Schneiderlin Joins Manchester United (Official)

Bewildered

He looked as miserable as f**k tonight, imo.

How can a Manyoo official have promised him that ? Surely we havent given permission to talk because a fee isnt set.

Surely it has been set. Man U will know what they need to offer Saints to get him.

Surely it has been set. Man U will know what they need to offer Saints to get him.

But they havent, to the best of our knowledge, agreed to pay it.

Manyoo are looking down at us, and our weakness to fend off the likes of Liverpool and Spurs, and thinking they can push us around.

And I am sure the animosity between LVG and Ronald isnt helping either.

When the price is right he will be allowed to go, but not before. Starting to **** me off the willingness of saints fans to get players out the door even if it means losing millions of pounds.
Because we need to build and plan for our forthcoming season - that's having a pre season with the players that are going to be playing for us next season. Plus how many of our first choices could we be missing out on?

When the price is right he will be allowed to go, but not before. Starting to **** me off the willingness of saints fans to get players out the door even if it means losing millions of pounds.

Er, thought I did say if the price is right? Obviously if it ain't, he has to put up & shut up until we get an acceptable bid. But once one us received, a quick move is best so replacements get the maximum time to gel with the group & have a proper pre season with us.

Yeah, came out last night. Let's get this done and dusted so we can move on, before all our top targets are elsewhere.

Yep, need to get the funds in to get a first choice CB and CM, £15m each should get us a couple of decent players.

Yep, need to get the funds in to get a first choice CB and CM, £15m each should get us a couple of decent players.

Doubt we will bring in two 15 million players and frankly given our success rate in that price bracket I's rather we didn't 8 million or so should see us a decent centre back and I'm expecting a similar amount for a midfielder. then we will add one or two younger others to bulk the squad and give us potential for the future.

Doubt we will bring in two 15 million players and frankly given our success rate in that price bracket I's rather we didn't 8 million or so should see us a decent centre back and I'm expecting a similar amount for a midfielder. then we will add one or two younger others to bulk the squad and give us potential for the future.

Probably not two but could well see a 10m defender and a 15m midfielder if Morgan goes for 25m

Edited by Saint_Ash
meant midfielder not striker

Probably not two but could well see a 10m defender and a 15m striker if Morgan goes for 25m

More like a £10m defender and a £15m midfielder, I would hope.

I don't think we will be signing another striker. If we are going to play 4-3-3 then we have:

Pelle

Rodriguez

Long

Mane

Juanmi

Tadic

Ramirez

Gallagher

competing for 3 spots. That's 3 from 8. Even if you say that Tadic, Ramirez or Juanmi might play more as a supporting forward as one of the midfield 3 that still leaves Pelle, Rodriguez, Long and Mane competing for three places with Gallagher and other academy prospects on stand-by. I don't think we can really justify spending £15million on another striker unless they are a clear upgrade on Pelle or unless Pelle is keen to leave for some reason. The current personnel are capable of covering Pelle's absence (whether enforced or tactical) without weakening the team signifcantly - and in fact, away from home in particular, a front three of Mane, Rodriguez and Juanmi/Long could be pretty useful.

We would be better placed spending that money on a midfielder because if Morgan goes then we are a Big Vic injury or suspension away from looking pretty vulnerable in midfield.

I don't think we will be signing another striker. If we are going to play 4-3-3 then we have:

Pelle

Rodriguez

Long

Mane

Juanmi

Tadic

Ramirez

Gallagher

competing for 3 spots. That's 3 from 8. Even if you say that Tadic, Ramirez or Juanmi might play more as a supporting forward as one of the midfield 3 that still leaves Pelle, Rodriguez, Long and Mane competing for three places with Gallagher and other academy prospects on stand-by. I don't think we can really justify spending £15million on another striker unless they are a clear upgrade on Pelle or unless Pelle is keen to leave for some reason. The current personnel are capable of covering Pelle's absence (whether enforced or tactical) without weakening the team signifcantly - and in fact, away from home in particular, a front three of Mane, Rodriguez and Juanmi/Long could be pretty useful.

We would be better placed spending that money on a midfielder because if Morgan goes then we are a Big Vic injury or suspension away from looking pretty vulnerable in midfield.

Sorry, I meant midfielder

Er' date=' thought I did say if the price is right? Obviously if it ain't, he has to put up & shut up until we get an acceptable bid. But once one us received, a quick move is best so replacements get the maximum time to gel with the group & have a proper pre season with us.[/quote']

you did, but my point was that saying the `time has come for both parties to move on' is meaningless. The pace of the move is determined by how quickly United get to our valuation.

Because we need to build and plan for our forthcoming season - that's having a pre season with the players that are going to be playing for us next season. Plus how many of our first choices could we be missing out on?

the players to replace him have been identified. They will know that the move is dependant on Morgan going. If they fancy coming here they won't make a decision to go elsewhere now, they will bide their time to ensure they get the best deal.

I don't buy in too much to needing to have a pre-season with us. Good players will slot in almost instantly. Better to get a better player late then a lessor player early.

