Man Utd 0-1 Saints Reaction

Lighthouse

MotM vs Manchester United (Away 2014/15)  

497 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Manchester United (Away 2014/15)

• Forster
    • Bertrand
    • Clyne
    • Alderweireld
    • Fonte
    • Schneiderlin
    • Wanyama
    • Davis, S
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Elia
    • Pelle
    • Gardos
    • Tadic
    • Reed

the post match thread on redcafe is hilarious apparently we're ****, didn't deserve to win and it's a shock that a lesser club like us should ever be able to beat them http://www.redcafe.net/threads/post-match-vs-southampton.400160/

The entitlement of their plastic/armchair/overseas contingent can't get over it and i think that makes me love what we've achieved even more.

the post match thread on redcafe is hilarious apparently we're ****, didn't deserve to win and it's a shock that a lesser club like us should ever be able to beat them http://www.redcafe.net/threads/post-match-vs-southampton.400160/

The entitlement of their plastic/armchair/overseas contingent can't get over it and i think that makes me love what we've achieved even more.

I cant be arsed trawling through that whole thread, but the first few pages had far more comments about how good we were than how bad they were. Van Gaal's taking some stick on there, how sweet would it be if he got the Moyes treatment.... :) Big Ron would be made up.

It's just been wonderful seeing all the depressed utd fans moping around the office. I can't fathom their sense of entitlement, like they should win just by virtue of being man utd. The same with the rest of the top four mini league. Pfft. Budgeting based on guaranteed CL. I'd love if we took a spot on them. If utd don't make top four I reckon they could start to see financial trouble, lost fans. Could find themselves in league one being saved by a nice Swiss businessman or something

He's better than 99.9% of TV pundits

Gary Neville is exceptional as a pundit and no, I don't agree that he was slagging Saints off regards Morgan on Sunday; he was merely pointing out what all of us on this forum have already said in that he could be a starter in any of the Premier League teams.

I actually think Carragher is getting better too and by that, I simply mean he doesn't have a bias towards Liverpool so much.

Adrian Durham in writing provocative article shocker.... :)

(edit: to be fair, he's often sung our praises too)

Can't see why he calls it a shock win, 4th beats 3rd, must happen everywhere from time to time. They were rubbish at St Mary's and still won, did he write that as well?

Really the press have to accept that our side is just as good as theirs, thing is they paid more for theirs than we did.

When clubs like Utd learn that South Americans aren't always suited to the PL even if they do cost 75 million or whatever it is

then "shock wins" will no longer be overused.

That's a complete load of billhooks. Defending is just as much a part of the game as attacking and didn't Gary Neville say he enjoyed watching that? And how can he say that hitting the post and getting the rebound was lucky? Pellè was aiming for that tight spot between the goalkeeper and the post and was unlucky that it didn't go straight in. Mata's attempts were wide of the goal so therefore his efforts were less skilful than Graziano's.

Load of s***e that, we weren't particularly dour, played some decent passing football and defended well. Just sounds bitter to me.

Trolling of the highest order. Dont fall for it. Sky disagreed with him on the day, plenty of other decent commentators and writers have done so, 5Live were incredibly complimentary about us in a 10 minute analysis last night. This muppet thinks we should have gone all out attack at OT like we did at home v Sunderland, as if there is only one way of playing, no matter who the opposition is. Tells you all you need to know.

Oh crap, now I have fallen for it

Edited by Bucks Saint

omg smirking be reasonable, pelle was outnumbered + unsupported yesterday, he had the most difficult job of all! You have to weight ur ratings against how difficult their job is! I.e. I would only give Fourstar a 3.8 cos its quite easy to make no saves, but Pelle, I would give him at least a 12!

I thought Pelle did a pretty good job, winning virtually every punt up to him - there just weren't any of our players near him to win the knock downs.

He seems to have taken over the SRL role of being given zero protection by referees, yet the slightest use of aggression by him results in a soft free kick.

Just taking a break from enjoying yesterday's result and it does make you wonder how we could only draw with Ipswich in the cup game and that the 1-0 loss at Burnley is a reminder that in this game, anything can happen.

Ipswich also happen to have a great defence which takes a lot to break down. Doesn't bode well for our Newcastle preparation if we are knackered afterwards.

Playing up front in these very tough away games is always a thankless task. A lot of hard work, no change from homer refs and little attacking support from your team mates. You never look good, Osvaldo was the same at OT last season. Lambert against Ukraine was a similar story and there are plenty of others.

even 3 days after the game ...it still feels very satisfying, but does anyone else feel that " the media " have come up with many different excuses /explanations for that result.

The same sort of response has come after the Everton game ....and the Arsenal and Chelsea games.....we weren't really very good ..but they all had " a bad day at the office ".

LVG's claim that we went there " looking for a draw and just got lucky " was a bit sick, when you consider he was forced to admit we were the better side at SMS - despite losing.

Rooney claiming they deserved to win despite not getting a single shot on target....and what excuses can you give for a £150 million side that loses at home....oh yes ...they didn't play their £50 million player.

It seems to many of the " big club " that losing to Southampton is the bottom of the barrel, and although LVG won't lose his job over this one (as did Ron Atkinson all those years ago), it really seems that although clubs are queueing up to buy our best talent, they still don't rate us as a team, and aren't looking closely enough at the League table.

All that mattered for Southampton is the victory and the three points

This is hysterical! Of course all that mattered was the victory and three points, just like that was all that mattered every time we have won this season!!

Durham is a complete c***. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it and am surprised that this prig is still employed by anyone. talk****e - H&J I find amusing, but as soon as Durham at that equally moronic Gough come on, I have to turn the radio off. I take no notice of what he has to say or write, but if he is whinging about us, then that's absolutely fine by me, and if as a neutral he didn't enjoy it, then tough. In fact the more that we bore him the better.

But the reality is, that he is neither very intelligent, nor very knowledgeable about football and certainly not Southampton Football Club. People think that he is a WUM in order to create debate, but that is incorrect. He says stupid things because he is stupid, and too stupid to realise that he is stupid.

Durham is a complete c***. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it and am surprised that this prig is still employed by anyone. talk****e - H&J I find amusing, but as soon as Durham at that equally moronic Gough come on, I have to turn the radio off. I take no notice of what he has to say or write, but if he is whinging about us, then that's absolutely fine by me, and if as a neutral he didn't enjoy it, then tough. In fact the more that we bore him the better.

But the reality is, that he is neither very intelligent, nor very knowledgeable about football and certainly not Southampton Football Club. People think that he is a WUM in order to create debate, but that is incorrect. He says stupid things because he is stupid, and too stupid to realise that he is stupid.

Not one of his admirers then !!!!!!!