Schneiderlin Joins Manchester United (Official)

Bewildered

Do you honestly think Spurs will come anywhere near our valuation? Not Levy's style. Quite apart from the fact that, for all their posturing, Spuds are in the Europa League not the CL.

I doubt that anyone is going to come near our valuation. There are players who are as good or nearly as good available for less and we'll not mug clubs off as we did last season. We might get 24'ish but that's about it. If we insist on 27-30 then the player will still be here next season.

Think you're right

Can't say no to MoPo and Levy apparently

Even worse next season when Ronald moves on, 'cos he won't want to stay at a Club with minimal AMBITION will he ?

You embarrassed yourself last season then hid under a rock for most of the season. You're trolling is poor, you'll just embarrass yourself again so you may as well go into hiding again and let your other user come out to play.

Edited by Saint_Ash

You embarrassed yourself last season then his under a rock for most of the season. You're trolling is poor, you'll just embarrass yourself again so you may as well go into hiding again and let your other user come out to play.

Give him credit though S_A, it must be difficult for Richmond to type with SaintGeorge's balls banging against his chin.

Yeah, I've just had a quick look on there actually. Quite stunned to see how 'meh' they'd be if they signed Bastian rather than Morgan...! Shows how highly Morgan is thought of by opposition fans. They may well get both....what a flaming midfield that would be if they did.

I don't agree with what you say at all.

edit, oh ****...

I doubt that anyone is going to come near our valuation. There are players who are as good or nearly as good available for less and we'll not mug clubs off as we did last season. We might get 24'ish but that's about it. If we insist on 27-30 then the player will still be here next season.

Fine by me [emoji3]

With the news that BS is about to sign for Utd, I have a horrible sinking feeling that Spurs will come in for MS. If they do, he'll be off.

Do you honestly think Spurs will come anywhere near our valuation? Not Levy's style. Quite apart from the fact that, for all their posturing, Spuds are in the Europa League not the CL.

This is not going to end well for us, or the player. Someone is going to be disappointed.

Agree that in MU go for Schweinsteiger then they won't want Morgan. If Spurs are the only bidders, they won't offer anything around £25M. If Morgan wants to go, having lowered his expectations for Europa League (which he could get with us now) do we then accept a lower bid, £20M at the most, or do we decline their offer and keep a disenchanted player??

This is not going to end well for us, or the player. Someone is going to be disappointed.

Agree that in MU go for Schweinsteiger then they won't want Morgan. If Spurs are the only bidders, they won't offer anything around £25M. If Morgan wants to go, having lowered his expectations for Europa League (which he could get with us now) do we then accept a lower bid, £20M at the most, or do we decline their offer and keep a disenchanted player??

... or do we keep said player who knows what the valuation is and gives every impression of being willing to stay if no-one comes in with said agreed valuation. Why will he be disenchanted? He has 2 more years on his contract and is seemingly more likely to stay now than he was last season.

I do wish people would stop trying to get rid of our best player, when the best solution all round is that he stays with Southampton. If he only had one year left on his contract the situation would be slightly different. My guess is that he will still be here when we start our EL campaign, it will be interesting to see then whether he is named in the (EL) squad.

Morgan himself stated he wants to be playing CL football, not sitting at home watching it, going to Spurs isn't likely to fulfil that desire, unless they have an amazing season and one of the top four screw up in some way. Deschamp wants his players in CL sides, can we see Spurs doing that in the next few years? I guess anything is possible but would you bet on it? Chelsea, City, Man U and Arsenal are going to get stronger and stronger. By staying with us he at least leaves himself open to a CL team coming in for him at some point, by going to Spurs he's basically consigning himself to Europa football for the foreseeable future, with less chance of a move away from them.

We shouldn't even consider a bid from Spurs on principal, don't strengthen a rival, especially one coached by Poch.

Edited by Chalkboy

Think you're right

Can't say no to MoPo and Levy apparently

Even worse next season when Ronald moves on, 'cos he won't want to stay at a Club with minimal AMBITION will he ?

cant so no to MoPo and Levy? You do know that A Madrid sold Toby to Spurs and not us don't you? Who else have we sold to Spurs?

As for no ambition - :mcinnes: You are going to look very silly when Ron sees out his contract.

Think Utd will still get Morgan.

Sschweinsteiger isn't a like for like player.

Isn't he? I thought his favoured position was DM (deep laying play maker basically a better version of Stevie G) but Pep has been playing him further forward which is one of the reasons he is happy to go to Man U because Van Gaal will play him in his favoured position.

UNITED STILL IN FOR SCHNEIDERLIN

Manchester United may be on the verge of adding to their midfield ranks with a deal for Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger but according to Sky sources, the club are still interested in bringing Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin to Old Trafford.

UNITED STILL IN FOR SCHNEIDERLIN

Manchester United may be on the verge of adding to their midfield ranks with a deal for Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger but according to Sky sources, the club are still interested in bringing Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin to Old Trafford.

Would that be the same sky sources that said Toby would sign for Saints and Spuds on the same day. I think we can ignore. Man U if they have got BS.

They'll have a hell of a lot of options if he signs, best midfield they've had in a long time. Hopefully he signs as a start though, and not just someone who will be on t he bench.

Be kind of ironic if Morgan moves to Man U and then misses out on the euros because he's been playing back up to Schweinsteiger and Carrick. Think Morgan should look to Delph as an example.........:D

Be kind of ironic if Morgan moves to Man U and then misses out on the euros because he's been playing back up to Schweinsteiger and Carrick. Think Morgan should look to Delph as an example.........:D

Carrick and Schweinsteiger hardly managed 30 games between them last season. Both pretty injury prone nowadays..

Carrick and Schweinsteiger hardly managed 30 games between them last season. Both pretty injury prone nowadays..

They've got Blind as well. He looks pretty tidy in midfield. Not sure what signing Morgan will mean for Luke Shaw though.

Thats my point though, where does Shaw fit in? He'll end up being a 30 million pound bench warmer if he doesn't turn it on next year!

Being an American, my first response was that he had not gained that much weight.

hahahahhahahahahaahahahaha no chance those ****ers have spent their budget this summer

Going to Spurs would be an awful move for Morgan. They won't break into the top 4 any time soon and Levy would probably force him to stay at Spurs for 3/4 seasons at least, no matter who comes calling.

According to this forum Toby was a top 4 player. Morgan is , so surely if they keep buying top 4 players they'll become a top 4 club. I don't particularly like spurs but what's wrong with ambition and wanting to sign better players than they have now? If they get Morgan and keep the keeper , they'll have a pretty decent side, certainly a lot better than ours .

Morgan would go to Spurs even though they are not in the CL. The issue is the fee

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Another issue should be Saints refusing to improve the most direct rival we had last season.

Would be astonished if we sold him to Spurs even if they offered the 25m.

According to this forum Toby was a top 4 player. Morgan is , so surely if they keep buying top 4 players they'll become a top 4 club. I don't particularly like spurs but what's wrong with ambition and wanting to sign better players than they have now? If they get Morgan and keep the keeper , they'll have a pretty decent side, certainly a lot better than ours .

Although they have achieved fourth place finishes twice in recent years, under none other than old Bollock Chops of Sandbanks, I can't see him going there.