Schneiderlin Joins Manchester United (Official)

Bewildered

The Mirror is always 100% accurate in all their reports. Basically complete ****** compiled after Ronald's press conference yesterday. If Saints turned down £20m and Manure want him then they will have to bid more - lets add £5m. I think Manure are just playing at the moment with Schweinsteiger their preferred option.

Don't try throwing petty little insults at me. Whats the point? I've been a saints fan for years and used to love going to the Dell when I was younger so stop trying to belittle me and insinuate that i'm just some kid that knows **** all.

If you honestly think that then thats fine, it's your opinion. My opinion is that if his contract is allowed to enter it's last year then a cl club WILL buy him at a cut price as he will NOT sign a contract extension.

OK, so you're not a kid that knows **** all. You have an opinion and that's fine, I think your opinion is a very narrow one and that you are ignoring other real possibilities that can occur in the real world. I don't have a defined view of what might happen in the future, I know there is a broad range of possibilities that might unfold, and what will be will be. If I had to guess at what might happen in this crazy football world, I would think that the probability of you being right is about 80%.

A Utd official promised to Morgan that he would be a Manchester United player this week. He is a very frustrated chap at the moment.

Utd/van gaal playing silly buggers then. Not our fault, he just needs to keep his head down (and attached..)

Maybe he is frustrated with the valuation we have put on him.

Compliment tho surely?

Hope Juve hurry up and sell pogba then give us half the money for Morgan ;) much rather he didn't play for another prem team

Yes, told you all that yesterday. Someone even found some You Tube footage of him getting sent off.

He's really not a very good player and I'm surprised that we're even sniffing around players of that quality.

Yes, told you all that yesterday. Someone even found some You Tube footage of him getting sent off.

He's really not a very good player and I'm surprised that we're even sniffing around players of that quality.

If we replace Morgan with a player that we're bidding £3.5m for I'll be thoroughly disappointed.

Hopefully it means we're getting two...

Morgan must be getting more frustrated by the day! To be honest, he was the one player who I didn't mind moving as he has been a real asset for Saints, but after 6 years prob deserved a bigger move. The longer it goes on, the messier the departure will be! Still, we know he is off so not quite the same as losing Toby to Spurs or even Clyne going! think whoever we get in to replace him will be solid! The Polish guy would be a fantastic acquisition

Morgan must be getting more frustrated by the day! To be honest, he was the one player who I didn't mind moving as he has been a real asset for Saints, but after 6 years prob deserved a bigger move. The longer it goes on, the messier the departure will be! Still, we know he is off so not quite the same as losing Toby to Spurs or even Clyne going! think whoever we get in to replace him will be solid! The Polish guy would be a fantastic acquisition

Man Utd are the ones dragging their feet they know our valuation and everyone knows they can afford him if they are serious. I did read a couple of articles, the other week, one saying Morgan wasn't really man u first choice (more of a back up option) and another article where Morgan had told friends he really wanted to go to Arsenal but would go to Man U as a back up option.....sounds like a match made in heaven.

Rather we just got him sold now (for the right price) and used the money to bring in two or three good new players.

Man Utd are the ones dragging their feet they know our valuation and everyone knows they can afford him if they are serious. I did read a couple of articles, the other week, one saying Morgan wasn't really man u first choice (more of a back up option) and another article where Morgan had told friends he really wanted to go to Arsenal but would go to Man U as a back up option.....sounds like a match made in heaven.

Rather we just got him sold now (for the right price) and used the money to bring in two or three good new players.

I'm with you on this as well. Whilst I think we can still sign players without selling, our really, top, top targets will need a bit of funding from a sale....

I'm with you on this as well. Whilst I think we can still sign players without selling, our really, top, top targets will need a bit of funding from a sale....

Can't help feeling that was the plan. I think maybe Morgan (and the club) had expected a bit more interest if I'm honest.

I think he is their top target, I doubt that he'd prefer Arsenal who won't bid anyway.Utd are dragging their feet because they hope to get him for 25 instead of nearer 30. The more they wait the more edgy we become and when the bid of 24 + adds on comes in we'll think three or four times before rejecting it. It could have been that the inital bid wasn't the 20 straight that some seem to imagine, could have been more like 12 + Chicharito who ferked it up by breaking his collarbone or something, not that he wanted to come here anyway but we want him and he'll not get a game at Old Traff.

If we replace Morgan with a player that we're bidding £3.5m for I'll be thoroughly disappointed.

Hopefully it means we're getting two...

That makes no season seeing that we only paid £1 million for Morgan?

A transfer fee has no bearing on the players ability in truth...

That makes no season seeing that we only paid £1 million for Morgan?

A transfer fee has no bearing on the players ability in truth...

The financial circumstances of Strasbourg at that time had some bearing on the price, they were desperate for money and had to sell the crown jewels for a handful of coppers. It's the way French football works, there is a governing body who have every power over the clubs and they can send you down a couple of divisions if your budget does not balance. For instance Bastia have been sent down a division because they were 1.5 million euros short on next years budget so they hastily sell their prime asset to Montpellier for just enough to cover the deficit in order to get the decision overturned. Imagine where English football would be if there was an equivalent of the DNCG.

I think he is their top target, I doubt that he'd prefer Arsenal who won't bid anyway.Utd are dragging their feet because they hope to get him for 25 instead of nearer 30. The more they wait the more edgy we become and when the bid of 24 + adds on comes in we'll think three or four times before rejecting it. It could have been that the inital bid wasn't the 20 straight that some seem to imagine, could have been more like 12 + Chicharito who ferked it up by breaking his collarbone or something, not that he wanted to come here anyway but we want him and he'll not get a game at Old Traff.

We don't want/no longer want Hernandez. My understanding is that the initial bid was £20m, with £16m guaranteed and the rest in add-ons.

We don't want/no longer want Hernandez. My understanding is that the initial bid was £20m, with £16m guaranteed and the rest in add-ons.

Well then I can see why we're in no hurry to sign a replacement because with an initial offer like that he'll not be going anywhere near Old Traff at any time soon.

@MikeKeegan_DM: United have re-opened talks with Southampton over Morgan Schneiderlin. Club official travelled down this am. More @MailSport soon. #mufc

Well connected Northern reporter.

Good news if true IMO.

Need to get this done and dusted as soon as possible tbh.

@MikeKeegan_DM: United have re-opened talks with Southampton over Morgan Schneiderlin. Club official travelled down this am. More @MailSport soon. #mufc

Well connected Northern reporter.

Good news if true IMO.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3154042/Manchester-United-head-Southampton-Morgan-Schneiderlin-deal-pre-season-tour.html

He's not going to be staying so if the price is right' date=' get him out. Been a brilliant player for us but the time has come for both parties to move on.[/quote']

When the price is right he will be allowed to go, but not before. Starting to **** me off the willingness of saints fans to get players out the door even if it means losing millions of pounds.

A Utd official promised to Morgan that he would be a Manchester United player this week. He is a very frustrated chap at the moment.

He looked as miserable as f**k tonight, imo.

How can a Manyoo official have promised him that ? Surely we havent given permission to talk because a fee isnt set.