Schneiderlin Joins Manchester United (Official)

Bewildered

£20m offer was just £15M upfront where as Saints will only fell for £20M upfront minumum with £4M add ons that are not a ****take.

CIw6I0xWUAA9irc.jpg

Fair enough. Gotta make back the money from those bargain season tickets somewhere.

I heard that he's pretty much done but its got something to do with adidas and the new kit is the reason he hasn't been announced yet. Dunno, could be wrong :-/

Don't see why a new kit would stop them from signing someone, they signed depay after all

I heard that he's pretty much done but its got something to do with adidas and the new kit is the reason he hasn't been announced yet. Dunno, could be wrong :-/

Don't see why a new kit would stop them from signing someone, they signed depay after all

Schneiderlin wears adidas boots, Man U can't wear their adidas kit until the first game of the season because Nike insisted on continuing to provide kit right up until the start of the season, guessing adidas would like an adidas player to be unveiled in adidas boots along with the new kit.

But the timescale makes that preeeeetty silly in terms of his pre-season. :D

Would we be looking for a deal that might include a player from them? I think we inquired about Adnan Januzaj once.

These player swap deals are reported/rumoured constantly every single transfer window, but they very rarely actually happen.

Edited by Saint_clark

These player swap deals are reported/rumoured constantly every single transfer window, but they very rarely actually happened.

Very true. This one got a little bit closer than normal, because we had to do some "ear lobe checking" a few weeks ago when he was spotted locally.

It's never a transfer window without that.

I have a feeling that this transfer, if it happens, will go to the wire. I think Morgan will be doing pre season with us

Yep, and then when he finally goes, they will say how he's so unfit so as to justify him being on the bench for a prolonged period.

Is Morgan as good as we all think?? I will admit to having my saints tinted specs on and I reckon he is potentially world class,his stats dont lie and he has been the most consistent CDM for the past 2 seasons but yet no real bids have come in ????

For someone that age,homegrown and proven in the prem why has he not been snapped up he is ready made for utd or Arsenal yet neither seem keen at all,UTD may be low balling but it is looking clear that he is going to be there 2nd choice after Schweinsteiger.

Just seems bizarre that he has not already been sold,utd/arsenal will know we dont mess about with the prices we quote

Is Morgan as good as we all think?? I will admit to having my saints tinted specs on and I reckon he is potentially world class,his stats dont lie and he has been the most consistent CDM for the past 2 seasons but yet no real bids have come in ????

For someone that age,homegrown and proven in the prem why has he not been snapped up he is ready made for utd or Arsenal yet neither seem keen at all,UTD may be low balling but it is looking clear that he is going to be there 2nd choice after Schweinsteiger.

Just seems bizarre that he has not already been sold,utd/arsenal will know we dont mess about with the prices we quote

simply yes

what goes against him is his zero european football experience.

simply yes

what goes against him is his zero european football experience.

I wonder if this means that we could get just as much for him next year if he plays this year in the Europa League and does well.

I wonder if this means that we could get just as much for him next year if he plays this year in the Europa League and does well.

probably not, would only have 1 year left on his contract and we would need to do well in europe, which we will have to see about...

He will be down to his last season then so we would probably get less.

If he stays we need to extend his contract make him our highest paid if he isn't already and cash in next season,

Even if he had more years on his contract, the premium for Europa League experience is a lot lower than of Champions League, given differences in stature between the two competitions.

Starting to wonder whether this transfer is actually in Morgan's interest. Man U is his second choice and he is arsenal's second choice. Surely better to stay where you are happy and appreciated?

It's all probably bollorks anyway, he wants CL football and more money than we can offer, Utd will suit him just fine as the Arse is an apparent non-starter. His agent is a bit of a maverick and should not be listened to in any shape or form..

The Sunday Times article says he wants to work with Wenger, and would prefer to stay in the south .... hence his reservations about going to United. But clearly if Arsenal won't bid enough for him, then he'll end up at United anyway.

The Sunday Times article says he wants to work with Wenger, and would prefer to stay in the south .... hence his reservations about going to United. But clearly if Arsenal won't bid enough for him, then he'll end up at United anyway.

probably had koeman in his ear all last season telling him what a bell end van gaal is.

Wow, what a disrespectful arrogant *****.

Wasn't he the coach at the time we were in L1, and he said he'd need to leave to get in the squad?

I must admit though, I'm so bored of the Champions league stuff. If it's not players saying ''they need to play in it'', it's coaches saying they ''need to manage in it'' or it's national team coaches saying that they need their players ''playing in it.''.

How long before we lose our Groundsman to the lure of cutting the grass in the CL?

Windows has been saying this stuff for well over a year regarding Morgan and the French national side

It's a bit different to a professional managing a national team saying that it doesn't matter how good someone is, they won't get picked if they don't play for a big side.

He is a bit foolish if he actually has stated that, when he is not in the driving seat calling the shots.

If Man U do stump up the cash, how will other Utd players and The Fans feel about him only joining because nobody else put in a realistic bid?

Didnt Roy say it about Clyne as well?

Don't think so, he said something equally as stupid though.

''League form doesn't matter, they can't just expect to swan into the team after a good season in the Premier League''

Oh well, kitman next then.

''The lure of washing kits for the Champions league was too much to turn down''

Leave Forbsey alone ... he is through and through a Saint!!

It was bad enough losing our Black Box Man to Spurs and Physio (?) to Man U, but losing the man with all the washing machine and washing powder knowledge would be a step too far :scared: