on lies, it's lovely you have a special one just for me. Go and find some dead people to accuse of being crisis actors you hateful cretin.

Gives it.

Cannot take it back.

That's why we love Complete Boll0cks Fry.

I couldn't believe it when Pelle his the post....AGAIN! Love the guy, but he is Postman Pelle.

Postman Pelle, Postman Pelle

I'm not gay but he's a fine looking fella

Early in the morning, when the day is dawning

I knock one out to his poster above my bed

Trollhunter!

Indeed, the Trollhunter General... a Man for all Seasons ;-)

Great win, deserved. I for one was cacking it at the start of the season - conventional wisdom did suggest we would struggle given the volume of changes - and I did not get any confidence from the way Ralph struggled to communicate that all would be OK... we have had a bit of luck, but hats off to all at the club from top to bottom... its so great being wrong ;-)

Watch out, Turkish will be on telling us St Mary's is too big for us in a minute.

We're 9 points, 6 places and +16 GD better than we were at the same stage last year.

Epic. Simply how we've managed to improve on last year is quite incredible. The last 6 years have been a dream as a Southampton fan, a year upon year improvement. The full blueprint on how to run a football club from back to front.

We're 9 points, 6 places and +16 GD better than we were at the same stage last year.

Epic. Simply how we've managed to improve on last year is quite incredible. The last 6 years have been a dream as a Southampton fan, a year upon year improvement.

And we have one man and his daughter to thank....

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/England/Southampton.html

According to this (not yet updated - but can infer nonetheless) - we are mathematically safe from relegation on 39 points. Bizarrely there is a chance of us being relegated on 41 points, but it is very miniscule. So Dalek - we are safe!

These charts always fascinate me.

if we just go 6-6-6 the rest of the way, we have roughly a 50% chance to finish Top 6.

if we go 9-3-6 the rest of the way, we have a 56.8% chance to finish Top 4.

Didn't you say our chances of finishing top six "ended" a couple of weeks ago?

That was last year. Back then I doubted our ability to beat the teams above us. Since then I have been proved wrong. We now have the confidence and belief, we have got through a bad spell and come back even stronger. We have a massive opportunity now, top 4 a possibility and top 6 is ours to throw away now.

Immense stuff. This team is not like Saints of previous years: Koeman has instilled belief and steel into the side. 15 goals conceded all season: incredible stuff.

This team just needs to keep it going until the end of season with no more major blips and there is every chance we could finish top 4.

Incredible stuff and Koeman is an inspiring manager. This club really is well run from top to bottom.