In short, lets hold out for the full £30m. Morgan is top notch and we should get top dollar for him.

the players to replace him have been identified. They will know that the move is dependant on Morgan going. If they fancy coming here they won't make a decision to go elsewhere now, they will bide their time to ensure they get the best deal.

I don't buy in too much to needing to have a pre-season with us. Good players will slot in almost instantly. Better to get a better player late then a lessor player early.

In short, lets hold out for the full £30m. Morgan is top notch and we should get top dollar for him.

So you think there is a run of top drawer midfielders around Europe just sitting around, turning down moves to other clubs, just waiting for Saints to sell their current midfielder, even if that happens in the middle of August?

Read any manager's comments, they always stress the importance of pre-season to gel a team and bring their players together, I've never heard the suggestion it doesn't matter before.

So you think there is a run of top drawer midfielders around Europe just sitting around, turning down moves to other clubs, just waiting for Saints to sell their current midfielder, even if that happens in the middle of August?

Read any manager's comments, they always stress the importance of pre-season to gel a team and bring their players together, I've never heard the suggestion it doesn't matter before.

I suspect Clasie is doing just that, in fact his recent comments: "I have read Koeman's comments. If Schneilderlin leaves, we will see."

With regards to pre-season, Toby joined last day of August. He slotted in immediately. Football is a very simple game. Top players don't need weeks of preseason to know how to play. The side as a whole, yes, but not individual players.

completely agree. though mane and toby didn't have a pre season and toby started very well (mane took a few games to come out the woodwork)

completely agree. though mane and toby didn't have a pre season and toby started very well (mane took a few games to come out the woodwork)
Good players can still play well - they're good players. Doesn't stop a good pre-season being very useful, the amount of quotes attesting to that are clear. Alderweireld himself stressed the importance of having a proper pre-season with a club this season.

I suspect Clasie is doing just that, in fact his recent comments: "I have read Koeman's comments. If Schneilderlin leaves, we will see."

With regards to pre-season, Toby joined last day of August. He slotted in immediately. Football is a very simple game. Top players don't need weeks of preseason to know how to play. The side as a whole, yes, but not individual players.

Is Classie our first and only choice of CM? Will he still be saying the same come the middle of August? See above for comments on pre-season; the amount of quotes stressing its importance is more than long enough.

Is Classie our first and only choice of CM? Will he still be saying the same come the middle of August? See above for comments on pre-season; the amount of quotes stressing its importance is more than long enough.

It is, and yet after meltdown last summer we started with half a new team and looked like world beaters until Christmas. So while I agree that it would be better to have the whole squad settled by mid July, it rarely works out that way. Footballers are quite set in their ways, they like certainty, and pre-season helps set routines. But really good players can come in and perform from the word go.

Is Classie our first and only choice of CM?
Yes...ok, so I don't know, but that quote from Clasie suggests he has been sounded out, his agent has been primed and he knows the score. He will sit tight and wait for the Morgan deal to conclude. He, like us knows it will happen. United won't walk away from this deal, they will just drag their feet before stumping up the figure we wanted all along. The club certainly has no reason to try and rush it through if it means a smaller fee.

Personally I'd prefer us to try and price him out of the market, he's that good a player. I've not seen Clasie, but he will have to be mint for us to not go backwards.

Pelle

Rodriguez

Long

Mane

Juanmi

Tadic

Ramirez

Gallagher

I think we will sign 3 more players, 1 x CB and 2 x CMs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33464494

Hints that Bastian Schweinsteiger is perhaps tempted by Man U. Perhaps explains why man u are dragging their feet Schweinsteiger is allegedly their first choice over Morgan. Wonder how Morgan will react if no one ends up wanting him? I think in his mind he was all but signed for Arsenal at the end of the season.

Yes...ok, so I don't know, but that quote from Clasie suggests he has been sounded out, his agent has been primed and he knows the score. He will sit tight and wait for the Morgan deal to conclude. He, like us knows it will happen. United won't walk away from this deal, they will just drag their feet before stumping up the figure we wanted all along. The club certainly has no reason to try and rush it through if it means a smaller fee.

Personally I'd prefer us to try and price him out of the market, he's that good a player. I've not seen Clasie, but he will have to be mint for us to not go backwards.

Koeman told Clasie that he is not the only option when Schneiderlin leaves so if another club comes in and Clasie believes it's the right club (like Porto last year) he feels free to move elsewhere. Considering your remark about good players slotting in almost immediately: in that case Clasie will not live up to your expectations and it would be better for him to move elsewhere as he will need some time to adjust to the PL. Just like Tadic or Djuricic need...

I think the problem for Morgan and for us is that he is a very good player who probably hasnt reached his peak yet but may not have much improvement left and is not a regular starting international. This means that there are others who are as good or better and I think its unlikely that a foreign club will be willing to pay any more than 15-20m for him. Therefore unless Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea or City are willing to pay 25m+ we seem unlikely to sell. I hope he goes and we get thst sort of miney and buy a couple to replace him - Clasie and Wijnuldrum (or whatever his name is) seem like the ideal scenario!

Considering your remark about good players slotting in almost immediately: in that case Clasie will not live up to your expectations and it would be better for him to move elsewhere as he will need some time to adjust to the PL. Just like Tadic or Djuricic need...

are you saying Clasie is not a good player so won't shine immediately, or are you saying he is a good player but will need time to find his feet in a different league?

Not sure I follow you. Tadic was up to speed immediately. Mind you he had a preseason. With Djuricic I would say it was more about his lack of fitness than needing to find his feet in the Prem.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33464494

Hints that Bastian Schweinsteiger is perhaps tempted by Man U. Perhaps explains why man u are dragging their feet Schweinsteiger is allegedly their first choice over Morgan. Wonder how Morgan will react if no one ends up wanting him? I think in his mind he was all but signed for Arsenal at the end of the season.

United sign Schweinsteiger, we keep Morgan. Happy days. Simple as that, unless of course Arsenal come back with a £25m offer. Isn't Schweinsteiger ageing though?

United sign Schweinsteiger, we keep Morgan. Happy days. Simple as that, unless of course Arsenal come back with a £25m offer. Isn't Schweinsteiger ageing though?

united have more money than god. does not matter if he will have no re-sale value

Schweinsteiger is 30 I think. I don't think Arsenal have really ever been interested in Morgan they've never made a bid for him in six years doubt they will now at the money we want.

I wouldn't think resale value is ever really on the minds of Utd/Chelsea/City/Madrid etc. Here and now is what they want/

Schweinsteiger is 30 I think. I don't think Arsenal have really ever been interested in Morgan they've never made a bid for him in six years doubt they will now at the money we want.

They don't need to be interested in him though, all they have to do is recall him from us.

My big fear is that if United do get their number one target Morgan has left himself relying on Arsenal and Wenger, the way they operate they will come in during the last days of the window and we will be stuffed!

i still believe he will end up at Arsenal, what would be funny is if United do sign Morgan then get Schweinsteiger afterwards.

Morgan to United just doesn't feel right to me, they just look to be hedging their bets and watching and hoping Schweinsteiger gives them the green light.......then again I believed Clarkey when he kept saying Spurs and Toby didn't feel right !!

My big fear is that if United do get their number one target Morgan has left himself relying on Arsenal and Wenger, the way they operate they will come in during the last days of the window and we will be stuffed!

i still believe he will end up at Arsenal, what would be funny is if United do sign Morgan then get Schweinsteiger afterwards.

Morgan to United just doesn't feel right to me, they just look to be hedging their bets and watching and hoping Schweinsteiger gives them the green light.......then again I believed Clarkey when he kept saying Spurs and Toby didn't feel right !!

There was and still is something fishy about all of that! But that's water under the bridge now.

United officials were down in southampton today - the difference in valuation isn't huge, considering they've made only one offer. If United don't match our valuation, we will almost certainly compromise given lack of outside suitors. IMO, he'll be a United player by the end of next week, if not earlier in light of their US tour.

I don't believe that will happen. In my opinion they will not move on Morgan until the Schweinsteiger issue is resolved. Bastian is their first choice and he is still apparently considering a move (last week it sounded like he was not moving). If they do get BS they will not go for Morgan. Then unless Arsenal come in he will probably not be going anywhere. In my view there is a still a decent chance that he will not leave this summer, which would be great.

are you saying Clasie is not a good player so won't shine immediately, or are you saying he is a good player but will need time to find his feet in a different league?

Not sure I follow you. Tadic was up to speed immediately. Mind you he had a preseason. With Djuricic I would say it was more about his lack of fitness than needing to find his feet in the Prem.

The latter: Clasie is a good player but he will be needing 3 or 4 months playing time to adapt to the team and the PL, I can hear the comments already: "he's sh*ite" etc. So it will be a step back from Schneiderlin in the beginning and the question is if the fans will grant him the time needed. I know Koeman will but you know how it works sometimes.

Tadic could fall back on his technical skills in the beginning but got problems because he wasn't used to the pace and many games at a high level in the PL. He had an easy life playing in the Eredivisie... ;)

Djuricic wasn't fit enough for the PL from the beginning and therefore needed more time to cope with the pace and the power, just like Clasie will.

He looked as miserable as f**k tonight, imo.

How can a Manyoo official have promised him that ? Surely we havent given permission to talk because a fee isnt set.

Ive never been convinced by Monks "ITK" status. He seems to say alot without ever really saying anything. Hes been that way for 2 years now. Not seen anything from him that 1) comes true or 2) hasnt been in the papers for weeks

The comments on Spider again seem completely made up

At training today Schneiderlin was the perfect professional and did everything with a smile on his face.

Please stop making up such rubbish that he's unhappy. Yes he wants to play CL, but he also respects the situation and more importantly Ronald Koeman and Southampton FC.

Ive never been convinced by Monks "ITK" status. He seems to say alot without ever really saying anything. Hes been that way for 2 years now. Not seen anything from him that 1) comes true or 2) hasnt been in the papers for weeks

The comments on Spider again seem completely made up

2.7/10