Schneiderlin Joins Manchester United (Official)

Bewildered

Why's everyone being so nice to him? He's a complete tosser and has acted easily as bad as Lallana. He didn't opt to stay last season, we made him. He spouted off pretty much weekly throughout the season about how he wanted to leave. Screw the French ponce, he's gonna be yet another flop.

I'm all for signing young players, but you can't just write off international/CL level players who aren't even 30 yet. The bonus with Cabaye is that he's proven in this league, terrific for Newcastle and highly sought after before his mistaken move to PSG.

At 29, he's probably still got 4-5 years at the top. And his top level is a lot better than Clasie's at this moment in time. Midfield is such an important part of the team, and personally, I'm tempted to go with a bit of PL experience in there. You can't shrug at the potential signing of Cabaye.

He really hasn't.

A problem with our system is that sometimes we are too defensive by using two holding midfielders. Schneiderlins departure will enable a more attacking replacement, leaving Wanyama as the holding midfielder. It's a good deal and I'm very happy when he leaves for Man United.

I would prefer him to stay, but he's changed and it's time for him to move on. I wish him well. He's been contractually a great servant.

Edited by Andy Durman

Not sad to see him go for two reasons - we've been linked with some exciting names to replace him and he showed his true colours last season when we refused to sell him. He put it behind him and played well last season, but given he was contracted to us I don't really see why I should applaud him for that.

Either way, onwards and upwards. Last summer proved that it's a team game and not about individuals. We will replace/upgrade and carry on.

that link just sent my Virus software go bonkers...

Oh, sorry.. Some arsenal fan criticising him for not joining them.. It says..

Dear Morgan Schneiderlin: Get bent.

Dear M. Schneiderlin—

Apparently, you just don't get it. French defensive midfielders are *supposed* to come to Arsenal. Don't you want to be Vieira's heir? We were willing to overlook the, uh, *superficial* differences between the two of you because you are, after all, French as well as from Southampton. We were willing to compromise. You give a little, you get a little. But no. instead of making this relationship work, it appears you've jilted us for a "better" offer from Manchester United. Manchester United? They of the three managers in two seasons? A negative transfer balance over the last five years of close £300m? Morgan, they spent £171m on transfers just last summer and could barely manage to finish fourth—in a season without Champions League. Speaking of seasons without Champions League...

...you do know that Man U have to play a two-leg qualifier, right? You might have to trudge your way through two matches against the likes of Fenerbahçe or CSKA Moscow, who might not quite intimidate in their own right, but to call the travel. accomodations, and pitch a bit rough is too kind by half. But hey, with all that money Man U are throwing at you, maybe you can pretend not to notice.

From what I hear, the Glazers have arranged a package deal that includes a £25m transfer fee and £150k weekly wage. Not bad. Not bad at all. You've done well for yourself, Morgan, but I hope you don't mind my saying that you're not worth it. No disrespect. You're a fine footballer, but £150k per week? Come on. If Arsenal were to match that, you'd be out-earning Mesut Özil and Alexis Sánchez. You'd be the highest-paid player in the club. Just because Man U are willing to throw money at a problem, though, doesn't mean they've found a solution.

Speaking of problems, you face the prospect of shielding a defense that has to shield Victor Valdes or Anders Lindegaard once de Gea consummates his love affair with Real Madrid. Ponder that one. At some point or another, Man U do have to at least pretend to abide by FFP considerations, and it's only a matter of time before they have to sell someone. De Gea's contract runs through June 2016, so Man U can sell now, hope to resign him, or see him leave for free next summer. He might just be their most-saleable asset, though, as others are too old and expensive to be moved easily.

Look at things from de Gea's point of view: he single-handedly kept Man U competitive, at times literally. Is he willing to do that in a season that is (a) once again bereft of Champions League play or (b) congested by Champions League play? The first option is hardly ideal even if it allows Man U to focus on the Prem; the second is less than ideal because it suggests that Man U might fade in the Prem (and risk missing out on Champions League play next season). Having fought so valiantly only to face frustration, the temptation of greener grass and softer challenges at the Bernabéu sound well-high impossible to resist. At the other end of the pitch, enjoy watching Rooney and van Persie limp around. Falcao—for whatever he was worth—is gone. If Di María can't find ways to bounce the ball off of Fellaini's massive head into the net more often, well, it could be a very frustrating season.

As it stands, that's what you're signing up for. Had you come to Arsenal, you would have found a squad brimming with chemistry and ambition, just a player or two away from a legitimate title-tilt. Players like Ramsey, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain—oh. Now I see. You come to Arsenal, and you're going to have to fight like a madman to earn time on the pitch ahead of those guys. We're looking for a rugged, tenacious defending type to play alongside those more-forward thinking, box-to-box types, and you're not the rugged, tenacious defending type. I understand your concerns, just as I'm sure you understand ours.

