Man Utd 0-1 Saints Reaction

Lighthouse

MotM vs Manchester United (Away 2014/15)  

497 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Manchester United (Away 2014/15)

• Forster
    • Bertrand
    • Clyne
    • Alderweireld
    • Fonte
    • Schneiderlin
    • Wanyama
    • Davis, S
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Elia
    • Pelle
    • Gardos
    • Tadic
    • Reed

@DTguardian: Koeman not entirely happy with Tadic - it was "stupid" for him to be booked for removing shirt. "I don't like that and I will tell him."

Could tell from his reaction during the footage of the goal, was going nuts then looked across and looked so disappointed, almost as if the offside flag had gone up.

Beating the plastic mancs at their place, what is better than that (sorry Skates but we really do operate in separate hemispheres in the league status now)?

Well,

leapfrogging them to third adds to it,

RK getting one over Louis Van Moyes

Being well above Lala and Lovren in the league also

And also ahead of Poch & the yids...

all of which makes it even sweeter

'Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal, speaking to Match of the Day: "We played a much better game than Southampton. They were lucky to score out of nothing. That is very disappointing. We didn't create so much but we dominated the game. They came for a draw, I believe, and they go away with a victory, that is disappointing."'

What a c*ck.

.....Let's play the kids against Ipswich... we've got a serious chance in the league.. and can't afford too many more injuries..

I certainly think we should mix it up a bit but not complete kids as i think we should still be taking it reasonably seriously. The likes of Targett, Reed, Corky, Long should play if fit. Think Pelle has to play every game he's fit and not suspended at moment as we haven't got an alternative.

Quote taken out of context. He was actually trying to be very careful not to be disrespectful. He was really just stressing that Morgan is a truly great player. Some of us have known that for years.

not really...he listed all the other teams in the top 8.....

he could have said....'any club in the country / Europe' ...that would have been less offensive.

Well, now seems a good time to make my first ever post, so greetings madhouse!

What a result!!! So many times I've seen us play up there and get nothing, ofter deservedly, but today we deserved to win and did - despite the crowd and the ref. Did Pelle get a single decision today?!

Great result, great team, boys became men etc… but seriously its the first time in this old boys time that I'm scarily beginning to believe!

I certainly think we should mix it up a bit but not complete kids as i think we should still be taking it reasonably seriously. The likes of Targett, Reed, Corky, Long should play if fit. Think Pelle has to play every game he's fit and not suspended at moment as we haven't got an alternative.

Inclined to agree, but an alternative thought might be to leave him out to protect him from another needless booking.

Better still sign up a deputy, either permanently or on loan.

Well, now seems a good time to make my first ever post, so greetings madhouse!

What a result!!! So many times I've seen us play up there and get nothing, ofter deservedly, but today we deserved to win and did - despite the crowd and the ref. Did Pelle get a single decision today?!

Great result, great team, boys became men etc… but seriously its the first time in this old boys time that I'm scarily beginning to believe!

First ever post rating: 7/10

Could have been 9/10 if you had said something really stupid and/or called another poster a bellend.

****ing yes, feels so great to beat those Manc ****s. Koeman is a genius.

It's weird knowing that Champions League football is a very real possibility. Still obviously not favourites but with a bit of luck with injuries and Utd, Arse, Spurs and Liverpool being inconsistent there is a chance.

Edited by aintforever

A win like this comes once every generation,and is very satisfying and I can recall the legendary win at O.T. in 1969 ...with Ron Davies getting all 4 goals.

Team played brilliantly ----like a team, but the most satisfying was hearing LVG boasting in the pre-match press conference that he "only had one player out " and was fielding his strongest side. :lol:

Ronald Koeman must be the happiest manager on the Planet right now.

Could have been 9/10 if you had said something really stupid and/or called another poster a bellend.

IMO all new posters should have to post a picture of a slutty nun to prove they're SaintsWeb material.

Immense, disciplined performance; great team spirit. No Utd shots on goal! Superb tactics from Koeman, superbly executed by our players against a full-strength Utd side who simply did not know how to break us down.

FF did not have a shot on goal to save and dealt with everything else satisfactorily.

Clyne sound game, not as much of an attacking force as usual. Did not dominate against Shaw but rarely got beaten either.

