Man Utd 0-1 Saints Reaction

Lighthouse

MotM vs Manchester United (Away 2014/15)  

497 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Manchester United (Away 2014/15)

• Forster
    • Bertrand
    • Clyne
    • Alderweireld
    • Fonte
    • Schneiderlin
    • Wanyama
    • Davis, S
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Elia
    • Pelle
    • Gardos
    • Tadic
    • Reed

These charts always fascinate me.

if we just go 6-6-6 the rest of the way, we have roughly a 50% chance to finish Top 6.

if we go 9-3-6 the rest of the way, we have a 56.8% chance to finish Top 4.

Quite - and remember - one of those wins is out of the way as it is not yet updated! Of course, stats like these do ignore how unlikely most of the scenarios are to happen, but still it's nice to know that if we got certain points level where we should be - probably safest to assume at the middleish somewhere!

We're 9 points, 6 places and +16 GD better than we were at the same stage last year.

Epic. Simply how we've managed to improve on last year is quite incredible. The last 6 years have been a dream as a Southampton fan, a year upon year improvement. The full blueprint on how to run a football club from back to front.

What about goals conceded? It is incredible, we've got a lot of the tougher fixtures out of the way now, other than City or Chelsea away we are capable of getting maximum points in every game. At this stage now, there's no reason we can't keep going on as we have been. Just wondering now what sort of points total will be required for 4th, can't imagine it will be a lot more than 70

I'm still travelling home having managed to only catch the second half in a pub. This is because I was driving to the game when my car died, and I spent the following 5 hours in the cab of a tow truck on the way back home. I'm such a mix of delighted with the win, and devastated that I missed it.

OK what idiot left RK's name off the MotM list?

Oh what a night. Late December back in '63 or so it seemed before Tadic.

I went down the Pub wearing my Shirt thinking something special could happen but deep down not believing it. In my defence I did warn Mrs D_P I would be late IF we won.

Great turn out by Dubai Saints tonight and even our Jonah was THERE FFS we'll never hear the last of it! Spoke to my mate on the way home in the taxi & he had had 8 phone calls all with a different MotM.

So, as I can't vote for RK, and although I thought Fonte was immense, tonight my MotM was Gardos. What a prospect he looks. 2 yards behind Valencia & he made a block, same in the 2nd half.

Elia. What a debut. Kind of a solid Mane. All the rest? Unbefarkingleivable. Absolutely buzzing. Hi 5's from every other football fan from every other club on the way out the Pub.

Oh and this,

Champions League? We're 'avin' a larf

Jimmy Bullard@jimmybullard 3h3 hours ago

Not sure if this Southampton mob are going away.

Magnificent stuff. Currently watching Barca, hoping they hold on to their 2-0 lead so they don't get twitchy and go after our manager - it's a weird world we're living in!

Fonte my MoM, I like the way he's getting some much deserved love here tonight. Though I'd put JWP not far behind for the job he did on Carrick today which was IMO key to stopping ManU from creating all that much. His defensive qualities are not always the first thing that get talked about, but he put a real shift in today and I hope he keeps it up. MS and VW both marvellous as usual also.

Incredible defensive display. That is a real team.

Loved the fact that in a performance of such professionalism, precision and discipline, our winning goal was scored by a sub who didn't bother to bring his shirt or shin pads with him on the bench.

I'm sure like many I have had a drink tonight to celebrate something that happens only once and a while....a mighty Saints win at one of the 'homes of football'

Worthy of a post to say WTFILN and we really are a proper club in this madness of a Premiership

So looking forward to going to work on a Monday morning and just saying 'look who is 3rd in the table' after all the crap about the bubble bursting in December....

Maybe just maybe people might start to take us seriously now as a team that shakes up the routine crap of the big clubs sharing out all the bloody glory !

Koeman you really are a God !!

Watching on the laptop I could not believe LVG's naive tactic of bringing on Fellaini and basically telling his team to hoof it up to him. That just played into our hands. Surely any research on Southampton will tell him we are very strong defensively and you have to be lucky to beat us with hoof-ball.

Not that I give a toss to be honest...:-D

Koeman has taken us to another level,I can't believe I thought losing MP was a disaster :mcinnes:

Elia looks like he may have potential,skinned a few UTD players today with ease,cant wait til he is 100% match fit will cause oppos problems

With Toby out for x amount of weeks what do are CB options look like ?

I was just looking at those pics on twitter thinking exact same thing, looks miserable and like doesn't want to be there in both pics.

He is French remember. I have no idea how upset he might be at this week's news but I could understand if he wasn't feeling too happy right now.

G

He is French remember. I have no idea how upset he might be at this week's news but I could understand if he wasn't feeling too happy right now.

Looks like he is looking at his phone in the pic on the plane.

Amazing result today, what a disciplined performance, love the team spirit. Liked the look of Elia, tracked back well and skinned a couple of defenders too.

Thought Fonts was immense.

Pellè very good again, he wins so much in the air, always looking to move the ball and get into position, takes so much abuse from the other team, deserved a goal.