I wonder what Wanyama is up to?

£25m sound like a pretty decent price to me, Morgan is a decent player but nothing astonishing. Some talk as if he is the be all and end all of our team but we've had some good results without him and some poor results with him in the side. We will reinvest and move on.

Schneiderlin's record of goals for and goals against whilst on the pitch over the whole of last season (+0.93) was the highest in the entire squad. He is, therefore, the most influential individual Saints player in terms of goals scored and goals not conceded. You may be astonished at what happens if we don't replace him with an equally good player.

I'm not surprised at Lighthouse's view to be honest, as under his previous guise as Arizona he was one of those who wanted Wotton starting in place of him.

If I'm honest, I'm a little bit anxious that he's leaving. Last summer was a tricky one, as we lost lots of good players. But we still did well because the likes of Wanyama, Morgan, Clyne are of a very good level. Those guys stepping up to the mark last season, coupled with the excellent recruitment policy gave us a terrific foundation to build on.

That's why I think it's so, so, so important we get the midfield position right. Just look at the stats from his season, there's no one better in the league, and then when you stick him next to Wanyama you are going to have a pretty formidable wall. There's no way we could afford a ''Gardos'' type signing in his position.

He will leave an enormous hole, whilst not impossible to fill, will be incredibly difficult and somewhat pricey.

He will be sorely missed if we do not get the right replacement. But I trust we already have his replacement primed.

Given the names we're being linked with (and they are of top quality) I think the club see the importance of it. We've had a good 12 months of knowing we will need to replace. I don't think the club have been naive in thinking he ''may'' stay, so I'm sure we have a huge list of player's who match his attributes.

It's time for the ''black box'' to pay back it's expensive fee....

He has been fantastic for us during our rise from L1.

However i can see him failing at ManU. Not on his ability but due to the mess the club is in at the moment. That would make me chuckle.

Not to forget, he has one hell of a job to do there...trying to protect Jones and Smalling and Evans while Rooney's shouting his wig off.

He has been fantastic for us during our rise from L1.

However i can see him failing at ManU. Not on his ability but due to the mess the club is in at the moment. That would make me chuckle.

Not to forget, he has one hell of a job to do there...trying to protect Jones and Smalling and Evans while Rooney's shouting his wig off.

He'll definitely bring a lot of stability with his role though. Essentially a much better and younger Carrick.

Schneiderlin's record of goals for and goals against whilst on the pitch over the whole of last season (+0.93) was the highest in the entire squad. He is, therefore, the most influential individual Saints player in terms of goals scored and goals not conceded. You may be astonished at what happens if we don't replace him with an equally good player.

I remember the Mail ran an article saying how important he was to us, and I think (but happy to be corrected) that they concentrated just on WDL when he was in/absent. He actually had the same impact on WDL as Forster, and given the bad run of results at the end of the season, I suspect that that would have tipped things Forster's way.

Why's everyone being so nice to him? He's a complete tosser and has acted easily as bad as Lallana. He didn't opt to stay last season, we made him. He spouted off pretty much weekly throughout the season about how he wanted to leave. Screw the French ponce, he's gonna be yet another flop.

You should stick to architecture. This football thing might be too much for you.

He had a single **** fit and made one tweet - So where this weekly nonsense comes from I have no idea.(Imagine Foster & Partners coming in for you and offering 3 times your salary) Three weeks later he had a fantastic match at Anfield on the opening game of the season and took that same form and commitment into every other game.

He is and remains one the best players I've ever seen in a Saints shirt (And that's a lot of players) and has given us 6 fantastic years service.

Gutted to see him leave, especially to utd, (But he is perfect for them) but he goes with my absolute best wishes and will follow his career with genuine interest.

I just hope he leaves with dignity, thanks the club and the fans (Lambert) rather than act like an absolute bellend (Lovren). Wish him well though. He is a world class midfielder and the fact that we've made 24x our money on him is a pretty good return.

He will. Intelligent and humble, which a sets him apart from Lovren and Lallana.

Motormouth Morgan killed his time her with his media antics starting with that tweet. The fact we wouldn't let him go to Spurs for £10M. Then he basically gobbed off everytime he went to France, which was a bloody insult and two fingers to us fans. He had No respect whatsoever and an arrogance that we would simply sell him, whatever. I really don't give a damn about any ex saints player playing for another club.

He will. Intelligent and humble, which a sets him apart from Lovren and Lallana.

