Schneiderlin Joins Manchester United (Official)

Bewildered

Even though we've all known this will happen, it still kind of hits you where it hurts. I remember watching him on his debut against WHU in that pre-season friendly, full of optimism and hope with a young team and 2 dutch guys. He didn't look out of place what so ever in that game, but it's just a shame that the club as a whole didn't really create a decent environment for him that season.

Pardew has to take some credit as well, he sat him down and told him what's best for him, he could have gone that pre-season. Thankfully he didn't, and we got to see the growth and development of one of the best central midfield players to ever don the red and white stripes.

Kind of fitting that I was there for his final game too, and when he walked off injured, I think most of us knew that was that. Seems quite apt. for him to leaving 2 Dutchman behind, after being signed by 2 Dutchman 7 years ago.

I hold no grudge and I have no bitterness what so ever. He is joining one of the biggest, if not the biggest clubs in world football and getting a massive pay rise to boot. He deserves it.

Au revoir Morgan - thanks for the memories.

@bigadamsport: #saintsfc have confirmed agreement in place with #MUFC for @SchneiderlinMo4 - undisclosed fee but deal thought to be in excess of 25M

Yep. Thought it would be a compromise. That we wouldnt insist on our valuation of £30m but that it would be significantly above their original offer. If so, no complaints sbout the fee.

Yep. Thought it would be a compromise. That we wouldnt insist on our valuation of £30m but that it would be significantly above their original offer. If so, no complaints sbout the fee.

Smart, because even though we'd have love to have kept him... His value would plummet after this summer.

Surprised United were the only club that bid TBH.

I know "its only football" but of all the high profile departures over the last couple of seasons I'm actually finding this one quite emotional. (You soppy tart, trousers) Call me a drama queen but Morgan symbolises the start and end of the most dramatic era in recent Saints history. He was the 'beacon of hope' when he joined whilst the senior team was being dismantled to try and stave off administration. Sad to see him go but at the same time I'm really happy for him.

Right, that's enough emotional nonsense for one post!

Bon chance Morgan!

Edited by trousers
@

If I'm being honest I can't say I care about what happens next for him now. If all those that have left had stuck together we could of had a really great team here now. All the players who have gone on to the supposedly greener side, were better as a team instead of a bunch of individuals warming the bench of the big clubs. They all could have stayed and made history with Southampton side and achieved something special. They knew each other's game so well through going up the leagues together and were better as a team then a bunch of individuals. Greed and ego is the only reason to move on because if they had stuck together I really do believe they would have won silverware together. So I don't wish Morgan well. I don't care what happens for him with Utd. I just hope we put the money to good use.

League 1 to qualifying for Europe. Thankyou Morgan and all the best.

Good deal for everyone, At least one player who has left the summer won't get a bad reception on his return.

Any info on incomings? Other than Clasie, another DM? CB?

All the best to Morgan. Speaks of the man's qualities and professionalism that he wanted out, hung on for 12 months and still had a claim for being our best player.

A genuinely top class player who offered a lot to Saints during his seven years here. All the best at United, glad he's genuinely going to the very top.

Our team on his debut.

Davis, James, Perry, Svensson, Surman, Thomson, Schneiderlin, Gillet, Holmes, Lallana, McGoldrick.

What a sh*te team that was. Still strange to think of him lining up along side Michael Svensson. Think he also played in a preseason friendly with Jo Tessem.

In terms of our longest serving players now, after Davis and Fonte... Yoshida?

Edited by Lighthouse

What a sh*te team that was. Still strange to think of him lining up along side Michael Svensson. Think he also played in a preseason friendly with Jo Tessem.

In terms of our longest serving players now, after Davis and Fonte... Yoshida?

JWP and Jrod (depending on the measure)

Wish him well. He has been fantastic for us. Loved watching him play and he put in a cracking effort last season. We all make mistakes, no one's infallible. I hope he gets a good reception when he returns.

As someone else said. Of the player's we've lost over the last couple of years, second to Lambert for me (with a big gap mind ;) ).

One of the few players that wanted CL and didn't settle for second best. He's got his move and i'm really pleased for him. He cost us **** all and has been an outstanding player for us. Good luck Morgan!!!

P.S. Glad he's stayed in the pl, now all the doubters will see just how good he is!!

I'm not hoped he would move abroad when it was clear he wanted to go. I hate seeing good ex players turn out for another team. Lets hope we spend the money well.

Man Utd fans taking the **** out of City, quite funny really.

Schweinsteiger 14.4m, Morgan Schneiderlin £24m, Damian £13m. Total - 51m

Rahem Sterling = £49m

31 year old Pigclimber, 25 y/o Morgan, 25 y/o Darmian, 20 y/o Sterling.

If anything it's comparable to them spending £30m on Shaw but I agree that much for Sterling is just mental.

Sad to see the end of an era for Saints really - hardly anything left of the team that rose from the ashes and eased their way into the Prem. The dam was burst by Shaw, Lallana, Lambert, Chambers and Lovren. The rest was just a matter of time. Got to respect Kelv and Jose for keeping the faith.

Thanks for the memories Morgan - I guess you deserve a pop at the 'big time', but I don't wish you luck in your future career with any other Prem team.

With your two best players desperate to leave, and now gone, it's no wonder you are now favourites for relegation this coming season :)

#punchingaboveyourweight

Was Clyne one of our two best players? Spurs fans must be desperately disappointed they didn't get Schneiderlin on the cheap.

With your two best players desperate to leave, and now gone, it's no wonder you are now favourites for relegation this coming season :)

#punchingaboveyourweight

Favourites for relegation? Like last season you mean? How did that work out then?

I'm not hoped he would move abroad when it was clear he wanted to go. I hate seeing good ex players turn out for another team. Lets hope we spend the money well.

It will be weird seeing him in a strip with that terrible chevy logo..... and me not think for a split second "hey when did saints change our sponsor?"

but , been great watching morgan develop into a top top player. good luck to him. i can sit here with my hand on heart and genuinely wish the guy well....

Have to say I wish him well, a guy who has developed into a genuine top quality player and who has served us extremely well. Surprised one of the bigger teams here or abroad have not come in for him, but he will certainly improve Utd. Leaves a very big hole.

I wish him well, he was with us right from the beginning (well, actually from when crap hit the fan), and has become a star midfielder who can master any task he's asked to do at CM. Possibly our best performer from the last three seasons in the PL, he is easily on my top 3 players for each of them.

Our most painful loss. House-warm CMs are always the hardest ones to replace.