Schneiderlin Joins Manchester United (Official)

Bewildered

It is amazing how reporters twist a story, this has been put up on BBC reference Morgan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33415617

Apparently a bid has been received from Manu for Morgan and Morgan missed first day of training.

They seem to have overlooked some minor points about this, the offer was a couple of weeks ago, and Morgan was at first day of training which was last week.

I used to respect BBC reporting, but really it is as trashy as just about everything else.

It is amazing how reporters twist a story, this has been put up on BBC reference Morgan

Apparently a bid has been received from Manu for Morgan and Morgan missed first day of training.

They seem to have overlooked some minor points about this, the offer was a couple of weeks ago, and Morgan was at first day of training which was last week.

I used to respect BBC reporting, but really it is as trashy as just about everything else.

Yeh but he was made to train with the U21s!!

.....plus a distinct lack of knowledge about our training methodology.

One " loosely-worded " report I read last week said that Schneiderlin had been " punished " by Koeman .....and had to train with the U21's.

Quite a number of the U21's regularly train with the first team squad.

They started last week - as did many of of the first teamers, and with those who had international call-ups in June being allowed to return on week later (read today).

Whilst MS did train with the U21's----so did everyone else who was present.....it was the start of the pre-season......(very poor journalism)

If this is happening, it really needs to happen sooner rather than later.

It's probably worth taking a 2-5 mil hit on the total fee so we can actually get our first choice replacement, who probably won't be available on the 25th August.

If this is happening, it really needs to happen sooner rather than later.

It's probably worth taking a 2-5 mil hit on the total fee so we can actually get our first choice replacement, who probably won't be available on the 25th August.

Yeah, it's only £2.5m..........

Facepalm thingy.

Yeah, it's only £2.5m..........

Facepalm thingy.

There's truth in what he says though.

If our preferred replacements are getting bought up, it's definitely in our interest to get the deal done reasonably quickly and that might come down to dropping our asking price a bit.

Morgan checked into the Grand Harbour last night for a two-night stay after arriving in an airport taxi.

Doesn't look like he's going to Austria today.

Interesting. I'm sure Koeman said yesterday that Morgan would be going to Austria though, maybe joining up a couple of days later

Morgan checked into the Grand Harbour last night for a two-night stay after arriving in an airport taxi.

Let's be honest Schneiderlin is a bit of a stroppy frenchman , after last summers tantrums I struggle to care much about whether he stays or goes just hope we get a good price and he faila by Luke Shaw proportions at United

What did he have for breakfast? If he had extra Black Pudding with his Full English, the odds are he is preparing for life oop north ;)

Yeah I agree. We know he's leaving, lets get shot of him quickly so we can integrate his replacement.

He's only leaving if we get the right fee, but I'm at the point with him where I hope that happens. He clearly doesn't want to be here and his value will be significantly less next summer with only a year left on his contract

Interesting. I'm sure Koeman said yesterday that Morgan would be going to Austria though, maybe joining up a couple of days later

I thought they were travelling on Wednesday. Kick-off is not until 7pm local time.

Unless United or anyone else comes in with an offer that meets our expectations (27m?) then Morgan will be staying with us, which is the best option. Morgan leaving is not a slam dunk like some on here and in the media seem to think.

It is a matter of time before he goes, but until then I have no fear that we will hold out for the best possible deal for the club.

One of the few positives from last summers mauling of our players is that we got very good fees which set some lovely precedents for the prices we sell players for. And also gives us the financial footing to never actually need the money either.

Have to say I am completely relaxed about the situation.

It is a matter of time before he goes, but until then I have no fear that we will hold out for the best possible deal for the club.

I'm with you on this.. It's a shame that Arsenal appear to be out of the picture as a bidding war would have accelerated things a bit no doubt.

I'm with you on this.. It's a shame that Arsenal appear to be out of the picture as a bidding war would have accelerated things a bit no doubt.

Doubt if Arsenal were ever in the hunt, think we're still waiting for the offers that they were supposed to be going to make us in January 2009, summer 2010, summer 2013,summer 2014 and January of this year. An offer from Arsenal is a "belle arlesienne".

Even at 30m they get a consistent midfielder who'll play every week for years and help them win things. He's easily worth that. Arsenal are crazy for not getting him signed, he and Cech in the spine of their team is everything they've been missing.

Yep, with Morgan and Cech in their team they will concede far less goals and I would say they had a chance at the title.

To be fair Chris that is actually a hell of a lot of money to just 'take a hit on'. This is not FIFA manager.

Well it is a lot of money, but we will take a far bigger hit if we end up with a 7th place target for CM and come 1-2+ places lower that last season - due to the prize money + also the prize money, albeit smaller, for all the cups (Europa, League, FA) we will do worse in.

If he stays another season (which I dont think he will), he'll go for half our price next summer!

or he'll stay longer, sign extended contract and do what a player is supposed to do under contract. Getting a fee for him is not the only possible outcome, and is not necessarily the best outcome for Saints. Some people seem to lose sight of this and think we have to sell everyone eventually. I don't recall getting much of a fee for Le Tiss. Best option for Saints is he stays, he is our best player and is the best DM in the PL. If he leaves for a massive fee now, then so be it, but it has to be for the amount we value him at.

or he'll stay longer, sign extended contract and do what a player is supposed to do under contract. Getting a fee for him is not the only possible outcome, and is not necessarily the best outcome for Saints. Some people seem to lose sight of this and think we have to sell everyone eventually. I don't recall getting much of a fee for Le Tiss. Best option for Saints is he stays, he is our best player and is the best DM in the PL. If he leaves for a massive fee now, then so be it, but it has to be for the amount we value him at.

Le Tiss Pretty much retired with us and turned down offers from bigger clubs. Morgan has made it perfectly clear he wants to leave. Whats the point in running down his contract? There's no way he'll sign an extension and he'll end up leaving on a free.

Think we will lose our squad strengthening money in that case. Not sure we have many others in his bracket.

Perhaps not, surely we must have some money for squad improvement without selling all of our better players again. Or did we give it all to Osvaldo :uhoh:?

Anyway we'll be wiser when we see if he goes to Austria or not, don't think Schweinsteiger is interested in MU any more though.

Le Tiss Pretty much retired with us and turned down offers from bigger clubs. Morgan has made it perfectly clear he wants to leave. Whats the point in running down his contract? There's no way he'll sign an extension and he'll end up leaving on a free.

But he won't leave unlesd someone takes him and gives CL. You know there are other possibilities than us selling him. I understsnd this may difficult for fm generation to understand.

But he won't leave unlesd someone takes him and gives CL. You know there are other possibilities than us selling him. I understsnd this may difficult for fm generation to understand.

Don't try throwing petty little insults at me. Whats the point? I've been a saints fan for years and used to love going to the Dell when I was younger so stop trying to belittle me and insinuate that i'm just some kid that knows **** all.

If you honestly think that then thats fine, it's your opinion. My opinion is that if his contract is allowed to enter it's last year then a cl club WILL buy him at a cut price as he will NOT sign a contract extension.

Edited by Shance

Don't try throwing petty little insults at me. Whats the point? I've been a saints fan for years and used to love going to the Dell when I was younger so stop trying to belittle me and insinuate that i'm just some kid that knows **** all.

If you honestly think that then thats fine, it's your opinion. My opinion is that if his contract is allowed to enter it's last year then a cl club WILL buy him at a cut price as he will NOT sign a contract extension.

Dont worry about it. There are a few crusty posters who cant accept differing views. Over time you learn who they are and treat them accordingly.