Fixtures out tomorrow - who will we get first game?

Much more even spread this year. Home on Boxing Day and last day, a few "winnable" looking games early on and a match against mid table to start. Can't complain with that at all. Fairly tricky run in but by no means a nightmare.

Some tough fixtures following Europa League match days if we make it in to the group stage:

Group stage, matchday one 17/09/15

Southampton v Man Utd Sat 19 Sep

Group stage, matchday two 01/10/15

Chelsea v Southampton Sat 3 Oct

Group stage, matchday three 22/10/15

Liverpool v Southampton Sat 24 Oct

Group stage, matchday five 26/11/15

Man City v Southampton Sat 28 Nov

Ouch!

Some tough fixtures following Europa League match days if we make it in to the group stage:

well spotted

But on the other hand at least those teams would have played midweek as well

Home on 26th December is great news. Gutted I'll miss Watford away due to being at a festival. other than that it's all good though.

Are there no cheap trains to Newcastle now since Virgin took over the east coast line? Flights are expensive.

Also I can't see any really bad runs where we have 3-4 tough fixtures in a row

Exactly. Good opportunity to pick up points throughout the season.

If we can get off to a good start again then no reason not to do as well as last year IMO. It will be important to manage the European matches sensibly though.

Tough, but I'd rather the Europa league made life harder for games that we could well lose anyway. In addition, the opposition here will also have midweek fixtures, I think?

Don't think much of the opening fixture, Newcastle will be on the backs of the team after a few weeks but they might be a little more supportive in week 1.

But worth it! You can get there in 45 mins on a plane. 6+hours on a train and even longer on a coach!

I normally fly from Bristol because it's much cheaper even when petrol is factored in.

If we are away the Thursday before I'll go to that and give it a miss anyway. 2 expensive trips in a week is a bit much!

Just of the face of it. decent set of fixtures.

away for the start for the 4th season running. but cant see many problems with horrendous runs. Obviously, not had a look when the europa league games are played.

Bournemouth have a very tough end to their season mind

Is there confirmation of when tv games will be announced? Heard a rumour of a week's time, but would be good to know for definite.

Newcastle first up is a tough one, new manager and I reckon they'll bring in a few decent signings.

Watford away will still be tough, early enough for them to have the newly promoted bounce.

Quite happy with the fixtures after potential Europa League group games, few away games we'd probably lose anyway.

away for the start for the 4th season running. but cant see many problems with horrendous runs. Obviously, not had a look when the europa league games are played.

There's something odd about us having been away first game now for 4 seasons running. Its not supposed to be pot luck, they always were supposed to even it up, can only think we have requested an away game for one or more of those seasons (not necessarily this one). That said the fixtures are decent, don't have any problem with the first fixture, just odd. I wonder exactly how many of our home games will get changed to Sunday or Monday, not that I care any more since I will be retired after this week.

Nice fixtures. Annoying we're away again for the first game of the season but pleased we're at home for the last game. Arse on 26th December is great and I can also have a lie in at new year. There's only one time where we play any of the top 4 back to back - Man U and Arse both away on 23rd Jan and 2nd Feb respectively and there's still over a week between the game.

Obviously it won't be easy as it never is, we'll probably lose a winnable game before a top 4 side on the face of it the fixtures look decent

There's something odd about us having been away first game now for 4 seasons running. Its not supposed to be pot luck, they always were supposed to even it up, can only think we have requested an away game for one or more of those seasons (not necessarily this one). That said the fixtures are decent, don't have any problem with the first fixture, just odd. I wonder exactly how many of our home games will get changed to Sunday or Monday, not that I care any more since I will be retired after this week.

If we get to the group stage of the Europa League, we'll have 6 of our first 7 away games rearranged, and three home games.

Newcastle (A)

Watford (A)

Norwich (H)

Man United (H)

Chelsea (A)

Liverpool (A)

Sunderland (A)

Man City (A)

Aston Villa (H)

The only away game between August and the start of December that would still be on a Saturday (unless, of course, it's picked for TV) would be West Brom. The next would be Palace on 12th December :spaz:

In terms of fixture oddity, Everton have been at home to Liverpool before the game at Anfield in 13 of the last 14 seasons. Now that is a weird statistical quirk!

Could actually be a positive. If you're knackered its better to be away to teams you might expect to lose against anyway than teams you should be beating.

Boxing Day is the 26th Dec, whether it be Saturday or Sunday or Monday or whatever, and no hocus pocus technical jargon will make me change my mind on that.

First time I've known a dictionary described that way :)

(and, yes, I will shut the **** up about it now.... probably ;) )

If Southampton progress through to the Europa League group stages, the following fixtures will be played on a Sunday or Monday (more likely Sunday):

Newcastle (away) - Sunday 9th or Monday 10th August (this is guaranteed to be moved)

Watford (away) - Sunday 23rd or Monday 24th August

Norwich (home) - Sunday 30th or Monday 31st August

Manchester United (home) - Sunday 20th or Monday 21st September

Chelsea (away) - Sunday 4th or Monday 5th October

Liverpool (away) - Sunday 25th or Monday 26th October

Sunderland (away) - Sunday 8th or Monday 9th November

Man City (away) - Sunday 29th or Monday 30th November

Crystal Palace (away) - Sunday 13th or Monday 14th December

So all other fixtures up to then won't be moved then? After TV games are announced of course.

Thats good though I would not expect to win many of those

Tough, but I'd rather the Europa league made life harder for games that we could well lose anyway. In addition, the opposition here will also have midweek fixtures, I think?

Don't think much of the opening fixture, Newcastle will be on the backs of the team after a few weeks but they might be a little more supportive in week 1.

Perfect - much better than facing winnable games against lesser teams....they'll be write offs anyway!

Boxing Day is the 26th Dec, whether it be Saturday or Sunday or Monday or whatever, and no hocus pocus technical jargon will make me change my mind on that.

Nearly right. Legally and episcopally, it cannot be Sunday. That's the only time it moves to 27th. Saturday is fine. Trust me, I'm a geek when it comes to things like this.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk