Schneiderlin Joins Manchester United (Official)

Bewildered

Listening to all the Utd supporters calling in talkSport and spouting off on forums that they don't think Morgan is good enough as he has no European and CL experience and that he is OK at best.

Not good enough - he owned their midfield last year - not one of em are fit to lace his boots.

Not good enough - he owned their midfield last year - not one of em are fit to lace his boots.

To be fair, if it was Mancs phoning talk sport then they're likely to be your arm-chair-never been to a game type of fan. To be fair to them, reading through redcafe they all want him. They think he should be their number 1 singing this summer.

Can you also name drop and credit all the twitter user accounts you've nicked info off over the years and passed off as your own. Thanks in advance.

It's that sort of tenacity that has got Conor where he is today; claiming he once met Alex Crook.

Reading between the lines a bit, I'm sure things were said last year along the lines of "sure, if a Champions League side comes in for you and matches our valuation of you, we'll let you leave, but you're not going to Spurs this summer". As things stand, none of the 4 clubs who qualified for the Champions League have made an offer that matches our valuation (whether that's £25m, £30m or somewhere in between, depending on who you believe) - hopefully he is a bit more measured dealing with the situation this summer, as I don't expect Man United to just hand over the asking price immediately. He's probably going to have to be very patient.

In the meantime, I'd be very surprised if we weren't already setting up deals elsewhere - with the club's cashflow boosted in May with the PL prize money, it shouldn't be a case of not having the cash to do deals until we sell.

What happens if a Champions League club comes in with the full offer a day before the transfer window has closed?

To be fair, if it was Mancs phoning talk sport then they're likely to be your arm-chair-never been to a game type of fan. To be fair to them, reading through redcafe they all want him. They think he should be their number 1 singing this summer.

And they would be right. Let's no beat about the bush here he, is one of the best in the position he plays out there.. How arsenal are not all over him like a rash just baffles me.

What happens if a Champions League club comes in with the full offer a day before the transfer window has closed?

I like to think we'd say "Tough come back in January and add another 5 million while you are at it". It would be to late to use the money for anything useful or to get a replacement by then.

Though TBH 30 million would probably be to hard to turn down.

I like to think we'd say "Tough come back in January and add another 5 million while you are at it". It would be to late to use the money for anything useful or to get a replacement by then.

Was it ever established exactly why we don't have the money to pay for a replacement right now? I mean we're not going to sign anyone for anything upwards of about 16 million anyway, why don't we have that?

I was just responding to Steve's assumptions on what might have been agreed with Schneiderlin.

Maybe we received more than what the club valued them at. The club won't sell Morgan for less than his club's perceived value.

but we didnt HAVE to sell them. we might have got champions league had we had a back up to pelle, or had lallana when tadic gave up

anyway....

The situation with us though is that we wouldn't get more in January, after this window his value will just drop. In his current contract status, his peak value is probably £25-30m, it will go down from here. I reckon as the window goes on and clubs are still bulking at the £25m+ we want, then we'll negotiate lower. I don't think we fancy the risk of running someone as valuable as him down to a single year, plus there's the added need to replace him. You can't just sell Morgan, fill his place with Reed and expect to be as competitive.

On one hand we have an element of power at this moment in time with regards to demanding the fee, but as the window draws to a close, the player will dictate what happens in my opinion. And by next summer, we hold very little power and would probably only get £15m tops for him.

I'm pretty sure he will go sooner rather than later, and whilst you have to admire us for sticking to our guns re: the fee we want, that may change as the window moves on when it becomes obvious that clubs aren't interested.

Was it ever established exactly why we don't have the money to pay for a replacement right now? I mean we're not going to sign anyone for anything upwards of about 16 million anyway, why don't we have that?

Has anyone said we don't have the money? If we don't sell him, we don't need a replacement.

Has anyone said we don't have the money? If we don't sell him, we don't need a replacement.

Ah but post 311 implies that we need the money somewhat before deadline day for it to be of any utility, thus the assumption that we cannot advance it. First mooted in post 269 though.

Edited by Window Cleaner

The situation with us though is that we wouldn't get more in January, after this window his value will just drop. In his current contract status, his peak value is probably £25-30m, it will go down from here. I reckon as the window goes on and clubs are still bulking at the £25m+ we want, then we'll negotiate lower. I don't think we fancy the risk of running someone as valuable as him down to a single year, plus there's the added need to replace him. You can't just sell Morgan, fill his place with Reed and expect to be as competitive.

On one hand we have an element of power at this moment in time with regards to demanding the fee, but as the window draws to a close, the player will dictate what happens in my opinion. And by next summer, we hold very little power and would probably only get £15m tops for him.

I'm pretty sure he will go sooner rather than later, and whilst you have to admire us for sticking to our guns re: the fee we want, that may change as the window moves on when it becomes obvious that clubs aren't interested.

Got to add in the January window premium:)

TBF I don't disagree in some ways I think the club would be happy to sell Morgan now for 25-30 million and invest in 2-3 new players at about 10 million each (which they can sell for more in 2-3 seasons time).

but we didnt HAVE to sell them. we might have got champions league had we had a back up to pelle, or had lallana when tadic gave up

anyway....

true except that we might not have signed tadic if Lallana hadn't left. Not entirely sure we would have signed Pelle is Lambert had stayed.

Ah but post 311 implies that we need the money somewhat before deadline day for it to be of any utility, thus the assumption that we cannot advance it. First mooted in post 269 though.

Liebherr might has said no to more "temporary" cash flow assisting loans.

According to a friend who is a reporter for the Echo (not football), we have not received any offers for Morgan. Chelsea are not interested whilst Man U and Arsenal have other targets at the moment. He has been wrong about Saints before though (or did Sven become our Manager at one stage?).

I interpreted post 311 as meaning if we sell him 24 hours before the window closes, and then try to get a replacement, we have to pay over the odds to push a deal through. Not that we need to sell before we can buy.

Yeah, stuck that up further on the page, decent read. Not sure how itk Mitten is, but always comes across as a sensible, well-informed bloke.

Sorry, just seen you had posted same link. Decent read, he seems very decisive on dates and amounts which does lend a certain credibility.

Sorry, just seen you had posted same link. Decent read, he seems very decisive on dates and amounts which does lend a certain credibility.

He could have got the date from this tweet from 5 hours before his article was published...

Amy Lewis@SkySportsAmy 8h8 hours ago

Understand Man Utd bid for Schneiderlin 10 days ago (under £25m). Didn't meet Saints asking price & was rejected. Also told no contact since

Jeremy Wilson reporting Utd failed with a bid of £20m last week and have not returned with new offer as of yet.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/transfers/11712125/Manchester-United-transfer-news-Southampton-turn-down-20m-Morgan-Schneiderlin-bid.html

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Few United fans I was talking to today think they might not come back!

Jeremy Wilson reporting Utd failed with a bid of £20m last week and have not returned with new offer as of yet.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/transfers/11712125/Manchester-United-transfer-news-Southampton-turn-down-20m-Morgan-Schneiderlin-bid.html

Well at least it wasn't a completely insulting offer like Tottenham's £10m.

Basically, if Utd come in again it'll likely be for £25m an we'll sell. The ball is in their court.

Find it hard to believe you make an opening bid of £20m for a player and then walk away.

I would imagine the only circumstance where that happens is when all of a sudden a different deal opens up for you.

With United now (apparently) stalling on Schneiderlin and starting to talk about Jordy Clasie again, I can't help but wonder if the mutual dislike between Van Gaal and Ronald is at play here.

Several of Koeman's critical next moves are held up pending a Van Gaal decision. Van Gaal knows he'll get who he wants in the end, and he's the sort of person to get a kick out of jerking Ronald around in the process.

Several of Koeman's critical next moves are held up pending a Van Gaal decision. Van Gaal knows he'll get who he wants in the end, and he's the sort of person to get a kick out of jerking Ronald around in the process.

You'd hope that the manager of Manchester United wouldn't have time to worry about petty things like that, and would just want to get his own dealings done for the sake of his team. But it's possible I guess.

You'd hope that the manager of Manchester United wouldn't have time to worry about petty things like that, and would just want to get his own dealings done for the sake of his team. But it's possible I guess.

Get the impression that Van Gaal has a different agenda where Ronald is concerned, probably resents the fact that Koeman is mentioned in the same sentence as Cruyff in Dutch football, bit like Hoddle and his issue with Matty being more gifted than him. The Villa story at Vale do Lobo does show the pettiness of the man.

With United now (apparently) stalling on Schneiderlin and starting to talk about Jordy Clasie again, I can't help but wonder if the mutual dislike between Van Gaal and Ronald is at play here.

Clasie doesn't make much sense - clasie is not a like-for-like replacement for schneiderlin and they're in the market for a solid, physical yet polished DM in the mold of schneiderlin. Bind, Herrera, Carrick can all do a Clasie job.

The club could play hard ball and refuse to sell him in the summer, so two can play at that game - I'm sure the clubs are bigger than that as united will have better things to worry about.

We've already told the player how much we value him at and that if a sufficient bid is made it'll be accepted.

Oh dear! http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/588529/Morgan-Schneiderlin-Man-Utd-Arsenal-Spurs-Wimbledon-Jo-Wilfried-Tsonga-Transfer-News

Are the press really that short of news that they have to continue writing utter rubbish. Bloke goes to watch the premier Grand Slam tennis event so let's spin out a story.

Wasnt there a similair story last year of him at a train station in london with pictures on twitter? Turned out he was watching tennis then too...