Motormouth Morgan killed his time her with his media antics starting with that tweet. The fact we wouldn't let him go to Spurs for £10M. Then he basically gobbed off everytime he went to France, which was a bloody insult and two fingers to us fans. He had No respect whatsoever and an arrogance that we would simply sell him, whatever. I really don't give a damn about any ex saints player playing for another club.

Do I sense a slight difference of opinion here lads..............:D

:lol:

Do I sense a slight difference of opinion here lads..............:D

He has behaved honourably in getting his head down and having a great season for us when told to stay. However, its true that he finds it remarkably easy to talk about leaving whenever he goes to France and is interviewed which is mildly disappointing.

The actions of the two are about as polar opposite as you can get.

they are not polar opposites are they. come on

One point blank refused to play for the club after lying to the fans.

One has been open about a move, has got his head down and tried to get this club into the CL so he didn't have to move. He's even offered to start training tomorrow.

You should stick to architecture. This football thing might be too much for you.

He had a single **** fit and made one tweet - So where this weekly nonsense comes from I have no idea.(Imagine Foster & Partners coming in for you and offering 3 times your salary) Three weeks later he had a fantastic match at Anfield on the opening game of the season and took that same form and commitment into every other game.

He is and remains one the best players I've ever seen in a Saints shirt (And that's a lot of players) and has given us 6 fantastic years service.

Gutted to see him leave, especially to utd, (But he is perfect for them) but he goes with my absolute best wishes and will follow his career with genuine interest.

This.

Apart from the bit about him having a fantastic match at Anfield - he didn't, he actually cost us the game.

One point blank refused to play for the club after lying to the fans.

One has been open about a move, has got his head down and tried to get this club into the CL so he didn't have to move. He's even offered to start training tomorrow.

open about a move, was quite open to tell everyone in his national media that he wants out all season and kick off a stink at the start of the season which meant he did not feature fully in pre season etc.

yes, he has been brilliant for us. but he had to be if he wanted a move in the direction he wants. but lets not pretend he has not been telling everyone who would listen at home that he wanted out all year

open about a move, was quite open to tell everyone in his national media that he wants out all season and kick off a stink at the start of the season which meant he did not feature fully in pre season etc.

yes, he has been brilliant for us. but he had to be if he wanted a move in the direction he wants. but lets not pretend he has not been telling everyone who would listen at home that he wanted out all year

That's not pretend that the club didn't tell him that he could go at the end of the season.

He's been open about wanting to play UCL football, not about leaving Saints.

As stated by View From The Top - his interviews have been about wanting to play CL football - he's been honest and loyal to the club. I'm sure if you asked most players at mid-table sides if they would leave for a CL club they'd say yes.

Let's compare his actions to the other Saints player who'll be leaving this summer and then try and tell me he's been acting like Lallana

Highly doubt we'll get him due to his wages, unless he would come for less money than he is on there, a player doing that is very rare.

Although due to the tax system in France, he might still end up with only slightly more £££ over in Paris than over here in Southampton even if we payed him less here, get me?

What Gemmel said.

Some of you are very, very sad individuals. Morgan has been quality, he deserves a move to a top club, I wish him nothing but success.

I don't begrudge him the move but he won't be getting a warm welcome from me when he comes back like others that have left

What Gemmel said.

Some of you are very, very sad individuals. Morgan has been quality, he deserves a move to a top club, I wish him nothing but success.

Agree but the fact is some people are sad and nothing will change their tiny mindset good luck Morgan and clynny who gave 100 % to the club while they were here.time to move on,

Agree but the fact is some people are sad and nothing will change their tiny mindset good luck Morgan and clynny who gave 100 % to the club while they were here.time to move on,

Lallana gave 100% when he was here also

I think it would be much easier to not begrudge players like Lallana and Schneiderlin a move if they had actually won something for us or got to a final (apart from the JPT). Did very well in the league but is 7th or 8th something that will be talk about for decades? I suppose Morgan helped us to Europe but that was only because a Top 4 team won the final.

They helped us up but only to were we belong and didn't win a League 1 or championship title when the latter was in our hands but I suppose you can't begrudge them for going for a Top 4 club and taking a 'short-cut"due to them getting to the peak age for a footballer.

Shaws and Chambers was just silly for there own football development more than anything, they took a massive short cut

Lambert back hometown club past his best, no one can begrudge him

Lovren, just a *****, got here, finish 8th, left as soon as he could, no moral compass

to be fair, he has been talking a lot all season about wanting out/playing at the next level

Would you rather he had given interviews saying he would be happy to stay at Saints for the rest of his career, when that clearly wasn't the case?

He was simply being honest by saying he wanted to move up to a Champions League club, which is what he is now doing. I think it's perfectly understandable he wants to play at the next level after 7 years at the club.