Fixtures out tomorrow - who will we get first game?

Nearly right. Legally and episcopally, it cannot be Sunday. That's the only time it moves to 27th. Saturday is fine. Trust me, I'm a geek when it comes to things like this.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

So in that situation the 25th and 26th are both on the weekend... so 27th and 28th are the Bank Holidays. If boxing day is on the 27th, then what's the 28th for!? Is that now xmas day? *brain explodes*

So in that situation the 25th and 26th are both on the weekend... so 27th and 28th are the Bank Holidays. If boxing day is on the 27th, then what's the 28th for!? Is that now xmas day? *brain explodes*

http://www.gov.uk gives these sorts of Bank Holidays as 'Christmas Day (substitute day)' or 'Boxing Day (substitute day)'

Does it really matter what these Bank Holidays are called? Historically the 27th might have been called Boxing Day but the modern usage is to call the 26th December always as Boxing Day. Old farts might very well differ but they will eventually fade away and die out. It's what old farts do. :wave:

I've written the League fixtures in my diary, but not sure I should have bothered since so many will be changed for TV and Europa. When will we know the TV changes? For Europa think I'll just wait until we know what actual teams we are playing. I appreciate the slots are known but can't be arsed to note them down. I'll just keep an eye on here and The9's posts!

Me and my Grandad are going to the Dylan concert on the 30th and were hoping for a home game that weekend so we could stay in the city and get to the match, Bournemouth home on the 31st is perfect!

Good chance it may be moved for TV, either to later on Saturday evening, Sunday afternoon or Monday night.

Please someone help out an old git who still thinks even television is a bit modern. Last year I clocked in some whizzy link and it automatically put the fixtures into my electronic diaryon my phone. I've no idea where I got that from! Does anyone know where/when/if I can do the same this year?

Please someone help out an old git who still thinks even television is a bit modern. Last year I clocked in some whizzy link and it automatically put the fixtures into my electronic diaryon my phone. I've no idea where I got that from! Does anyone know where/when/if I can do the same this year?

http://skysports.tv/HuoqIF

It's a bit of a tricky start, if we're honest. Newcastle with a new manager, they'll want a new manager bounce for sure. Everton will be better than last year, not ever a given. And you've then got 2 promoted sides, who I prefer to avoid until a few more weeks into the season. They'll still have their momentum and confidence, so will be every bit as dangerous as other teams.

I like the way the 'big sides' aren't all clumped together this year, it's quite a balanced stretch of fixtures in that sense. Our run-in isn't ''too bad'', if we're up there competing with the Everton's/Spurs etc then we have some good 6 pointers there - maybe.

Also interesting note about the 'potential' after Europe fixtures. In effect, we may not be as worse off - as you'd never guarantee those games as wins anyway. And it's likley that they'll be playing on the back of a European game too. It would have been more damaging if the games after Europe were against the WHU/Stokes/Evertons etc. So all in all, could have been a lot worse.

Edited by S-Clarke

Happy with this. First 5 games will be season defining as we could be top, or we could have a mare and spend months crapping ourselves like Dalek!

Fixtures are released to the clubs and bookies at 8am btw - I was at a Premier League club on Monday and they confirmed they get them an hour early so not a massive surprise on some of the leaks.

Having said that, we need to get as many points as possible before Christmas before our form drops off.

just had a closer look. Our fixtures are alright to be fair.

Bournemouth have a horrendous run-in

Liverpool have a tough start

Bournemouth's run in is a total stinker......but who knows? If they are down there, no game is a dead-rubber for them. Weird result's time.

Bournemouth's run in is a total stinker......but who knows? If they are down there, no game is a dead-rubber for them. Weird result's time.

They could do a Newcastle and get enough points from their earlier fixtures to stay up, despite dropping like a stone at the end.

Is it just me, or does the new premier league table just look weird - Arsenal, Aston Villa, Bournemouth,... Still looks like a massive typo. Hope they don't get too embarrassed - as long we get 6 points from them

Also, will we just move the Watford away game to the Sunday now, or actually wait until 15 days before the fixture to make the Sunday official?

We have to get through the 3Q round at the end of July / beginning of August before we know for certain that we will have a play off round match to play ahead of the Watford game.

We have to get through the 3Q round at the end of July / beginning of August before we know for certain that we will have a play off round match to play ahead of the Watford game.
Yes, I know that, but due to a) the high likelihood of us getting through and b) the short-notice between the 2nd 3rd round game and the Watford match I thought they might just move the Watford game to the Sunday now. I'm working off it being the Sunday anyway.