Schneiderlin Joins Manchester United (Official)

Bewildered

At training today Schneiderlin was the perfect professional and did everything with a smile on his face.

Please stop making up such rubbish that he's unhappy. Yes he wants to play CL, but he also respects the situation and more importantly Ronald Koeman and Southampton FC.

TBF I don't think anyone is saying rubbish. He's a good lad and I think he learnt from last summer, he obviously had his own meltdown last summer as well - as he was seeing everyone leave. I think he knows the clubs place and I think he accepts that. We're happy to sell if A) someone pays enough and B) they're a CL club. If none of those occurs, he's not going to strop I wouldn't have thought. The only position it will weaken is our own, as I can't see him signing a new deal...so his value will drop. From the clubs POV, if he's not going to sign, they're probably keen to get the best fee they can for him right now.

. If United don't match our valuation, we will almost certainly compromise given lack of outside suitors. r.

Really? My impression is that If United don't meet our valuation, whatever that is, he will be going nowhere. What that figure is, only we know, but It will be less than we are publicly asking and more than United are currently offering.

We are not actually looking to flog him, we are just more up front these days in terms of admitting that every player has a price.

Ive never been convinced by Monks "ITK" status. He seems to say alot without ever really saying anything. Hes been that way for 2 years now. Not seen anything from him that 1) comes true or 2) hasnt been in the papers for weeks

The comments on Spider again seem completely made up

Still here Glasgow? And bitter that someone is actually ITK. Oh how you've been missed :lol:

I feel really sorry for Morgan, I just wish Arsenal would come in with a bid of £25m for him, he really doesn't want to go to Man U. Do you think he is stalling the deal waiting for Arsenal to come in with a late bid for him, I am sure that is where he wants to be.

I feel really sorry for Morgan, I just wish Arsenal would come in with a bid of £25m for him, he really doesn't want to go to Man U. Do you think he is stalling the deal waiting for Arsenal to come in with a late bid for him, I am sure that is where he wants to be.

I'm sure he'd be able to cope with a £100k+ p/w contract at Man Utd.

FFS get a grip and direct your sympathy towards a more deserving cause, poor old Morgan, they player who wants to LEAVE the club you claim to support and you want to help him along on his way. Who cares who he ends up with, if he leaves he's no longer our player just another member of the opposition on the pitch.

Unfortunately I am not as bitter or small minded as some on here and can appreciate the work and years Morgan has given to us. I want him to succeed in wherever he ends up, obviously would love him to stay here but we know that is not going to happen.

Unfortunately I am not as bitter or small minded as some on here and can appreciate the work and years Morgan has given to us. I want him to succeed in wherever he ends up, obviously would love him to stay here but we know that is not going to happen.

That, plus you really rather fancy a bit of him.

There is no way anyone seriously feels really sorry for Morgan Schneiderlin in his current situation.

If your boyfriend/husband f*cks off with bother women would you thank him for all the effort he had put into your relationship, hope he is happy with his new piece and you can feel this way as you knew that he was always going to leave you once a more attractive woman showed a bit of interest in him?

Can't wait til Schneiderlin finally leaves you pathetic idiots. He deserves better than a selling club, and he'll get that at Man United.

By the way, thanks for Aldy!

2A54A70700000578-3153262-image-a-11_1436347678410.jpg

Neither can I, it'll mean we can hurry up and get a replacement in. Won't be to you saddoes though will it?

My favourite Spurs zing in the transfer market:

“I don’t know if it was Gerry Francis who paid, but it’s true the day I arrived in England I first went to White Hart Lane. I had a meeting with Mr Sugar and they made me an offer.

“Two hours later they ordered me a black cab, it was pre-paid, and I went to see Arsene Wenger at his place. When I arrived he was with David Dein, and two hours later I’d given my word to Arsenal”

Petit signing for Arsenal instead of Spurs.

any player that leaves us now that we are in the top flight and challenging for UEFA spots can ****ing do one (unless we have released them). I don't wish them well. I hope they are ****ing useless, because if they do play well they are most likely to help their teams come above us.

Having said that I know why they leave and I would likely do the same in their shoes (although the legacy and love you get from fans from being at a single club might tempt me otherwise) - doesn't mean I have to like it.

No we don't. The way things are going it is beginning to look a distinct possibility. Man U prefer Bastian Schweinsteiger, and are unwilling to pay the asking price until at least they know what is happening there. Arsenal have lost interest, because they no longer need him. No-one else has even been mentioned apart from Spuds, and Morgan is only going for CL football. People need to get used to the the idea that our best player may actually be staying, and that is the best thing that can happen.

Now, expect to see the transfer wrapped up before the end of the day:)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3156791/Bastian-Schweinsteiger-agrees-three-year-deal-Manchester-United-Bayern-Munich-prepare-midfielder-s-exit.html

Has to be true if it is in the Mail. So what future does Morgan have?

Wants to stay in PL and only sign for CL (guess we'll see if that is the case soon enough).

Chelsea seemingly have no interest.

Man City neither (which I find strange as they are trying to sing as many HG players as possible)

Man Utd, might still come in

Arsenal seem content with Coquelin.

Don't get why Utd want Schweinstieger (sp?) so much... Not exactly a signing with a long term view, on a downward trajectory and he's guna be on big wages (though I guess they can afford it!).

Looks like they've been using Morgan in order to hurry this move through. I feel a bit for Morgan, but if it means we keep hold of him for another year then I'd take that

Don't get why Utd want Schweinstieger (sp?) so much... Not exactly a signing with a long term view, on a downward trajectory and he's guna be on big wages (though I guess they can afford it!).