Fonte MOTM for me; did not put a foot wrong and dominated RVP.

Toby good until he went off; hope the injury is not too serious but it did not look good.

Gardos very sound except for a couple of dodgy back passes to FF.

Bertrand had a quiet game and was all at sea against Valencia; like Clyne, not his usual attacking force.

Wanyama steady and disciplined rock in the middle of the park.

Schneiderlin tidied up as he usually does; missed out on a few 50:50 challenges as he usually does.

Davies solid and workmanlike as usual; if he had more pace he would be more of a threat on goal.

JWP had one of his better games in open play and set pieces.

Elia looked lively and once he gets used to the physicality of the EPL will be great. Had the beating of Valencia but maybe did not do enough to protect Bertrand.

Pelle put himself about but got no protection from the ref against the Utd shirtpullers and got a bit dispirited by his bad luck at times. Worked tirelessly until the end.

Tadic gave us the creativity to break through the Utd defence. Took his goal well after setting up Pelle to hit the post. Back to his best.

Reed more dynamic than Davies and added bite to our midfield control.

Ref gave some strange decisions against Pelle and strangely did not see the shirt pulled up Pelle's back at each set-piece. Not a bad game; we've had a lot worse this season and no doubt will again.

All in all a lesson in controlled defensive football.

Great work Saints. Not as exciting to watch and Sydenham, Paine and big Ron but just as satisfying.

Inclined to agree, but an alternative thought might be to leave him out to protect him from another needless booking.

Better still sign up a deputy, either permanently or on loan.

I guess I didn't mean all kids... but for the first time in all my years following Saints...I'm starting to feel like we should focus totally on the league... normally I'd swap a couple of places in the league for a good cup run and a hope of a cup... but suddenly don't feel that way.. between 4th and 6th...

Ok, here goes for my first post...amazing result, we're gonna win the league and Ohio Saint is a bellend...

Saint on red cafe before todays game:

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Koeman is sacked before the end of the season. With their great start expectations rose and people started believing they could get europa league if not champions league. Now that results have gone against them and could easily get zero points causing a serious lack of confidence thus entering them into a downward spiral.

WTFILN

Come on you beautiful beautiful reds... show these money back teams!!!

Sky coverage really is disgraceful. They are all so desperate for little Southampton not to gatecrash the party and upset the elite. Far too much of a Liverpool and United influence. All summed up by Carragher mentioning that Mane has been great all season, all correct apart from the 6 or 7 games when he was awful. Even when they try to praise us they are clueless. Anyways, what a game, massive praise for Gardos though, looks so assured and dealt with everything thrown at him today.

can't believe he just said that.... Life Neville as a pundit but he just went doent a notch for saying that... Listing 7 teams MS might play for.... ****

As much as I like Neville and his usual non bias, I think today hurt a bit for him

It's been a while since my last post here (so little free time, changing jobs and all) but I've been following you guys.

I had to find the time to be able to share the overwhelming joy I've experienced today after the United game.

Part of this is due to the fact that in Romania, pretty much everybody cheers for either Manure or the dippers so I get a bit frustrated when going to the local Pub to watch BPL.

Back to today's game... Awesome performance, tremendous tactics, RK really showing LvG who's "that fella" (as LvG called Koeman in his autobiography)

The whole team deserves a shout out with some special remarks for Fonte (outstanding in the defence), MS (putting tons of pressure on Mata and DiMaria and being able to stand ground just in front of box, providing cover for his CBs) and a particular one for Gardos, who seems to be settling in.

13 out of 15, wins against Arsenal and at OT... Not too shabby, ain't it... :)

Sky coverage really is disgraceful. They are all so desperate for little Southampton not to gatecrash the party and upset the elite. Far too much of a Liverpool and United influence. All summed up by Carragher mentioning that Mane has been great all season, all correct apart from the 6 or 7 games when he was awful. Even when they try to praise us they are clueless. Anyways, what a game, massive praise for Gardos though, looks so assured and dealt with everything thrown at him today.

Don't be a bell end , the post chat was extremely positive. Full of praise, particularly contrasting our midfield and tactics to arsenals. Did you not see the piece about José ?

As for the game Ron out tacticed LVG. Different class, , spot on .

Didn't you say our chances of finishing top six "ended" a couple of weeks ago?