Looks like they've been using Morgan in order to hurry this move through. I feel a bit for Morgan, but if it means we keep hold of him for another year then I'd take that

You don't get why United want World Cup winning, multiple domestic title winning and champions league winning, schweinstiger?

Not sure why? Hmmmmnnn

You don't get why United want World Cup winning, multiple domestic title winning and champions league winning, schweinstiger?

Not sure why? Hmmmmnnn

I gave my reasons in my post....

By your criteria why don't they try and get Zidane out of retirement?

I gave my reasons in my post....

By your criteria why don't they try and get Zidane out of retirement?

Because zidane has retired. The other chap is 30 years old.

United do not need to worry about resale value. They are rolling in it

Hmm, interesting developments with Bastian. I personally have always loved him as a player, been a little injury prone the last few years, but easily one of the best midfield players over the last 5-10 years. Up there with the Xavi's/Ineista's for influence on the team.

They're putting a hell of a lot of money down for him though, I think he's been there number 1 target all along. Then you look at their options. Fellani, Herrara, Carrick, Bastian, Mata, Blind. They may want Morgan 'as well', but I don't see why. Plenty of good options there.

I guess the only thing now is if Arsenal will revive their interest. Vidal seems to be their number 1 target in that position. Man City? they seem hell bent on getting Pogba and will probably put all their energy into that.

My worst fear is that we get to the last few days of the window, and a big club panics and throws the money. That leave's us no time what so ever to replace the most crucial component in our team. I think we should set some sort of internal deadline - if they haven't gone in by x date, then sit tight and prepare to be with us again this season. Maybe he will realise that he's not as in-demand as he assumed, seems to be on a lot of clubs lists....but not first choice by any means.

Hmm, interesting developments with Bastian. I personally have always loved him as a player, been a little injury prone the last few years, but easily one of the best midfield players over the last 5-10 years. Up there with the Xavi's/Ineista's for influence on the team.

They're putting a hell of a lot of money down for him though, I think he's been there number 1 target all along. Then you look at their options. Fellani, Herrara, Carrick, Bastian, Mata, Blind. They may want Morgan 'as well', but I don't see why. Plenty of good options there.

I guess the only thing now is if Arsenal will revive their interest. Vidal seems to be their number 1 target in that position. Man City? they seem hell bent on getting Pogba and will probably put all their energy into that.

My worst fear is that we get to the last few days of the window, and a big club panics and throws the money. That leave's us no time what so ever to replace the most crucial component in our team. I think we should set some sort of internal deadline - if they haven't gone in by x date, then sit tight and prepare to be with us again this season. Maybe he will realise that he's not as in-demand as he assumed, seems to be on a lot of clubs lists....but not first choice by any means.

Reading redcafe and they're pretty lukewarm on him. The love-in for morgan, by contrast, is pretty astonishing.

Reading redcafe and they're pretty lukewarm on him. The love-in for morgan, by contrast, is pretty astonishing.

Yeah, I've just had a quick look on there actually. Quite stunned to see how 'meh' they'd be if they signed Bastian rather than Morgan...! Shows how highly Morgan is thought of by opposition fans. They may well get both....what a flaming midfield that would be if they did.

I've always thought that the utd fans that post on redcafe are quite level headed and talk sense, so i'm not surprised they rate Morgan highly. He'd be perfect for them. Lets hop LVG doesn't want sweinsteiger and Morgan!

I hope he goes this window how much would he be worth next year with only a year left?

£15m maybe? It depends a bit on whether there is more than one club after him. £10m for one year's service from a midfielder like MS isn't necessarily bad value for money.

It's getting a bit inteteresting. If he doesn't get his move to United. I know Spurs are interested still and that Morgan would go there despite his CL comments but there's very little chance of them meeting our valuation.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I hope he goes this window how much would he be worth next year with only a year left?

It's also about the value to the team. MS isn't even at his peak yet. Another season with him and Vic in front of the back 4 more or less guarantees us a top 8 finish imo. That allows us to continue to attract up and coming talent and top youngsters in to the Accademy. Difficult to value that.

On the other hand, £27m will allow us to invest in a quality replacement not yet proven in the EPL so in a year or two we can lighten the wallet of those mugs desperate to buy success in their chase after Chelsea and Man City.

Can't wait til Schneiderlin finally leaves you pathetic idiots. He deserves better than a selling club, and he'll get that at Man United.

By the way, thanks for Aldy!

2A54A70700000578-3153262-image-a-11_1436347678410.jpg

Maybe not as Bastian Schweinsteiger close to Manchester United move

It's getting a bit inteteresting. If he doesn't get his move to United. I know Spurs are interested still and that Morgan would go there despite his CL comments but there's very little chance of them meeting our valuation.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I could see that happening. Doesn't seem to be quite the queue for his services that was maybe anticipated. At least not at the fee SFC are looking to command.

With the news that BS is about to sign for Utd, I have a horrible sinking feeling that Spurs will come in for MS. If they do, he'll be off.

Do you honestly think Spurs will come anywhere near our valuation? Not Levy's style. Quite apart from the fact that, for all their posturing, Spuds are in the Europa League not the CL.

With the news that BS is about to sign for Utd, I have a horrible sinking feeling that Spurs will come in for MS. If they do, he'll be off.

Think you're right

Can't say no to MoPo and Levy apparently

Even worse next season when Ronald moves on, 'cos he won't want to stay at a Club with minimal AMBITION will he ?